• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IRS

Does the IRS report to INS?

Does the IRS report to INS?

Comment

Not on an everyday basis, but yes they can share information if needed.
      The above is simply an opinion. Your mileage may vary. For immigration issues, please consult an immigration attorney.

Comment

Are you an immigration attorney?

Comment

What happened to the Privacy Act of 1978? If IRS reports to INS, then majority of the working class in this country would be deported?

Comment

There is a vast difference between reporting to and sharing.
            The above is simply an opinion. Your mileage may vary. For immigration issues, please consult an immigration attorney.

Comment

Didn't I say reporting? And you did respond that they don't report on a day-to-day basis, implying that your answer is, "Yes," they do report.
              So, which law office do you practice at?

Comment

Actually, I said they can share information if needed, but not on an everyday basis.

Comment

Thanks Clinton...If this is the case, as you mentioned, this person really makes this site have lack of credibility. I hope that there is a way that this could be monitored in the future.

Comment

Irrelevant to my question, but thank you for answering anyways!

Comment

Clinton, I don't believe we have met, so I find it hard to understand how you would know who I am or what I am.

Lovestruck, I wouldn't take everything at face value, here. Is your question related to filing taxes?

Comment

Only 7 months?

Comment

lovestruck, why do you like to know if IRS report to INS?

Comment

With the annual saving from data sharing and GAO recommendation, it won't be long. Both agencies have agreed to a pilot study.

Comment

lovestruck, most of the people trying to help people on this site are not attorneys. If you want an attorney opinion then perhaps another site might suit you best. You will get a lot of good advice here from people who seem to have a real variety of backgrounds and they answer questions based on their own experience and/or from doing a lot of reading. As far as expecting this site to be monitored, that is humorous. "Not on an everyday basis, but yes they can share information if needed" is pretty clear.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation