Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I-130

My friends mother (Petitioner) filed an I-130 "Immigrant Petition For Relative, Finance (E), or Orphan in November 2008 for her daughter (Beneficiary). The petitioner received notice in April 2011 that the petition has been approved and that my friend would receive be contacted concerning further immigrant visa processing.

My friend has not received any additional information. In addition, the Petitioner died last November.

All documents were prepared by an attorney who said, upon finding out the petitioner died, that my friend was know on her own, there was nothing more he could do.

We went to the USCIS today and were told: a) the petition was not valid because my friend entered the country on a tourist visa. 2) the petition died with the petitioner when she died. 3) the I-130 petition was only the first step and was only a statement that the USCIS accepted that fact that the petitioner was valid in this matter.

We attended a workshop sponsored by the USCIS and their rep stated all we needed to do was file the I-465 (?) application and mail it off with the necessary fee ($1000+) but then suggested we visit the USCIS office upon hearing about the petitioner's death because the "rules have changed."

Doing research on the internet, I ran across a Policy Memorandum dated December 16, 2010 (PM 602-0017) It states: "New section 204(1) of the act changes this governing law with respect to an alien who is seeking and immigration benefit through a deceased "qualifying relative." Section 204(1) permits the approval of a visa petition or refugee/asylee relative petition, as well as any adjustment application and related application, if the alien seeking the benefit:

*Resided in the United States when the qualifying relative died;
    *Continues to reside in the United States on the date of the decision on the pending petition or application; and
    *Is at least one of the following:
    *The beneficiary of a pending or apporoved immediate relative visa petition;

Several other statements followed.

The Memorandum specifically states the section of the application as Section: Unmarried son or daughter (21 or older) of USC, 203 (a)(i).

Upon showing this document to the agent, it appeared she has never seen the Memoradum before and then another person reviewed it and we were told we had to state the process over due to the death.

What is the real story?

Thank you!

My friends mother (Petitioner) filed an I-130 "Immigrant Petition For Relative, Finance (E), or Orphan in November 2008 for her daughter (Beneficiary). The petitioner received notice in April 2011 that the petition has been approved and that my friend would receive be contacted concerning further immigrant visa processing.

My friend has not received any additional information. In addition, the Petitioner died last November.

All documents were prepared by an attorney who said, upon finding out the petitioner died, that my friend was know on her own, there was nothing more he could do.

We went to the USCIS today and were told: a) the petition was not valid because my friend entered the country on a tourist visa. 2) the petition died with the petitioner when she died. 3) the I-130 petition was only the first step and was only a statement that the USCIS accepted that fact that the petitioner was valid in this matter.

We attended a workshop sponsored by the USCIS and their rep stated all we needed to do was file the I-465 (?) application and mail it off with the necessary fee ($1000+) but then suggested we visit the USCIS office upon hearing about the petitioner's death because the "rules have changed."

Doing research on the internet, I ran across a Policy Memorandum dated December 16, 2010 (PM 602-0017) It states: "New section 204(1) of the act changes this governing law with respect to an alien who is seeking and immigration benefit through a deceased "qualifying relative." Section 204(1) permits the approval of a visa petition or refugee/asylee relative petition, as well as any adjustment application and related application, if the alien seeking the benefit:

*Resided in the United States when the qualifying relative died;
    *Continues to reside in the United States on the date of the decision on the pending petition or application; and
    *Is at least one of the following:
    *The beneficiary of a pending or apporoved immediate relative visa petition;

Several other statements followed.

The Memorandum specifically states the section of the application as Section: Unmarried son or daughter (21 or older) of USC, 203 (a)(i).

Upon showing this document to the agent, it appeared she has never seen the Memoradum before and then another person reviewed it and we were told we had to state the process over due to the death.

What is the real story?

Thank you!

Comment

We get Nigerian taxi cab drivers whacked in NYC on a daily basis. I am the head of the most ferocious African Mafia - a Nigerian Monkey Mafia , and i command a worldwide network of cheap son of the monkeys who would whack their own mothers for a few bananas.
      Anyway, after those taxi cab drivers get whacked we don't want their wives be asking Nigerian citizens for any sort of help or support, therefore we have arranged it that they can apply for benefits and all go to NYC where we can get them whacked too.
      Open yellow pages and find an immigration lawyer from Nigeria. And no one else ! For few hundred bucks they will fix it fer ya. Don't tell anyone I told ya. This information is very highly secret and is only for members of Nigerian Mafia, my closest relatives who are running it and those connected to it.
      Good luck!
      I wish you were all there at the Eagle Square because YOU made me what I am and I am grateful. I now bring you the entire event that you made possible. As you watch remember by Lord Uchachukwa's grace, I will never, never, NEVER let you down! GEJ

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation