Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to Prove "Exceptional and Extremely Unusual" Hardship?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The key word here is "extreme". What is extreme? What's extreme for one may not be as extreme for another.

Comment

Courts have ruled and thus gave an ample explanation of what an 'extreme hardship' is as compared to 'exceptional and extremely unusual' one.

In case of OP, her husband would only need to prove EH to USC (Not EEUH) , and be processed through consulate in Mexico.

Comment

AF, it still doesn't answer the question what "extreme" is. It's discretionary upon the immigration court.

Comment

If you spend some time reading Court cases and rulings of Judges you will certainly get an idea what the agreed upon definition of 'extreme' is in the context of 'hardship'.

Comment

hi prof....!!! I emailed u a month ago to inform you of what happened with my fiance...do you remember me? Well, guess what...hes here, safely out, thank god....thanks for all your advise.

Comment

All illegal husbands and boyfriends should be first grounded and then fed to dogs !

An alien becoming a dog **** in person as a result of being grounded and fed to dogs is in fact enduring the kind of hardship that would qualify it as an exceptional and extremely unusual hardship !

Comment

Engaged...

Sorry.... I was out of the US for a long time, World Cup in Germany and Wimbledon in London. So, I am now getting back to the board to see who needs help.

Please send me an email and let me know how your fiance is doing. I am glad he is out. Plz.... tell him to stay out of trouble cause he is just out of some sticky situation.

For your info, a friend of mine told me that his friend got arrested two weeks ago for smoking pot and he was here on an F1 student visa, and stopped going to school. So, he was told that instead of going to jail for a long time he is going to be deported for good. The immigration officers at the criminal court told him he is permanently barred from entering the US. This was his second offense, he broke someone's else door last Janauary,so he is gone. So, your fiance must consider himself very very fortunate.

Send me an email and fill me in on what your plans are.... good to hear I could help.

Comment

You know, it does sound harder sometimes. We are in such a confusion that we don't either to legally finish this out. You see, my husband's brother is really ill. He needs a kidney and since my husband wants to save his life, we tested for a match. Results came back last night, he is a match. So just let me ask all the "Confused" in this world, would you give your flesh to save another? And for your response, Someone12, you really need to sit down and pray for your sins. You don't really know how it is to actually have someone love you and be cared about, do you? It is a lovely thing, one day, you will understand. Don't let Satan overtake your personal skills you have. Lift your self above and love everyone. You may need an "illegal alien" one day, and you will repent. I know that God is only going to give what we can handle.

On the other hand, I think we have alot of proof, after reading alot of cases, to fight our case. I really feel that we may have enough to show. Although, since he is the bigger Breadmaker in this household (letter to verify by employer) as a Plumber with our Business License, and we have paid taxes with his Federal Taxpayer's ID number since we recieved one back in the 90's. This should show his stability as a law biding person. Also, with the TB rate in Veracruz Mexico as high rate as it is, I would be very concerned on the health of my children if I would relocate them to his hometown.
                  YOu know, my brother is *** too, and believe me, I do pray for him. Not to change him, but just for him to be happy, so I see in Prof. Explaining was using Examples, since the Government is very easy to judge, call names and hide behind escape goats.

I do thank all of you! I have been researching more after work hours, trying to find any good websites for these cases. Any good Website places I can research past USCIS cases such as these? Blessings.

Comment

I don't believe in satan, and I don't believe you "know" what god or any other diety is thinking...that sort of "knowledge" only demonstrates arrogance. If such a supreme being existed, how the eff would you, a mere mortal, "know" whatever that diety is thinking? If god or any other supreme being (shoot, even satan for that matter) wanted your irresponsible illegal alien spouse to have a green card, one would appear on your coffee table instantly....but I doubt that has happened.
                    And no, I will never ever "need" an illegal. I am happily married to an American citizen.
                    Satan has no control over my life since he/she/it doesn't exist.
                    Of course, you will start spouting more dogma from the bible or some other dubious source claiming that satan is alive and well and living in Nebraska.....that sort of "thinking" further shows how braindead you are.

Comment

So much hostility, so little time.

Comment

Only addressed to Someone12:
                        You know Someone12 The best thing for you to do is to keep your little minded small remarks out of my question in the first place. As for the other hand, you don't really need to signing on the ILW website with so much hostility to the Illegal alien. And irresponsible is a vocabulary word you must hear alot, since you show a really good example of such. I encourage your OPINIONS and negative comments to just get out of my discussion to begin with, I didnt ask for your input nor want it. You really need to count your blessings, someone, becuase as fast as you have now, God can surely take away. You may be very happily married to whomever, although I really wonder how happy with that hositilty and hate in your comments.

Addressed to the other helpers/advisors willing to give guidance:
                        If any other helpers can address me to great websites to research past cases, please send.
                        And please help encourage folks that are unwilling to help; not make comments which are communist and racial. Lets give Glory to God and Rule Satan out of this Message Board Please?

God Bless your helping others.

Comment

I don't believe in satan, and I don't believe you "know" what god or any other diety is thinking...that sort of "knowledge" only demonstrates arrogance. If such a supreme being existed, how the eff would you, a mere mortal, "know" whatever that diety is thinking? If god or any other supreme being (shoot, even satan for that matter) wanted your irresponsible illegal alien spouse to have a green card, one would appear on your coffee table instantly....but I doubt that has happened.
                          And no, I will never ever "need" an illegal. I am happily married to an American citizen.
                          Satan has no control over my life since he/she/it doesn't exist.
                          Of course, you will start spouting more dogma from the bible or some other dubious source claiming that satan is alive and well and living in Nebraska.....that sort of "thinking" further shows how braindead you are.

Comment

To OP:

I think you overlooked this:

Posted August 03, 2006 11:24 AM

Why you all are writing tons of unrelated **** under this thread?

First of, my question to OP:

Why are you asking how to prove an 'exceptional and extremely unusual hardship?

In case of your husband, if he is an EWI he would only need to prove an 'Extreme Hardship' to you, his USC spouse , file a waiver in Mexico and wait there while waiver is processed (may take 6 to 18 months) and if successful , he may come back here with immigrant visa and re-unite with you.

It would be a lot worse if you were LPR with USC children and wanted your simple visa-overstay husband or boyfriend to stay with you.
                            Then you would have to file for 'Cancellation of Removal' (assuming he was here for more than 10 years )- and it is THEN that you would have to show 'exceptional and extremely unusual hardship to USC relatives(kids)' for him to be allowed to AOS and stay with you legally.

Don't despair !
                            Altough your husband is EWI and in removal proceedings, still things will be relatively easy for you - because you are USC.

Just follow the steps and get him back here through consular processing in Mexico (under existing law there is NO WAY you can file AOS for him here, but he MUST return and go through consular processing).

Good luck,

IE

P.S. There is an immigrate2us.net website where a lot of people who went through
                            EWI/I-601 waiver post.

Goodle for relevant Court cases.
                            It's fairly easy.

Good luck,

IE

Comment

Thank you so much.. Anti.

Comment

A74...

One lesson on this discussion board is to ignore Someone12 and u will be helped.

Someone12 claim that he doesn't believe in Satan is absurb. In this world, there are two kingdoms... GOD & SATAN. You have to accept Christ as a Lord and Savior, and renouce your past associations with Satan. Someone12 lies a lot, which happens to be a trait of Satan, so Satan is his father. Christ told the maltitudes that they were of their father, the Devil himself.

So, people who claim they are children of GOD are misinformed and lost in the jargon of religion, because you only become his child when u accept JC. However,we are all creations of GOD, but not all of us are his children. The bible is explicit on this matter.

A74...have u accepted JC as a Lord and Savior?
                                Yes... it is a noble cause to save someone through an organ, but I ope illegals are not going to be harvested by people for orga

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation