X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AP and I-94 expiration date

Hi
    I have a question regarding the expiration date of the I-94 after travel with AP.

What is the significance and/or impact of the <paroled till date> that the officer at the POE puts on the AP and the I-94 form?

My dilemma is as follows:
    As far as I understand the INA, an adjustee with a pending I-485 is in authorized stay until the I-485(marriage based AOS) is either approved, denied or abandoned. Therefore, the <paroled till date> is insubstantial.
    On the other hand, any non-citizen is only allowed to stay in the US until the date specified on the I-94. Therefore, if I do not leave the US by the <paroled till date> I am unlawfully present.

This begs the question: What happens if I stay longer than the <paroled till date> on the I-94?

Should I just ignore the expiration date of the I-94? I applied for another year of AP. But does this mean I HAVE to travel on my new AP before my I-94 expires just to get a new I-94?

Any thoughts, experiences and info most appreciated.

Marcaurel

Hi
    I have a question regarding the expiration date of the I-94 after travel with AP.

What is the significance and/or impact of the &lt;paroled till date&gt; that the officer at the POE puts on the AP and the I-94 form?

My dilemma is as follows:
    As far as I understand the INA, an adjustee with a pending I-485 is in authorized stay until the I-485(marriage based AOS) is either approved, denied or abandoned. Therefore, the &lt;paroled till date&gt; is insubstantial.
    On the other hand, any non-citizen is only allowed to stay in the US until the date specified on the I-94. Therefore, if I do not leave the US by the &lt;paroled till date&gt; I am unlawfully present.

This begs the question: What happens if I stay longer than the &lt;paroled till date&gt; on the I-94?

Should I just ignore the expiration date of the I-94? I applied for another year of AP. But does this mean I HAVE to travel on my new AP before my I-94 expires just to get a new I-94?

Any thoughts, experiences and info most appreciated.

Marcaurel

Comment

If you've a pending I-485, just disregard the date on the I-94 and AP. Those date only matters if you intend to use the AP again to enter the US. You need a valid AP when re-entering USA.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation