Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Delay in I-90 renewal

hello everyone, I'm new at this and I need help since I cannot get any from INS Customer Service.

Background: my sister has lived in the US since migrating to Florida over 22 years ago. She's in college and work for a county juvenile justice department. few years ago, her co-worker of at a clothing store significantly discounted her purchased items and they both my sister was arrested and charged with petty theft, misdemeanor. her permanent resident card was due to expire in November of 2006.
    Fact: 1) she filed for I-90 renewal in October 2006. 2) she recieved a receipt confirmation on 11/06 from INS stating that her file was being processed in the state of MO Service Center. 3) She's not received any request for missing documents or any new updates other than her file is still in MO Service Center for processing. 4) both our brother and aunt, who filed in 11/06 for their I-90 renewal were processed and renewed by the end of 12/06 and my sister is still waiting for a response.
    I fear INS is deliberately waiting for the 6 month period to end to call my sister in for deportation proceeding. I'm not sure if I'm getting ahead of myself, but that's how I feel. Any guidance or advice would be much appreciated.

hello everyone, I'm new at this and I need help since I cannot get any from INS Customer Service.

Background: my sister has lived in the US since migrating to Florida over 22 years ago. She's in college and work for a county juvenile justice department. few years ago, her co-worker of at a clothing store significantly discounted her purchased items and they both my sister was arrested and charged with petty theft, misdemeanor. her permanent resident card was due to expire in November of 2006.
    Fact: 1) she filed for I-90 renewal in October 2006. 2) she recieved a receipt confirmation on 11/06 from INS stating that her file was being processed in the state of MO Service Center. 3) She's not received any request for missing documents or any new updates other than her file is still in MO Service Center for processing. 4) both our brother and aunt, who filed in 11/06 for their I-90 renewal were processed and renewed by the end of 12/06 and my sister is still waiting for a response.
    I fear INS is deliberately waiting for the 6 month period to end to call my sister in for deportation proceeding. I'm not sure if I'm getting ahead of myself, but that's how I feel. Any guidance or advice would be much appreciated.

Comment

for one petty theft, she wont be put in deportation. Did she efile? or she sent it by mail to the MO center? besides some fingerprints appts are taking so long, sometimes due to the fact ppl send the app to the wrong center, wrong PO box and this delay the process.

Comment

Thanks for replying. I so hope you are right. In answer: my sister mailed her application to the address listed in the application package; it was a California street address. It's just strange that the processing of her application has taken this long; my other family members' applications were mailed to the same locations and they received their within weeks.

Comment

lakreme:

so actually your sister had her green card for how many yrs when she was charged with petty theft? Im asking this, because I read something very important.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation