Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is it Possible To Get Fingerprinted in NYC Without an Appointment?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it Possible To Get Fingerprinted in NYC Without an Appointment?

I finally received the notice for my fingerprints renewal, I called the 1-800-misinformation line and was told that fingerprints apppointment are not availble in NYC at this time, and to call at a later date for a spot in August!!!!!!

Is it possible to go early in the morning to an Application Support Center and be fingerprinted without an appointment?

I finally received the notice for my fingerprints renewal, I called the 1-800-misinformation line and was told that fingerprints apppointment are not availble in NYC at this time, and to call at a later date for a spot in August!!!!!!

Is it possible to go early in the morning to an Application Support Center and be fingerprinted without an appointment?

Comment

Hi Kalla,
      How are things with you? I was fingerprinted for FBI background check by INS on Jan 16 2004.Looks like your fingerprints expired too. So how do I request them to take my prints again? Do I call the 1-800 # for a letter for request of new prints? Or do I just wait till they send me a notice for new prints? Any thoughts. Please suggest. I really appreciate it. Thank you. (I have no idea why fingerprints expire in 15 months after all they are so unique and it is not like they change you know what I mean?) Money again I guess
      Raju

Ps I will be travelling to India on AP in Aug so I really hope I can take care of this one before I leave the US. I live in Philly.

Comment

Hello Kalla.

Man, you should say that you have been brave. I cannot believe USCIS is still dragging its feet on your case.

I heartly wish the best of luck.

Never give up and never lose your temper under no circumstances. In a situation like this one, they are waiting for you to do a sinlge mistake so that they can deny you.
        When you go for the finger print or the interview, stay foccused on your goal. If they tell you something, it does not matter how absurd it might seem, stay focused dont loose control. At this point, I can imagine that a little absurdity will upset you and that exactly what they might be waiting for.

Something that might help, try to get someone to hear you at the local office. Find someone you can get access to, approach the person with friendly manner and explain humbly your situation. Dont blame USCIS when you explain your situation since that might make the person go away. Sometime, you have to have someone in the system to pull the strings for you. I believe you are in such a situation.

Good luck.

Comment

Isn't FP already scheduled by USCIS on a certain time and stated in the notice? If not, you can check what time the local office has an open hour and try to have your fp done at that time. You can also try INFOPASS to schedule an appointment.

Comment

Hey Kalla,

What's up man...what's going on with your case

I got fingerprinted for my third EAD last wed and the card is on the way now....i filed renewal EAD online in april...after 2 months without anything, i called the 1800 and they scheduled me for the next day..

I expect to have a letter for my second fingerprint soon....my aos interview is the end of aug

i'm on the other board so i haven't watched your posts often

Comment

Same old! waiting to get a slot to get fingerprinted! I deliberatelly did not renew my EAD!!! I don't care anymore! I should be fingerprinted sometimes in August.

Comment

this ****s man....really

i'm sorry to hear your fingerprint got mixed up....that explains the long wait...

On the other board, i heard stories of people got the real GC in the mail shortly after the interview..so maybe INS speeds up the process.

just wait for your turn to get FP again, and ye shall receive

Comment

Kalla,
                  Finally got my interview on 8/29. Everything is clear and in order except the old FP expired. Wish i could make an appt myself to take the FP again so i got the stamp there.

Well, got the letter from my interviewer to go take the FP again today....

Now, i'll sit and pray

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed