X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Katycab
    replied
    I know that there are checkpoints on route 10. I know the Sierra Blanca (I think that is the name) is the big one- I think it is for the east bound traffic. There are checkoints on I-10 in NM as well. I agree that you should stick to 40. In my mind i seem to remember a NM checkpoint on 40, but that isn't allowed, I think, because it is not within 100 miles of hte border, and the complete disregard of Fourth Amendment rights against unreasonable seizure is not supposed to exist outside the border zone. Well at least before the Patriot Act.

I would Google for checkpoints. I think some speed trap sights list the immigration checkpoints too. And stay well North of the border.

Leave a comment:

• broughamnj
    replied
    Hi Spouse

Thank you,the best,clearest reply ever.All i want it to know.

Leave a comment:

• Fresh Taco
    replied
    she's getting better. a slight improvement was noticed in the bj industry where maria is a rising star.

Leave a comment:

• Josie Jo
    replied
    F.T., how do You know that?

Was she any good?

Leave a comment:

• Fresh Taco
    replied
    Josie, she received a 15 cent/bj increase since last year. She has a bit more time this year.

Leave a comment:

• Josie Jo
    replied
    Maria, I can't believe you find time to post.

Let's do the math. You made $50 K last year.

That's 10,000 blow jobs at $5 a whack.

With one day off a week, that averages 4 an hour in an 8 hour day.

Sounds about RIGHT, doesn't it?

Leave a comment:

• Spouse
    replied
    Hi. The roads leaving from El Paso heading north tend to have checkpoints. The ones heading south do not... so you could easily drive into El Paso, but have to pass a checkpoint on your way back...

We just drove through one at the beginning of September, and they didn't even stop us (or anyone else that we could see for that matter). When I have been stopped at the checkpoint (on I-25) they basically look at the people in the car and ask for driver's license... nothing more.

But, of course there is always a risk involved. I am guessing that they would pay less attention if you are white and have a driver's license, but an accent might warrant closer scrutiny, I am not sure!

If you are overstaying, you are considered unlawfully present and would have problems if stopped by immigration. Thus, I would have to agree with| Glühbirne, that if you can avoid the area you probably should.

Best of luck with your legalization process.

Leave a comment:

• Angie
    replied
    Yeah,

You'll see that Maria can't keep her naive and stupid mouth shut!! Ignorance radiates from her posts as she assumes all immigrants are from Mexico!

Leave a comment:

• broughamnj
    replied
    Hi Maria!

I don`t know who is naiv and stupid,but i`m from europe anyway,not from mexico.

Leave a comment:

• Glühbirne
    replied
    You probably will have trouble if you're out of status. That close to the border is no place to be for an illegal alien. I would go north if I were you. Northern California or Northern Nevada are nice. They are far enough from the border, but there are still enough foreigners around that you wouldn't stick out like a sore thumb.

Leave a comment:

• Maria
    replied
    "i`m just started the employer based sponsorship program"

Your attorney tries to fool you - you are an idiot. You will NEVER get a green card through employment if you are out of status. You must maintain your status in US during your employment based sponsorship.

You will get deported and your lawyer will be happy that he fooled you and you paid him high attorney fees.

Sorry.

This funny how naïve and stupid those people from Mexico are.

Leave a comment:

• Josie Jo
    replied
    I saw something on the news yesterday about biometrics on the Mexican border having caught a lot of criminals, but I can't find any reference to it on the internet.

Leave a comment:

• broughamnj
    replied
    Hi all!

In fact,i travel a lot to NJ to NM,and i`m a little bit nervous about the checkpoints around ELP.I`v been here almost two years,and i`m overstayed.A couple of months ago i`m just started the employer based sponsoration program,but it still pending.My Question is what they lookink for around ELP,who is legal and who is illegal for their perspect?I only have an application copy,and a receipt from Department of labor.Do i have a trouble if they checking me?Thank you

Leave a comment:

• Checkpoints all around El Paso,someone give me the right answer

Hi all!

In fact,i travel a lot to NJ to NM,and i`m a little bit nervous about the checkpoints around ELP.I`v been here almost two years,and i`m overstayed.A couple of months ago i`m just started the employer based sponsoration program,but it still pending.My Question is what they lookink for around ELP,who is legal and who is illegal for their perspect?I only have an application copy,and a receipt from Department of labor.Do i have a trouble if they checking me?Thank you
Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation

Attorney2Attorney