Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

i have a friend who is illegal and married to military man..any advice?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i have a friend who is illegal and married to military man..any advice?

i have a friend who is illegal and she is married to someone in the service...is there any possibility that she can obtain citizenship? will her husband get in trouble if he sponsors her?...any advice or suggestion would be appreciated please....thank you.

i have a friend who is illegal and she is married to someone in the service...is there any possibility that she can obtain citizenship? will her husband get in trouble if he sponsors her?...any advice or suggestion would be appreciated please....thank you.

Comment

someone 12 who knows better the laws than any immigration attorney in this country, graduated from Harvard may help you on this question.

Comment

well, inspector called it right,....no, she cannot get citizenship just because she married some dufus,
        He may well be in trouble, depending on what kind of lies he has told the military about his civil status, etc.
        Sorry, didn't graduate from Harvard, but I know about 6000% more about immigration law than inspector (though I appreciate his/her referring this problem)

Comment

illegal like overstay, or like entered without inspection?

Comment

It depends if she came EWI Entry Without Inspection or if she came with a visa and overstayed. First of all she can't get her citizenship automatically just because she is married to a us citizen. Lets assume that she came with a visa they will have to apply for that i130/i485 to adjust her status in the US this process is usually taking less than a year it depends which Service Center is processing her applications. After this process is done then she is going to be able to get her Conditional if married less than 2yrs or the Permanent Resident card if married 2+yrs b4 the interview. If she came illegally it will be more complicated since there's a 3 bar is she was here illegally less than 180 or 10yr if was more than that. She will have to go for consular processing in order to apply for the i601 waiver which takes 6-8months to get approve then she will be able to come to the US legally and get her Permanent Resident Card. Its a little bit complicated and the best thing is to do more research on her situation. And no he will not get in trouble for marrying/sponsoring her since they are free to marry whoever they want. Hopes it gives you an idea.......

Comment

actually he can get in deep kimshee if he marries her for $$$ just to help her get a GC...it's called a sham marriage and is quite common amongst servicepeople, who get tempted by cash to marry some lowlife illegal alien.

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by aneri:
                illegal like overstay, or like entered without inspection? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

illegal like overstay...and they are married for love not money...it's legit marriage.

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Someone12:
                  actually he can get in deep kimshee if he marries her for $$$ just to help her get a GC...it's called a sham marriage and is quite common amongst servicepeople, who get tempted by cash to marry some lowlife illegal alien. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
                  it's a legit marriage...they've been together for over 4 yrs and married about a year. I just wanted to see what i can do to advise them of there situation...she doesn't want him to get in trouble since he is in the service..

Comment

thanks GIGI85...she overstayed and they've been together over 4 yrs and married abuot a yr...she is just worried for her husband's sake..didn't want to take the risk of getting him in trouble...so ru saying that they should go on with the processing..should they get an attorney that specializes in military matters?

Comment

Hey Maximo24, just ignore his comments they are coming out of a person who does not say something constructive or helpful to anybody regardless of their immigration status, you know people who vent out their frustration on others blaming them for their unhappiness.
                      I don't think your friend will have any problem since he enter the marriage in good faith not fraudulently. Why don't you check out this link that way you could have an idea what the process looks like http://www.uscis.gov/graphics/howdoi/legpermres.htm there some people on this forum who are married to people in the military and it seems that they do the same process as everybody else in order to adjust status. If they want they could hire a lawyer that way he could process the paper work for them correctly but their case is not that complicated as others. Good luck to your friends

Comment

wow, won't I sleep better tonight when I realize that the Great and All Knowing (or is that Blowing?) GIGI85 says everything will be hunkee -doree....as if this idiot has a single clue!!!
                        Sad fact: military folks get taken in by two-faced illegals who just want a green card, no matter what Mr. Expert on Immigration GIGI85 (I think the '85' refers to his/her IQ, multiplied by 2) thinks.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation