Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Filipino PT

Hi, I'm a 28 y/o Filipino Physical Therapist. I am licensed to practice PT in the US and currently have an employer willing to petition me for an H1b visa. Unfortunately, their lawyer had neglected to inform my employer about the H1b visa cap and has therefore failed to file for the H1b for the fiscal year of 2004. Their lawyer has informed me that I would have to wait until October before I can begin work in the US.
    Is there any other alternatives left for me and my employer to allow me to work before October 2004? I was supposed to be slated for employment for April of this year.
    Please help.

Hi, I'm a 28 y/o Filipino Physical Therapist. I am licensed to practice PT in the US and currently have an employer willing to petition me for an H1b visa. Unfortunately, their lawyer had neglected to inform my employer about the H1b visa cap and has therefore failed to file for the H1b for the fiscal year of 2004. Their lawyer has informed me that I would have to wait until October before I can begin work in the US.
    Is there any other alternatives left for me and my employer to allow me to work before October 2004? I was supposed to be slated for employment for April of this year.
    Please help.

Comment

there's no other way but to wait for october, 2004. they can file your h1b this april, 2004 but the starting date of your work is oct 1, 2004. I guess patience is the best thing to have right now. GOODLUCK!!!

Comment

Where are you now, in your home country, or you are working with the Attorney, Company attorneies, only collect the fees, thats all they do in US.
        All the best kabayen

Comment

I am currently in the Philippines, though I am leaving for the US for my interview/orientation.
          Is it possible to file for an immigrant (E3?) visa instead of an H1b? If so, how long will this take considering that there is some special considerations for nurses and PT's (I think).
          If they file for my H1b this April, can I get a waiver or something to allow me to begin work before October?

Comment

You have to wait...
            No other choice...

So sorry to hear what happened to you.
            Nurses on EB3 takes almost 2 years to get here... depending upon which state they will be working (that is where we base the service center to file their petition)

You just have to be patient and wait... you are lucky though since there are only a few PTs being sponsored from outside right now...

Good luck

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed