Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is it possbile to obtain Citizenship while pending Criminal Charge against me?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it possbile to obtain Citizenship while pending Criminal Charge against me?

I am a current legal permanent resident who has been charged with Domestic Violence in Illinois. Having been in the US over 10 years with no problems I would qualifyfor citizenship (I have a son born here who is a US citizen), but since I got arrested should I even try to apply?

I wish I had applied for citizenship much earlier and then I wouldnt have such severe problems on this charge.

I am a current legal permanent resident who has been charged with Domestic Violence in Illinois. Having been in the US over 10 years with no problems I would qualifyfor citizenship (I have a son born here who is a US citizen), but since I got arrested should I even try to apply?

I wish I had applied for citizenship much earlier and then I wouldnt have such severe problems on this charge.

Comment

You can file for your citizenship, go through the N-400, and other forms and see what questions they have. If they ask you about this case you have to be honest they will have a record. Just answer all question and see. before you mail.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation