X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• marmaduk
    replied
    The first case is a violation and of the law, hence the persecution of said offenders. It doesn't prove that US Armed forces allowed illegals to join (otherwise, why is the recruiter being persecuted?).

As for the 2nd case (The Boston Globe article you quoted), here's a link to it:
    Boston Globe Article

Now, where does it stated that:
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">
    the armed forces, already struggling to meet recruiting goals, are considering expanding the number of noncitizens in the ranks -- not only to legal immigrants but also to illegal ones, </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
    Why are you blatantly changing the article to suit your need?? Or is that a common practice for you?

As for the article from the Center for Immigration Studies, it clearly stated that:
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">
    The military welcomes enlistment of non-citizens; more than 37,000 lawful permanent residents (green-card holders) serve in the military, where they account for about three percent of active-duty personnel </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The non-citizens currently serving in the armed forces are lawful permanent resident, not illegals as you have claimed before.

So iveess27, what other proof do you want to present? Or you rather stop this nonsense now before getting caught red-handed again?

Leave a comment:

• ivees27
    replied
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by marmaduk:
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ivees27:
    We will let you in our Armed Services but you can't drive, you can't pay taxes, you can't have any rights but you can die trying to make us more money!!! Stop b****ing at the illegals for a minute and aim it at the government who has created the problem. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

ivees27, do show where does it stated that US Armed forces will let illegals sign up for service. Or are you simply talking nonsense ?? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Here's a few things i've seen:

Marines: Looking for a Few Good Aliens?
    Recruiter on trial for selling IDs to enlist illegals
    by Douglas Gillison
    This week, a general court martial is to begin at Parris Island, South Carolina, for a U.S. Marine recruiter accused of selling and delivering counterfeit documents to illegal aliens in order for them to join the service.

and...By Bryan Bender, Globe Staff December 26, 2006

WASHINGTON -- The armed forces, already struggling to meet recruiting goals, are considering expanding the number of noncitizens in the ranks -- not only to legal immigrants but also to illegal ones, including disputed proposals to open recruiting stations overseas and putting more immigrants on a faster track to US citizenship if they volunteer -- according to Pentagon officials.

Also, "The military welcomes enlistment of non-citizens; more than 37,000 lawful permanent residents (green-card holders) serve in the military, where they account for about three percent of active-duty personnel, all young men living in the U.S. (even illegal aliens) are required to register for the draft, and if we again face a huge national emergency like WWII or the Civil War that requires the mobilization of millions of soldiers, then all will, and should, be inducted. But in the volunteer military we have now, where so many standards have been raised, there's no practical reason citizenship shouldn't be required of recruits "” and every reason in principle that only those who have made a permanent commitment to America should be permitted to serve. ( Center for Immigration Studies)

Leave a comment:

• marmaduk
    replied
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ivees27:
    We will let you in our Armed Services but you can't drive, you can't pay taxes, you can't have any rights but you can die trying to make us more money!!! Stop b****ing at the illegals for a minute and aim it at the government who has created the problem. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

ivees27, do show where does it stated that US Armed forces will let illegals sign up for service. Or are you simply talking nonsense ??

Leave a comment:

• marmaduk
    replied
    cicino, your congressman can issue congressional inquiry in which USCIS has to respond. USCIS can tell them what exactly is holding up the process , but they can also give stonewalling answer such as following due process, etc.
    In theory, it should not give your case any preferences over other similar case, but there have been plenty of positive experience once the congressional liaison got involved. As with everything else, nothing is guaranteed, but really, you have nothing to lose.

If this fails as well and USCIS continue to be uncooperative, I would strongly recommend filing for writ of mandamus. I would not want to be the USCIS attorney that'll have to justify to a federal judge on why someone that has been serving our armed forces for the last seven years should be subjected to such treatment.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    ivees27 head is so far up his/her behind, you can hear the ocean!
    Illegal aliens want to blame others for their irresponsibility and lack of respect for US laws....but anyone with an IQ above 85 (which eliminates ivees27 and others) knows that is pure bs.
    I challenged you before, moron, by asking you to tell us (Americans) where 5,000,000,000 people would live and work if we followed your idiotic views on immigration and let everyone come here instantly, without waiting...sorry $hithead, but immigrating to the US is not a right, not a human right, not any kind of right and it's just too bad if everyone can't live and work in America...but my same challenge is still on the table....show us all how deeply supportive you are of illegal aliens....drop by the nearest 7-11 some morning and pick up a dozen or so illegals, take them to your house, feed and clothe them, let them use your car, your daughter, anything and everything you own and cherish....come on now ....be brave....show us that you are not just another hypocritical dufus who spouts words, but won't support them......that's what I thought ....you are just a pathetic loser.

Leave a comment:

• ciccino
    replied
    The congressman office asked me for a letter from my Command about the naturalization issue ,also for deployment purposes.They say they need a letter from the CEO,I am only going to involve my immediate officer.That you know,
    can they expedite the process in any way or what are they going to do?

Leave a comment:

• marmaduk
    replied
    It'll fall under their area of service, but I have no experience with CIS Ombudsman.

Leave a comment:

• ciccino
    replied
    thanks for the advice.I have already contacted the senator and hopefully I will have results.
    Also,I heard that the DHS ombudsman could eventually help.Do you know anything about it?

Leave a comment:

• marmaduk
    replied
    IIRC, LPR won't qualified for officer status, is that what you're faced with right now?

Your congressman will be your best bet to investigate the matter further (especially since JAG aren't very helpful). Failure to do so, there's always the writ of mandamus to force USCIS's hand.

Leave a comment:

• ciccino
    replied
    Gentlemen
    with all due respect you did not understand the point: I came LEGALLY in this Country and I am still a Legal Resident that is serving this Nation.As required,I am just trying to acquire citizenship and obviously some bureocratic issues seem to prevail over my honorable service.If anyone could be of any help with some useful adivice?

Leave a comment:

• ivees27
    replied
    This has been what i have been trying to say all along...I defend the illegals only because our government is full of retards and money hungry corruption. The government is the problem, people come illegally because they know they will get no where with the US government, they have to wait 13-22 years to be allowed legally, it's unrealistic. We will let you in our Armed Services but you can't drive, you can't pay taxes, you can't have any rights but you can die trying to make us more money!!! Stop b****ing at the illegals for a minute and aim it at the government who has created the problem. We reelected (well i didn't vote for him) a president that had known ties to the terrorists who bombed us and possibly had something to do with the bombing and now we want to whine about how he is not protecting our country, stop pointing the finger at people who are just working to take care of the families and trying to have a better life and point the finger at these back stabbing government officials we have elected to kill us and rob us blind.

www.myfreeusa.com

Leave a comment:

• SICKOFILLEGALS
    replied
    Dear Readers: our Armed Forces take these illegals to "serve" and I ask you, where else in the world a country allows illegals in their armed forces? And is this possible? an illegal "serving" the interests of our country? Mind you, they have access to our technology, weapons we use, they are aware of everything. Have we all gone mad???? Time to write to your representatives and stop this b.s.

Leave a comment:

• Theone
    replied
    PR's can join, not a problem.

But there are positions which are Sensitive/Classified that require Citizenship. I do not know which are and which are not.

Leave a comment:

• ciccino
    replied
    Ok...I have taken the exam before and there has never been an issue...Now that someone has been made aware of my situation they are NOW deciding to take this route...Plus we have folks in the military currently serving without a citizenship.

Leave a comment:

• Theone
    replied
    Some jobs require Citizenship, so most likely Yes.

Leave a comment:

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation