Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EAD through marriage to PR X marriage to US citizen

Does anybody know if there's any big difference in the timeline for an applicant to get his/her employment authorization approved when the spouse is a green card holder petitioner versus a US citizen petitioner?
    Appreciate your feedback.
    Happy Holidays!

Does anybody know if there's any big difference in the timeline for an applicant to get his/her employment authorization approved when the spouse is a green card holder petitioner versus a US citizen petitioner?
    Appreciate your feedback.
    Happy Holidays!

Comment

Unless you were admitted to America on a V-1 visa, I don't think that the spouse of Permanent Resident is able to get Employment Authorization.

Comment

Can anybody suggest a site where I can research about eligibility for EAD?
        Appreciate your help.
        Happy Holidays!

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mrs. lonely heart:
          Appreciate your help.
          Happy Holidays! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
          With an already approved Alien Relative petition (I130), when submitting the package to adjust status, even if a spouse of an LPR, the I765 should take no longer than 90 days to approve.

http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/menuitem.5af9bb9...CM10000045f3d6a1RCRD

Mrs Lonely heart,
          Don't you already have a green card? If so, no EAD is needed.
          The above is simply an opinion. Your mileage may vary. For immigration issues, please consult an immigration attorney.

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by sappyconifer:
            With an already approved Alien Relative petition (I130), when submitting the package to adjust status, even if a spouse of an LPR, the I765 should take no longer than 90 days to approve. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Correct.. I only want to point out that the package to adjust status can't be submitted before the PD is curent (in case where the petitioner is PR) - and that takes years.

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by sappyconifer:
              <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mrs. lonely heart:
              Appreciate your help.
              Happy Holidays! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
              With an already approved Alien Relative petition (I130), when submitting the package to adjust status, even if a spouse of an LPR, the I765 should take no longer than 90 days to approve.

http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/menuitem.5af9bb9...CM10000045f3d6a1RCRD

Mrs Lonely heart,
              Don't you already have a green card? If so, no EAD is needed. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thank you, Sappy and Aneri!
              Your feedback was of great help.

Sappyconiffer!
              Yes I already got my 10 year GC. I'm asking on behalf of a friend.I just wanted to confirm the information that an applicant can apply for EAD when adjusting his/her status.

God Bless You!
              Happy Holidays!

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs