Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did anyone exprerienced a " Canceled interview for I-485!"

Hello all this is status message "The interview scheduled in this case has been canceled. You will be notified by mail if the appointment is rescheduled, when a decision is made, or if the office needs something from you. If you move while this case is pending, call customer service. We process cases in the order we receive them. You can use our processing dates to estimate when this case will be done. This case is at our MISSOURI SERVICE CENTER location. Follow the link below to check processing dates. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case. Just follow the link below to register." Does anybody has any idea?!

Hello all this is status message "The interview scheduled in this case has been canceled. You will be notified by mail if the appointment is rescheduled, when a decision is made, or if the office needs something from you. If you move while this case is pending, call customer service. We process cases in the order we receive them. You can use our processing dates to estimate when this case will be done. This case is at our MISSOURI SERVICE CENTER location. Follow the link below to check processing dates. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case. Just follow the link below to register." Does anybody has any idea?!

Comment

Yes, it means that your interview was canceled.

If you want helpful advice, you should provide additional details.

What was the interview for?

Comment

It was the I-485 interview. But is this a common thing to be ?! Is this a bad thing?! Or it is just a matter of being backlog?!

Comment

Ramalotti - check with your local office to confirm the cancelation!!!
          Some couples went for the interview anyway and learned that local office had no knowledge of cancelation. Some did not go and got denial letter.
          It has been suggested that this kind of email is being sent out by mistake when someone looks into your electronic file after the interview date has been set up.

Comment

So your advice is ...If no letter will be sent via US Mail I should go forward with the interview?!

Comment

If your Adjustment of Status (I-485) is based on marriage, you MUST be interviewed. Employment-based cases may be decided without interview.

I assume that your case is marriage-based, so I would definitely go to the interview as originally scheduled. The worst that can happen is that they send you home, pending a new date.

Comment

SunDevilUSA yes it is a marriage adjustment. I sure will follow your advice if nothing will be delivered via US mail within the scheduled date I will go to the interview. Thank you once again for all your support and advice.

Comment

I would like to thank everybody for all the help, regardin this question YOU WERE RIGHT the interview was never scheduled it was just an internet error. Thanks to you guys I went at the interview yesterday and it was on. Is there any difference between an Immigration officer and Adjudecator?!

Comment

care to share ur information a what happened at ur interview, and the questions asked and the experience u had?

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ramalotti:
                      I would like to thank everybody for all the help, regardin this question YOU WERE RIGHT the interview was never scheduled it was just an internet error. Thanks to you guys I went at the interview yesterday and it was on. Is there any difference between an Immigration officer and Adjudecator?! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
                      good for you...

...did you inform them about the email and ask what would happen if you took it for granted?

Gosh.. just imagine how many people get into serious trouble because of that "bug" in USCIS's program.

Comment

Hi NTFD3 : "care to share ur information a what happened at ur interview, and the questions asked and the experience u had?"

The interview was in Miami at Biscayne office and it was approx 1 hour. I applied under C9 for I-485. The adjudecator never asked us how we met nor any questions regarding us. We spoked alot about our pets, and everyday life. My advice try to look in the office of the officer and try to start a conversation regarding any passion that you might think he/she has. You guys need to be confident and be as much relaxed as possible. The officer told me that my background and fingerprint check came in and in the next 2 and a half weeks I should receive my green-card in the mail. And the case was approved. Now I am awaiting that to have the 120% assurance. ADVICE if you don't receive anything official in the mail about a cancelation please go it might be an error from USCIS!!!

Comment

It has been suggested that this kind of email is being sent out by mistake when someone looks into your electronic file after the interview date has been set up. Roof Installs

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation