•  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hudson
    replied
    Originally posted by HelpVictim:
    It appears though our legislatures are F***** DUMB. The VAWA Act clearly states that once a petitioner signs that, the DHS is not allowed to disclose about it to anyone. Not even the person against whom these fraudulent allegations are made.

So now where is our constitution to defend the accused. Under VAWA, you are guilty without having a chance to prove your self or provide counter evidence. USC are being burnt because of feminist rigged legal system and few A** H**** in DC who must have slept with the feminist movement organization and agreed to vote for the bill.

All rights of MEN are taken away and WOMEN are given a golden chance to screw MEN.
    First, a VAWA claim is not a criminal or civil case, it is an administrative case for an adjustmment of process. So, the 4th and 14th amendments do not apply here, generally.

But generally speaking on those who have been abused, the victim of a domestic violence situation have no one to turn to, and the law, from their point of view will not help them. A victim of domestic violence will have severe depression, suicidal tendencies, not trusting anyone, including family and friends, easily manipulated, guilty, remorseful, and other psychological problems. Thus, their right to privacy must be held at any cost. To question their intent will only intensify some, if not all, of their psychological vulnerability. If they know the one who they believe is committing the domestic violence can get to htem, they will live in fear and probably become psychotic. Whgat most counselors pray for is not to have someone make false claims or extremely exaggerate their predicament, such as the Duke La Cross incident with that fiasco set back domestic violence for ten years or more. That is why DV shelters tead very softly in these kinds of situation. I challenge any man to spend at least a month in a DV shelter observing the abuses that occur. It is an eye opening experience.

Leave a comment:

• max-one
    replied
    "I wonder how difficult it would be to review one of these cases and see the entire chain of evidence."

They do not want to spend the time and resources . That is why they set it up as a sham rubberstamp deal. They make it with enough difficulty to give value to immigration attorneys who know what to and what not to put into these petitions. Remember who was in office when the VAWA rules (1996) in regard to the INS was put into effect? Who was head of the Justice Department and Social services at that time? They were lawyers.

Leave a comment:

• max-one
    replied
    HelpVictim you are right again. I wonder why some of the people here keep reciting this "hard evidence" nonsense? Could they have some reason to want to believe this?

Leave a comment:

• sanjay2002
    replied
    hi guys..

Leave a comment:

• max-one
    replied
    I have read on Womens legal sites that NO evidence is needed except her written statement.

http://www.womenslaw.org/immigrantsV...llationcontent

"Evidence of battery or extreme cruelty (self-petitioner's declaration can be enough)"

I know some affidavits from sympathetic counsulors (the immigration attorneys know who they are and can direct their clients to them), psychologists and other officials can help for an approval. I had a immigration attorney tell me that all that is needed was a well written statement (she could help write this maybe?) and that's all it takes. She claims to have over 200 VAWA petitions approved and only 2 failures.

HelpVictim you are not alone.

Below is letter from an American woman I got about her father.

My father is a good man and did nothing but try to help this woman. He is such a good man that despite what she has done to him (and is still doing), he looks at it as "survival" and refers to her as a "survivalist." Although he is going through with the divorce and has no contact with her, he blames the law and organizations that support this behavior and feels it isn't the woman's fault for resorting to this method to get a better life in the U.S. I admire his empathy but certainly do not agree with him being so naive (that's what got him here in the first place!). Nonetheless, the larger issue is the laws that violate one's civil rights such as the orders of protection filed under false pretenses that are issued ex parte and a man (or woman) being stripped of their property, personal belongings, and the damage these things do to families when children are involved. Thank goodness there are no children involved (I am one of three daughters from his first marriage).

Basically, my father's wife has taken a complete turn around in her personality and we could not figure out why the strange behavior. I started doing research on the Internet and it was very clear she was trying to set my father up and appear as a victim of abuse. After doing research I discovered on the USCIS (United States Customs & Immigration Site) site that a woman (or man) can self petition under the Violence Against Women's Act (VAWA) for residency in the U.S. This is much more efficient than trying to do it the right way like my father did by paying thousands of dollars to an Immigration attorney only for her to be denied citizenship. I'm sure this was her only resort, as it appears the self-petitioning process as a battered spouse is basically free (funded by VAWA) and pretty much a guarantee for citizenship. There are lots of sites that walk a woman through the steps such as going to a shelter, which will provide the necessary resources. One of the next steps is to get an Order of Protection so that there is documentation (these are extremely easy for a woman to get and in Arizona an illegal immigrant must be issued one if requested or else the judge can be charged with discrimination of national origin).

Leave a comment:

• ProudUSC
    replied
    Click on url below to find the nearest field office to you, HelpVictim. Like many others already said, she'll need alot of evidence to prove she was abused, so I wouldn't worry too much about it.

http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/menuitem.eb1d4c2...CM10000048f3d6a1RCRD

Leave a comment:

• Hudson
    replied
    Originally posted by HelpVictim:
    Hudson - I appreciate all your comments. However, if you please notice my original post, it is not seeking any advice of the determination of fraud. Rather it is asking ways to reach an immigration office for an in person interview/meeting.
    See my PM

Leave a comment:

• SonofMichael
    replied
    Whats wrong with "wife burning"? As "Sis" says, they deserve it and should have known better. Didn't they see the signs? So they can't complain !!!

Leave a comment:

• Hudson
    replied
    Originally posted by davdah:
    Hudson, I did some reading on Indian culture. I can't say if the practice still occurs to the extent it used to. The idea of a dowry and so forth is probably out of date for India. They have become westernized so it may be more of an idealized look at the past. Much like the stay at home mom of the 50's here. Even it plays out as a disgruntled husband I can't fault him for not wanting to get nailed by the lopsided laws against him.
    It depends on which religion, if any, the person belongs to and how devout that individual is. also, the caste system is still dominant in certain aspects of society. Yes, India has beocme westernized, at least in Calcutta, Madras, Bombay, and other cities in Southern India. New Delhi is also westernized, but you still see the turbans, traditional garb, social epitaphs, etc. Even divorce has been liberalized. But "wife burning" and dowry abuse is also on the rise as well.

Leave a comment:

• SonofMichael
    replied
    I am on point; these are crucial questions !!! Did she smell like curry ; yes or no. I had Indian girlfriend who smelled liked curry. How can we be sure she was Indian? This is important to make a fraud determination !!!

Leave a comment:

• HelpVictim
    replied
    Originally posted by SonofMichael:
    Why won't you answer my question??? Did she smell like curry???

Are there any Indian les bians that fall in love with their sister without realizing it?
    Sir...lets keep this message boards to the point. Please.

Leave a comment:

• SonofMichael
    replied
    Why won't you answer my question??? Did she smell like curry???

Are there any Indian les bians that fall in love with their sister without realizing it?

Leave a comment:

• HelpVictim
    replied
    Hudson/davdah - I have sent you private message. I rather disclose some pertinent information via message then posting on the board.

Believe me, I have no jealousy or I am not being disgruntled. I do have evidence that once looked at it all of your opinions regarding me will settle down. I am a well-educated person and possess dual MBA. I am not that dumb to make any false accusation without any proof because if I make false accusation then the burden of proof relies on me to prove that accusation. So I am only stating the facts that I have evidence for.

Leave a comment:

• SonofMichael
    replied
    It sounds like you have done excellent researches and have done everything you can. As you see, you are fighting the Nazi feminist laws in our country which are rigged on the side of people committing fraud. I suggest you go to law school like I did and forget this t r a m p. You don't know when or how, but what goes around comes around ad someday this beyotch will get hers !! For now, peace and love dude; I am with you !

Leave a comment:

• 4now
    replied
    Hello Help Victim

Sorry to hear of your woes, but the following is not one of them based on info you gave.

But the other dilemma I have is that if divorce continues for a while and she gets to 3-year limit, then she can easily file for US Citizenship based on marriage (if divorce is overturned then I am married to her again) and I will not be able to revoke US Citizenship.

The lady is not eligible for citizenship based on 3yrs marriage. That date is based on a 3yrs timeframe from the date that the conditional green card was granted. And even still... Couple must be living together in marital bliss and showing evidences of such in order for citizenship to be granted/approved.

Now you state that you withdrew the petitions.. but in fact the petitions cannot be withdrawn by you, b/c an APPROVED petiton cannot be withdrawn by USCIS. This conditional card will expire in 2 years, and alien would file to remove conditions based on a waiver to obtain permanent resident card.

Once the divorce is settled/on-overturned... then USCIS will act and send a termination letter of the conditional residency. (Hence, why she is going after the VAWA for slam dunk.

Document in good format timeframes, evidences on why you think you marriage fraud victim. If you can prove she had boyfriend all along.. etc.
    It appears that you can prove that she committed fraud/lied to embassy to obtain visa. Specifically request that affidavit of support be cancelled.(not that USCIS will, but ask for it anyway to be on record.) Be sure to reference A# of her in the complaint. Make copy for yourself.. Send one to the Regional USCIS where her approved file was sent. and take one to Local Chigago Office... REQUEST to speak to ICE unit only. Then hand them the complaint.

Now you most likely will never hear from USCIS again. You will never hear about what happened to her etc. So dont expect to.

Good luck with the rest of your life, and dont let this bad experience ruin your mind for marriage. Just please be more careful in the future of women who lie.

Leave a comment:

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation