Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• need advice about husband...

hello. my husband entered this county legally 30 years ago w/ his parents. (i'm a us citizen, we've been married for 3 years). he filed for status adjustment and waited years only to turn 18 and have to start again. long story short, he never got his green card, his visa expired and his drivers license will expire in 6 weeks. we've been duped by immigration atty's twice and will file ourselves on Monday. My question is: how can he renew his license w/ an expired Visa while we wait for the application to be processed? any other advice would be greatly appreciated. thank you.

hello. my husband entered this county legally 30 years ago w/ his parents. (i'm a us citizen, we've been married for 3 years). he filed for status adjustment and waited years only to turn 18 and have to start again. long story short, he never got his green card, his visa expired and his drivers license will expire in 6 weeks. we've been duped by immigration atty's twice and will file ourselves on Monday. My question is: how can he renew his license w/ an expired Visa while we wait for the application to be processed? any other advice would be greatly appreciated. thank you.

Comment

check with DMV in your state. In some states, SSN and Employment authorisation document (based on a new application for adjustment of status) have been enough to get DL.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation