Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Son was seriously injured by Illegal drunk driver

My son was involved in a car accident by a drunk illegal driver. Prior to this accident the illegal was stopped several times by police and released. He was found at that time to have no license, insurance, resgistration and was cited for other violations.

Why was this person allowed to continue driving so that he can later hurt my son? why isnt someone accountable for this illegal still being able to drive?

My son was involved in a car accident by a drunk illegal driver. Prior to this accident the illegal was stopped several times by police and released. He was found at that time to have no license, insurance, resgistration and was cited for other violations.

Why was this person allowed to continue driving so that he can later hurt my son? why isnt someone accountable for this illegal still being able to drive?

Comment

Simple, because there's nothing that prevent anyone (illegal or not) to drive a car without a license, once they have chose to ignore the law. Off course they'll pay the penalty when they're caught.

Comment

The police are not immigration officers and in most cases cannot enforce immigration matters.

Sorry about your son. Sorry the guy who killed him was an illegal alien. It could have been any dirt bag that killed him, though........it didn't happen simply because the guy was an illegal alien.
        Have a nice day

Comment

I should also mention that a passenger was killed in the accident. I am just frustrated that here was an individual who completely disregarded motor vehicle laws, was apprehended several times and was left to continue on this pattern of behavior until someone else got killed and hurt. Why is this acceptable?

Comment

The fact that he is illegal prevents the victim from collecting damages. That is why it is important as it relates to immigration.

Comment

Yes, Michael, I agree with you about victims not being able to collect compensation for damages.
              And there are only two ways to eliminate this problem:

a) Deport ALL Illegal Aliens present in US , est.12 mln.

or

b) Allow ALL drivers to get a DL and Insurance, legally.

Simply scapegoating illegals and blaming them for all the Evils on planet Earth won't solve a problem.

Comment

"Why is this acceptable?"

It's not acceptable, but that question is better directed toward the law enforcement officials and your local congressman. They're the one that make and uphold the law. Place enough liability on them and they'll have no choice but to respond.

Comment

actually the fact that he was uninsured and without assests prevents the victim from collecting.

The victim would have the same situation if an elderly person who was underinsured or uninsured hit them.

I know it happended to someone I know.

Comment

Dear Cut & Paste (aka IE)....giving drivers' licenses to illegals won't make these sleaze***** responsible adults on the spot....very few would go out and buy auto insurance...so, deport every one of them and make our highways, schools and hospitals safer for the citizens (and taxpayers) of the US of A.

Comment

"giving drivers' licenses to illegals ..very few would go out and buy auto insurance..."

I think that's the valid point. Just like the taxes matter. Illegals are paying taxes because their employer withhold it from their paycheque, and now they're filing for ITIN in droves to get those money back. Want to bet the percentage of those paid with cash, that actually file tax return and pay taxes?

Of course, in this instance it makes no difference whether this drunkards is illegal or not. I just hope they nailed him good with at least 2nd degree homicide.

Comment

thanks for your responses..just an update..Drunk driver is in jail pending 2nd degree Murder charges. He had no job, no assets, and a history of troubles with the law. From a preventive point of view, why wasn't this guy dealt with ealier. Did we have to wait until he killed someone? If an illegal breaks the law and is stopped several times without drivers license, registration, insurance..why is he allowed to stay here?

Comment

I am very sorry about your son. Nothing can bring him back, but it seems you are the type of person who wants to do something. I suggest you use the most powerful thing you have, your voice. Make people aware of what happened. Contact law enforcement and other government officials, write to the President. Tell all of them that it is time to stop illegal immigrants. There are so many people who wait their turn to come here, they follow the rules and they work hard. These illegals are making it harder for them and it's time Americans and legal residents say enough.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation