•  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AOS interviewed today

Here it is briefly:
    1. Labor certification approved in 01/03
    2. Applied I-140, I-485 & I-765 in Feb 03.
    3. Went for special registration and got NTA. because i did 'nt have the receipts from VT service CTR.
    4. Finally got the receipts in March 03 and THANK GOD that NTA 's date was 2 days after the rcvd dates of I-140 and I-485. So finally the removal proceedings got Administratively Closed in May 03.
    5. Got first finger printing done in May of 03.
    6. I-140 got approved in Feb 04.
    7. I-485 case got transferred to Hartford CT in August.
    8. 2nd fingerprintings done in 12/15/04 and the very next day rcvd an interview call for 1/12/05.

Went today, it was OK not bad. He saw,
    1. Past 4 years Tax forms, past 4 weeks pay stubs, current job letter, see the valid EAD, driver 's license and valid passport. He did 'nt have any result of the recent finger printings so i showed him the copies i had. I was, sometimes, better than my lawyer in responding to INS officer 's questions. He was little confused about the the timing of NTA and applying all the forms. He asked about the medical too (which was done) ... at the end he said that need new photos (because in the forms the photos were 2 years old). He gave a yellow form to my attorney and informed him that my back ground check is not here yet so its gonna be a little while before they stamp my passport. The attorney filled out that form and gave it back to INS officer.
    I was happy that no problem occured during interview (eventhough it was scary in the begining) but kinda disappointed that passport did 'nt get stamped. Attorney is saying that its all about luck that when you get you security cleared. He is saying it could be 3 weeks to 4 months. He said that he will be notified and then he will let me know and then i can take that form and get my passport stamped.

Anyone, any idea that how long would it take? How do they work?? I mean they took finger prints back in 03 and then in 04 and now i still gotta wait for background secirity check.

Thank you
    Yousaf

GOD DOES LISTEN.

Here it is briefly:
    1. Labor certification approved in 01/03
    2. Applied I-140, I-485 & I-765 in Feb 03.
    3. Went for special registration and got NTA. because i did 'nt have the receipts from VT service CTR.
    4. Finally got the receipts in March 03 and THANK GOD that NTA 's date was 2 days after the rcvd dates of I-140 and I-485. So finally the removal proceedings got Administratively Closed in May 03.
    5. Got first finger printing done in May of 03.
    6. I-140 got approved in Feb 04.
    7. I-485 case got transferred to Hartford CT in August.
    8. 2nd fingerprintings done in 12/15/04 and the very next day rcvd an interview call for 1/12/05.

Went today, it was OK not bad. He saw,
    1. Past 4 years Tax forms, past 4 weeks pay stubs, current job letter, see the valid EAD, driver 's license and valid passport. He did 'nt have any result of the recent finger printings so i showed him the copies i had. I was, sometimes, better than my lawyer in responding to INS officer 's questions. He was little confused about the the timing of NTA and applying all the forms. He asked about the medical too (which was done) ... at the end he said that need new photos (because in the forms the photos were 2 years old). He gave a yellow form to my attorney and informed him that my back ground check is not here yet so its gonna be a little while before they stamp my passport. The attorney filled out that form and gave it back to INS officer.
    I was happy that no problem occured during interview (eventhough it was scary in the begining) but kinda disappointed that passport did 'nt get stamped. Attorney is saying that its all about luck that when you get you security cleared. He is saying it could be 3 weeks to 4 months. He said that he will be notified and then he will let me know and then i can take that form and get my passport stamped.

Anyone, any idea that how long would it take? How do they work?? I mean they took finger prints back in 03 and then in 04 and now i still gotta wait for background secirity check.

Thank you
    Yousaf

GOD DOES LISTEN.

Comment

Congratulations on the 'successful' interview...

As far as to how long it will take - that is hard to say... Some people wait FOREVER for their background checks to come back... And sometimes, those background checks are simply lost. Read some of the posts here and you will see it is a common complaint...

ARQU

Comment

Yousaf? What kind of name is that? Sounds like a terrorist to me; they should have arrested you and deported you !

Comment

Thanks very much ARQU ... could you tell me where can i find those posts or some like them ... i tried but can 't find any ...

thank you again

Comment

They are here in this forum... Try searching (Find) for "Background Security Check'...

ARQU

Comment

Hi ARQU,

You think talking to my congress person would do anything regarding my background check?

Since they have approved my case already and taken picts and prints for Green card, what can i possible do to get my passport stamped sooner??? Attorney is telling me to just wait, but i like to know your opinion about if i have any options.

Thanks

Comment

Congrats Yousaf Rauf!! Great feeling to have one more part of immigration overwith isn't it. All the best to you.....now celebrate!

Comment

Congrats, you have cross all the huddles. just wait, and it should not take more then six months.
                  Good luck.

Comment

Nursee & FSN, thanks but i feel that i am still standing on the same ground where i was b4 the interview!!! I still cannot leave US, I can 't even plan (any date) to visit my country, i still can 't sponsor my wife, cannot terminate the removal proceeding (which were administratively closed on 6/03) unless my passport is stamped.
                    The only good thing is, no more interview.

I have seen in one of the forum about the ph # for FBI, located in west virginia. That they are very efficient and processing (currently) usually takes about 4-6 weeks, once the fingerprints are taken. Mine was taken on December 15th.
                    You think its worth calling them and finding out.

Comment

Congrat: this is really good news. Hope you gona get good news soon.
                      God is geat

Comment

So i did call FBI today ... was very quick ... she was pleasant but fast ... she asked last name and A # ... she said that your fingerprints are checked and sent back to INS on 15th of December 2004. I did 'nt getta chance to tell her that that was my fingerprints day and not first thing in the morning but 2 PM.

Anyone, any idea who to call now.
                        Thanks

Comment

Hello did you get any reply from the CIS? Could you give me the number for the FBI that you called. I am having the same question. Thanks.

Comment

To check on fbi fp check status, call 304-625-5590

Comment

great news, i'm still awaiting the aproval of my aos.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation