Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

M-1 student with denial notice for EAD/I-765/I-539 out of status since when?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• M-1 student with denial notice for EAD/I-765/I-539 out of status since when?

My M-1 visa expired on Aug 31st 2003 and I applied for EAD/Work permit through I-765 and I-539 which was finally denied on May 10,2004

The reason given was that the new SEVIS forms were not sent.

The school had been approved by the INS between 2001-2003 during the entire programme but have yet to get approval for SEVIS system from 2003 onwards.

From what date will I be considered out of status?

From the date of the denial notice or from the date of expiry of my I-94/M-1 visa?

If the out of status phase starts from the date of expiry of student visa then what is the student expected to do after completion of studies and after he/she has sent in the application for work permit thereafter ?

The INS takes a long time to answer the application.

Is one expected to leave the country and then await the approval or disapproval in his/her own country?
    Born Free
    Living Free
    Forever Free

My M-1 visa expired on Aug 31st 2003 and I applied for EAD/Work permit through I-765 and I-539 which was finally denied on May 10,2004

The reason given was that the new SEVIS forms were not sent.

The school had been approved by the INS between 2001-2003 during the entire programme but have yet to get approval for SEVIS system from 2003 onwards.

From what date will I be considered out of status?

From the date of the denial notice or from the date of expiry of my I-94/M-1 visa?

If the out of status phase starts from the date of expiry of student visa then what is the student expected to do after completion of studies and after he/she has sent in the application for work permit thereafter ?

The INS takes a long time to answer the application.

Is one expected to leave the country and then await the approval or disapproval in his/her own country?
    Born Free
    Living Free
    Forever Free

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources