Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

SA 4131. Mr. BINGAMAN submitted an amendment intended to be proposed by him to the bill S. 2611, to provide for comprehensive immigration reform and for other purposes; which was ordered to lie on the table; as follows:

On page 316, strike lines 1 through 5, and insert the following:

``(2) VISAS FOR SPOUSES AND CHILDREN.--

[Page: S4980] GPO's PDF ``(A) IN GENERAL.--Except as provided in subparagraph (B), immigrant visas issued on or after October 1, 2004, to spouses and children of employment-based immigrants shall not be counted against the numerical limitation set forth in paragraph (1).

``(B) NUMERICAL LIMITATION.--The total number of visas issued under paragraph (1)(A) and paragraph (2), excluding such visas issued to aliens pursuant to section 245B or section 245C of the Immigration and Nationality Act, may not exceed 650,000 during any fiscal year.

``(C) CONSTRUCTION.--Nothing in this paragraph may be construed to modify the requirement set out in 245B(a)(1)(I) or 245C(i)(2)(A) that prohibit an alien from receiving an adjustment of status to that of a legal permanent resident prior to the consideration of all applications filed under section 201, 202, or 203 before the date of enactment of section 245B and 245C.

I am not sure what it does though. Does it restrict the number of illegals that can get a guest work visa and then get Permanent residency or it restricts the TOTAL number of employment visas( like EB-1, EB-2, EB-3 and EB-4). If it does the second it will not be enough and backlogs will form right away. If it just restricts the number of green card to illegals that become permanent residents then I think it will be OK.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation