Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trying To Sponsor Husband

My british husband of 2 1/2 years over stayed his visitor visa by 180days and is currently under a 3 year ban. He left the states nov 2002, tried to re-enter july 2003 and was denied and given this ban. I am a us citizen, truly what do you think my chances are in getting him residency filing I-130 and I-129f life act?

My british husband of 2 1/2 years over stayed his visitor visa by 180days and is currently under a 3 year ban. He left the states nov 2002, tried to re-enter july 2003 and was denied and given this ban. I am a us citizen, truly what do you think my chances are in getting him residency filing I-130 and I-129f life act?

Comment

I think that since he now has a bar on is record there will have to be an I-601 waiver filed. He probably would be denied at his interview and told to file that. You might want to look at the threads here on the I-601 and what all it entails. Good luck.

Comment

When should we file the I-601? I haven't sent off the I-130 yet. And which of us need to file it? Any help is so appreciated

Comment

Another question...when does the ban start from the date he left the US or the date he tried to re-enter?

does it make it easier to wait until the three years are up?

Comment

when did he overstay his visitors visa by 180 days? assuming you married in 2001, I take it that it was before you married?

Comment

I think the ban starts from the date he departed USA... about 601 waiver ask mohan ... he knows a lot .... Good luck...Pasha

Comment

He overstayed after we were married. I lost my job and was unable to sponsor him nor send him back. And the fun part of all this was I actually made three phone calls to the INS asking what to do, if there was something we could file as to why he was still here and all they said was no and he has to go back. No one mentioned a ban or anything. I told INS how long he was overstayed with each phone call. They also messed up when he entered the country they stamped his passport for six months instead of three months. So that saved us from the 10 year ban.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation