X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Importing Car to US

Hi all,

Moving to US on TN visa from Canada. I've researched importing our car so I know about the EPA requirements and paperwork req'd. However, everything I read says "shipper/carrier". I was wondering if I am allowed to just drive my car over with me when I apply for my TD visa at the border (i.e., not use a shipper/broker)?

We've moved to the US before but the company paid for everything so the car was shipped off. This time we're moving on our own and the estimated cost is $1700 to ship the car - too rich for our blood.

The plan is my SO will head down first on his TN visa, I'll wrap things up here, drive down with the car and apply for my TD visa, and then we'll both drive down all our contents in a Uhaul a couple of weeks later. Anyone see any snags in this?

Thx for any insights.

cheers,

Hi all,

Moving to US on TN visa from Canada. I've researched importing our car so I know about the EPA requirements and paperwork req'd. However, everything I read says "shipper/carrier". I was wondering if I am allowed to just drive my car over with me when I apply for my TD visa at the border (i.e., not use a shipper/broker)?

We've moved to the US before but the company paid for everything so the car was shipped off. This time we're moving on our own and the estimated cost is $1700 to ship the car - too rich for our blood.

The plan is my SO will head down first on his TN visa, I'll wrap things up here, drive down with the car and apply for my TD visa, and then we'll both drive down all our contents in a Uhaul a couple of weeks later. Anyone see any snags in this?

Thx for any insights.

cheers,

Comment

It's up to you wheteher you ship it or drive it, as long as you have proof of ownership.
      The rest is irrelevant.

Hope this answers your question.

Comment

Thx a mint for the info/reply, RationalE.

Much appreciated!

Comment

But whatever you do, think twice before buying that "new car smell" spray... I'm not sure but some folks are now saying that it contains a chemical that may cause serious health problems! lol

Comment

You're welcome, it was easy q.

Comment

If it's audi you're going to need this https://update-navi.today/

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board