X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One more thing coptic

i forgot to mention in my last advice.

You will have to file for a divorce if you havent already. this is a must for VAWA.

Comment

• <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by 4now:
      One more thing coptic

You will have to file for a divorce if you havent already. this is a must for VAWA. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hey 4now...
      Who has to file for divorce as a must for VAWA? the abusee (is that the right word) or the abuser? And does the marriage have to be terminated before consideration?

Comment

• he filed the VAWA allready like months ago

Comment

• divorce must not .
          you missed this information .
          I cannot divorce for my religions beliefs .

Comment

• the u.s citizen spouse

Comment

• divorce is important when the applicant has temporary green card and apply for waiver

Comment

• hi mike , how are you?

Comment

• iam good man how r u

Comment

• I am fine . i wish you had a good dreams ,

Comment

• lol ...i went to sleep at 7 in the morning yesterday ...that was really bad,,gatta go to the shower now,,,talk to u later tonight,,take care

Comment

• <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by klinus:
                        <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by 4now:
                        One more thing coptic

You will have to file for a divorce if you havent already. this is a must for VAWA. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hey 4now...
                        Who has to file for divorce as a must for VAWA? the abusee (is that the right word) or the abuser? And does the marriage have to be terminated before consideration? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

no marriage does not have to be terminated for consideration. the divorce just should be filed.. doesnt matter who filed.

If you think about.. you can understand the concept right. makes sense.

Comment

• I-360 spousal abuse , you may still live with the abusive spouse .
                          please go back and read the instruction www.uscis.gov

Comment

• <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mike_2007:
                            he filed the VAWA allready like months ago </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I am completely aware of his filing months ago. His application is not approved yet. This subject will come up.

Coptic

yes I missed this information about you not being able to divorce. which one of the many threads was that noted in.. show me and i will take a look.

Comment

• Divorce or other legal termination of the marriage tothe abuser after the self-petition is properly filed with USCIS <span class="ev_code_RED">will not be the sole basis for denial or revocation of anapproved self-petition.</span> <span class="ev_code_BLUE">If you remarry before you become a lawful permanent resident, however, your self-petition will be denied or the approval revoked.</span>

When I say to you divorce is a must. I am meaning that there are cetain things that will help guarantee your approval. In your case:

filed for divorce

has documenttion from Psychologist/Medical doctor

Medications for depression
                              Police reports/calls
                              Pictures of abuse.

It will not be the sole basis. do you understand the weight of that statement? You are expected to get out of the abusive relationship because that is what you are complaining about to self petition.

and yes there are petioners that still live with and file for the VAWA. But do you think uscis will accept them staying in what they claim is a horrible abusive situation that is making them self petion? ?? Now you expect uscis to give greencard just becuase usc doesnt want to take responsibility? The greencard is for the benefit of the usc spouse. NOT YOU.

this is the premise of the conditional greencard. If the marriage did not work out in a short period of time.. then there is no reason for you to really be here. the marriage did not work out. this is why so many waivers after divorce to not get approved. Return to your home to make a life if it wasnt really for the greencard. this is the uscis mentatlity for these short term marriages.

this is exactly why the VAWA program is getting reviewed and maybe put on hold. It has been abused and not really being monitored for abuses.

As you can see.. if a person remarries. then they are no longer eligible to self petition for adjustment with good reasoning.

Comment

• <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by coptic dentist:
                                divorce is important when the applicant has temporary green card and apply for waiver </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It is not just important. it is Mandatory that the divorce is granted with a final decree signed by a judge in order to file a 751 waiver based on good faith marriage.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation