Need clarification on filing I-751 before final divorce. Please HELP

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My divorce was finalized 8 days after they receive the application, my I750 got denied. I also file a reopen motion after I got the notice which the divorce date is finalized, but got dismissed too.

Alyssanfisa, were you able to get your application done? please advice.

Andy
    Andy@andyyew.com

Comment

AndyYew, I have not seen Alyssanfisa here since this posting back in July last year, not sure if she will read this, in case you are waiting for a response.

There are other threads similar to this you may find some answers or advice if no one replies here

All the best
      -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      God Bless America - God Bless Immigrants - God Bless Poor Misguided Souls Too

National Domestic Violence Hotline:
      1.800.799.SAFE (7233) 1.800.787.

Comment

Hi Andy,

When I sent in my application last year in July, I treated it as if I was divorced already and provided all the paperwork up to the point of the final divorce. In the cover letter, I also explained that the court is taking its time and there is nothing I can do and I will mail in my final divorce as soon as I get this. Once I did ( I think in September), I requested a copy from the court (I live in NYC and my divorce was in Oregon, so it was somewhat difficult) and once I got it I sent it in saying that is additional documentation. Everything was in order, no other requests and I got my green card in February of this year. I wonder if it was because you didn't have OTHER sufficient documentation. If you are more specific I could help out more because believe me I know how painful of a process that had been for me.

P.S. sprint_girl07 - keep the faith I am here if anyone needs help.

Comment

Alyssa,

hey girl, congrats..I have not been here in a long time and I just saw this old post being as new...so i figured lets look.

You got your greencard,finally.

But I kinda miss,that you did not thank me here personally.
          Reading what you done and sent,are all the stuff and advices I gave you.
          So where is my thank you kiss? ? ? ;-) haha

Anyway, congrats sweetie!!!

Comment

Hey HBKHBK,
            Yes, you are right, I should have thanked you personally and maybe even sent you flowers. LOL Just kidding but yeah seriously, thank you. This forum was a great support when I really needed. It was such a stressful time. Thanks!

A

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed