No announcement yet.

got married

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • got married

    i got married today what do i do now?

  • #2
    i got married today what do i do now?


    • #3
      Go frolic with your spouse.


      • #4
        Congrats! If you've got an immigration issue you might want to state what it is.


        • #5
          i was i don't have any documents i came in on b-2 when i was 13 and overstayed and i'm 19 now. I just got married and i want to know what is the next step in getting legal


          • #6
            My question is who the h-e-l-l posts on an immigration web site at 11:25 pm and 12:39 am on the night of their wedding???

            It sure makes the situation suspicious in my eyes.


            • #7
              I know what I would be doing at that time of the night! Legal issues would be the last thing on my mind. However, this board has global access, so it could be that the OP had to take a breather in the middle of the wee hours of the morning or needed to while away recovery time, and thought ILW was a good idea

              Mind you, for a 19 yr old, you'd think insufficient "stamina" would be more of a pressing concern!


              • #8
                Consummate! Take "key" put in "keyhole."
                Formerly Josephine Schmo


                • #9
                  yes i married usc and i did post in the morning...we both have to go to work at 5 am
                  we just gota house so we can't afford honey moon


                  • #10
                    Not house key, "mouse" key.
                    Formerly Josephine Schmo


                    • #11
                      Well, the OP said in his first post that he "got married today". Given that the time when he posted that was 11:25pm EST. If he took a breather in the wee hours of the morning then that would mean he was married the day before.

                      So, if the OP posted in the morning, he should not have said that he was married "today". Unless, of course, he was married some time between midnight and when he went to work at 5am!


                      • #12
                        tsk tsk ya'll shouldn't someone be telling them about the I-485?


                        • #13
                          For someone who is an illegal? I won't be commenting on that aspect of his situation.


                          • #14
                            Did the mouse get in the hole yet?


                            Family-Based Applications

                            Immediate Relatives

                            If you are the immediate relative (spouse, parent or unmarried child under 21 years old) of a U.S. citizen, submit the following forms:

                            I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status

                            G-325A, Biographic Information
                            Either your original I-130, Petition for Alien Relative (if you are filing concurrently), or a copy of your I-797, Notice of Action (if the petition was already approved).

                            I-864, Affidavit of Support

                            I-693, Medical Examination of Aliens Seeking Adjustment of Status

                            All required supporting documentation as listed on the above forms.

                            You may download a package of all of these forms in PDF format.

                            You may also submit the following forms:

                            G-28, Notice of Entry of Appearance as Attorney or Representative (if you have a lawyer)

                            I-765, Application for Employment Authorization, if you want to work while your application is processed

                            I-131, Application for Travel Document, if you need to travel outside the United States while your application is processed

                            I-485 Supplement A, and penalty fee if applicable. See 8 CFR 245.10
                            I-601, Application for Waiver of Grounds of Excludability, if applicable
                            Special Instruction:

                            The I-485 in this case may be filed at the same time as the visa petition (I-130) which is filed by the U.S. citizen or lawful permanent resident. See your local office "About Us" page for any special local instructions including any local forms needed to apply for permanent residence.

                            Where to File:
                            Your local USCIS Office (except if you are in the Baltimore District - then file at the Vermont Service Center.) NOTE: Some offices accept Form I-485 only by mail. Please check with your local USCIS Office for local filing procedures.

                            Formerly Josephine Schmo


                            • #15
                              OK, this fella needs help, So, here goes. I believe the first step is to file the I-130 (Petition for Alien Relative).

                              Here's the form:

                              Just a word to the wise. If you didn't "get busy" last night, then better plan to go to bed early and do it tonight! The condition which permits you to file this petition is that the marriage has been consummated.


                              Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

                              Home Page

                              Immigration Daily


                              Processing times

                              Immigration forms

                              Discussion board



                              Twitter feed

                              Immigrant Nation


                              CLE Workshops

                              Immigration books

                              Advertise on ILW



                              About ILW.COM

                              Connect to us



                              Immigration Daily