Which is the best country to live?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by OldE:
    This clown is a bad man but I always use his advises to my advantage. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

What's bad about Davdah??? We have so many other evils who dwell on this forum and you pick on Davdah? He tries to help people here, while the other trolls sign on only to put down Muslims, Obama, immigrants, etc. All I can think is you must be a Democrat.

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ProudUSC:
      <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by OldE:
      This clown is a bad man but I always use his advises to my advantage. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

What's bad about Davdah??? We have so many other evils who dwell on this forum and you pick on Davdah? He tries to help people here, while the other trolls sign on only to put down Muslims, Obama, immigrants, etc. All I can think is you must be a Democrat. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

What do you contribute on this site !!! You have no qualification !!! You are a traitor !!! You have betrayed US of A and the oath you have taken to protect my country !!! You sympathize with terrorists and moslems; You are an enemy of US of A !!!

Comment

Funny!

As far as mass media, they have an agenda to make money - and that's it, so I don't trust any of them to deliver reliable information. You need to read several sources to gather enough to form your own opinion.

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SonofMicheal:
          <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ProudUSC:

What's bad about Davdah??? We have so many other evils who dwell on this forum and you pick on Davdah? He tries to help people here, while the other trolls sign on only to put down Muslims, Obama, immigrants, etc. All I can think is you must be a Democrat. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

What do you contribute on this site !!! You have no qualification !!! You are a traitor !!! You have betrayed US of A and the oath you have taken to protect my country !!! You sympathize with terrorists and moslems; You are an enemy of US of A !!! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'll turn this question back to you. What do you contribute and do you know what a POS is?

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">As far as mass media, they have an agenda to make money - and that's it, so I don't trust any of them to deliver reliable information. You need to read several sources to gather enough to form your own opinion. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That unfortunately is quite true here. That's where an impartial non-profit motive news company or corporation really excels such as the BBC. I'll go there to find out the real story behind the issues they report on here. Kinda sad really that the USA doesn't have an equivalent to it. Maybe NPR counts?

The thought that Clear Channel owns something like 80% of all the local radio stations in this country is scary. If they decide to make an editorial stand on an issue, all their stations must toe the line.
            "What you see in the photograph isn't what you saw at the time. The real skill of photography is organized visual lying."

Comment

The BBC is a lot less biased than 99% of all the US news network and cable channels for sure!

The beginning of the 2003 Iraq war was better covered from ALL angles by the BBC than any of the US news companies. It was the only thing I could watch. They showed things that the US never picked up on such as what was happening to the other side. Here it was all gun-ho "lets go get 'em boys" stuff. Shock and awe. Faux was especially bad But that didn't matter because they were the enemy and we were the good guys with God on our side They daren't show the effects of our bombs and missiles because it would have been unpatriotic. Ergo the real news was censored.
              "What you see in the photograph isn't what you saw at the time. The real skill of photography is organized visual lying."

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Brit4064:
                The BBC is a lot less biased than 99% of all the US news network and cable channels for sure!

The beginning of the 2003 Iraq war was better covered from ALL angles by the BBC than any of the US news companies. It was the only thing I could watch. They showed things that the US never picked up on such as what was happening to the other side. Here it was all gun-ho "lets go get 'em boys" stuff. Shock and awe. Faux was especially bad But that didn't matter because they were the enemy and we were the good guys with God on our side They daren't show the effects of our bombs and missiles because it would have been unpatriotic. Ergo the real news was censored. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
                That is your opinion, but I am really laughting.

Unbias literally means the news organization is reporting what I politically believe and bias means they are reporting what I personally do not believe politically.

This is the same news organization that "canceled" an Iraq War hero movie as "being too positive. Oh boy what a concept.
                "Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence." John Adams on Defense of the boston Massacre

Comment

During the Cold War years, the BBC World Service was often listened to by those in Russia and the Eastern block countries because it was the only other news source the authorities allowed because of it's unbiased reputation. These days I'm guessing it's listened to either with official sanction or not by those in Iran and North Korea for the same reasons.

Somehow I don't see Faux News being allowed in those countries LOL

Talking of Faux...

Fox News False Ad of Washington Tea Party Coverage: Propaganda Machine

Fox News took out a full page false ad in the Washington Post Friday and showed themselves to be the propagandistic Right-wing props that most true journalists and objective observers have known them to be for quite some time. And that is not an opinion. When passing off the news with a Fox News False Ad of Washington Tea Party Coverage: Propaganda Machine decided right-leaning slant, when every pundit and talk show host on the network twists the news into their distorted view of reality, it is no longer "fair and balanced" news provided for the viewers and listeners. When the pundits take and use the same information, they are no longer just spinning -- they are disseminating and propagating propaganda. The Washington Post false ad that Fox News bought and presented for the Post's readers stated that they "covered all the news" and that "ABC, CBS, NBC, MSNBC, and CNN" all missed the story of the Washington Tea Party last Saturday. But they didn't. They all covered it.

associatedcontent.com

Comment

It's bad enough having biased news coverage, now "they" want to re-write the Bible to fit their views. Of course God was a Republican LOL

Conservative Bible Project Cuts Out Liberal Passages

Lo and behold, the Bible has gotten too liberal, according to a group of conservatives. And it needs a little editing.

That's the inspiration behind the Conservative Bible Project, which seeks to take the text back to its supposed right-wing roots.

Yes, even scripture is not orthodox enough for the modern conservative. Not that it's the fault of the author(s), exactly. The group cites a few reasons why the Bible is too progressive: "Lack of precision in the original language ... lack of precision in modern language" and "translation bias in converting the original language to the modern one."

Huffingtonpost.com

There are enough different church versions of the Bible already. All this does is dilute the meaning of the Bible IMO.

Comment

So why are all you lazy welfare dependant immigrants not in Norway if it is so great?

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">It's called aiding and abetting. In a time of conflict the last thing a news organization should be doing is trying to tug at the heart strings of people by showing the impact on the enemy. That is borderline treasonous. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ah davdah, so predictable. I knew you'd say that. So a news agency should not report it then? Year after year, month in month out...forever? Just because the Government of the day say we're at war. Even if the war is going badly?

The first Gulf war was over in 3 days largely because it was well planned with an identified target and exit strategy and genuine multi-national support. It was heavily reported 24/7. CNN made their name using embedded journalists with the troops. Did what they report alter the course of war? Did it change public opinion against it? No because it was so short.

After 8yrs in Afghanistan it's beginning to look like defeat could well happen. Should they not report what is happening over there? Or give a false picture of it to bolster public support? Fact is a war fatigue effect is occurring and public support is dropping. To not report that IMO is bad for all.

Comment

I agree it would be the best outcome if it were dealt with quickly.

So why are we still fighting in Afghanistan 8yrs on? Because Bush decided to "bring the war to them" in Iraq and fight them there instead of here. Kinda dumb really because it split our forces between two wars in two different places. Aside the issue that Al Queda didn't exist in Iraq before 911 and Iraq had nothing to do with 911. So much for those brilliant military minds of Bush, Cheney, Rumsfeld and Walkowitz The architect's of disaster!

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Aside the issue that Al Queda didn't exist in Iraq </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

How do you know this, Brittie? Al Queda had cells in many countries at the time of 9/11. How do we know they weren't there?

Comment

Nevermind. I think you're talking about the 9/11 Panel's findings that there was no direct al queda connection with Iraq.

Comment

Yes Proudie, the 911 Commission found there was no direct Al Queda connection with Iraq.

Davdah, do you always believe what Government tells you? No you don't. You don't like Big Government but apparently quite quick to default in times of war. Even if the war was started on a lie?

It's true we may never know the real reason for war in Iraq but it's a pretty good guess the historians won't be kind to Bush and Cheney.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation