Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Withdrew Petition

I have two different cases pending with USCIS both of them got the same A-number, I want to withdrew one of them, how I can do that? Does the USCIS send a letter to acknowledge that the case had been withdrawn? How long the whole processes take? Is there a format letter for that?

Thanks to all.

I have two different cases pending with USCIS both of them got the same A-number, I want to withdrew one of them, how I can do that? Does the USCIS send a letter to acknowledge that the case had been withdrawn? How long the whole processes take? Is there a format letter for that?

Thanks to all.

Comment

Lou

YOu dont say what 2 cases you have pending. Write a letter requesting the withdrawal of the case you would like to withdraw. ex.. Please withdraw pending I-485 petition based on marriage. blah blah and other associated docs.

Just make sure you withdraw the intended petition.

request acknowledgment of the withdrawal, supply a ssae, (even though they will send it in their envelope)

Depending on what type of app you are withdrawing, will determine where you are sending your letter for withdrawal.

Comment

I have two different cases pending with the USCIS and both have the same A number. How can I withdraw one of them? Does the USCIS send a letter acknowledging the case has been withdrawn? How long does this whole process take and is there a format letter for it?

Thanks to all.
        How long the process takes would depend on the circumstances surrounding the request and/or the reasons behind it.

Having one case withdrawn would automatically cancel out all others assigned with the same A number.

If the request is valid and justifiable, the USCIS will indeed send out a letter confirming the withdrawal.

There is no formal letter for the request. Just state the reason(s) for your request and back them up with as much credible evidence as possible. Include anything and everything associated with the case(s).

Comment

Having one case withdrawn would automatically cancel out all others assigned with the same A number
          Can you elaborate on that statement?

My understanding is that each alien is assigned only one A number, no matter how many petitions or different cases. (It's easier to see alien's history). Withdrawing one petition should not cancel the others.

Comment

My two pending applications cases :-

(1) I-687, Application for Status as a Temporary Resident Under Section 245A legalization program.

(2) I-485 LIFE ACT Legalization (css/lulac)

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation