Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need advice from sphyrapicus3,Aguila,Pasha,Josie Joe, Katycab,Johndoe,or anyone else

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need advice from sphyrapicus3,Aguila,Pasha,Josie Joe, Katycab,Johndoe,or anyone else

I see the above are the most and best contributors to this NG, and I need help.

Am a US citizen for about 1 year after marrying US spouse and living with her for 4+ years. Unfortunately, we divorced few months ago.

If I want to marry someone from UK through DCF or get K visa for them since am USC, will the fact that I got citizenship from the first marriage be a problem?

What should I do now to start preparing for questions from USCIS when I file paperwork to try and bring the new alien?

Or should I wait for many years after becoming USC before I can petition for an alien?

I appreciate your help.

Why are you asking those idiots? I am the expert; you must wait 5 years or prove beyond a doubt that the first marriage was bonafide you fraudster !

Comment

Hey KatiKati,

You can call or write to michael the expert free of charge:

Michael Schmitt, (516) 486-0978, 556 Washington Ave, West Hempstead, NY 11552

But beware, he doesn't have an answering machine!

Comment

Do not ask those idiots; super moderator Michael gives the best advice.

Comment

Katikati, Good day.

Don't worry about this frustrated Micheal (Depo-Girl), and I don't think you need to wait 5 years. There is nothing in the law says that.

Good luck.

Comment

if your marriage was bonafide you wont have a problem. for pete's sake, this is the country where MORE than 50% marriages end in divorce!

Comment

Taco: Who is Pete?

Comment

katikati,
                you don't have to wait on anything. You are a USC and you can marry anyone you want. Just make sure that it is a true marriage because if it isn't, the INS WILL know.

Comment

If you are an LPR and obtained status through marriage to a US citizen, you may not petition for a spouse unless:

5 years have elapsed since you obtained LPR status and the time you marry your new spouse;

You can prove beyond a shadow of a doubt that the marriage was not entered for the purpose of circumventing immigration law; or

Your USC spouse died.

This does not apply once you obtain US citizenship.
                  *Thanks Aguila*

Comment

OLDMAN:

KatiKati is now a USC so that is out of question she could petition, should she remain as an LPR then what you described would apply but since she has naturalized it no longer does.

Comment

Hi KatiKati,

I don't think it should matter anymore as you are a USC now... but they can definitely check the validity of first marriage, if it was genuine...u got nothing to worry about ... good luck...Pasha

Comment

FRAUDSTER ALERT!!!!!

Fraudulent grint got citizenship through marriage to innocent USC. This scamster wants to marry her boyfriend and bring him here. Get out !

Comment

And there's nothing you can do to stop her from doing so DepoMan. Enjoy that rising blood pressure

Comment

Fraudster; it will catch up to you one day ! Get out now !!

Comment

I LOVE to see Depo Man suffer in rage. Hope your suffering out of jealousy for immigrants never ceases!

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation