Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marriage Question

Hello everyone. This is my first question and I am glad I found this board. I married a man 3 years ago that had filed for political asylum. We adjusted his status and have been going through the immigration procass so he can get his greencard. This is an honest marriage but it is failing and I am considering divorce. He has not received his greencard as of yet but also hasnt been denied. Even though the marrige isnt working and we are not compatible, I do not want to jeapardize his greencard. He is a wonderful guy and he has gone through hell with immigration. I would hate to see him start all over again. It would take years and financially and emotionally drain him. I really would like a divorce though as we are both very unhappy with our relationship. Can someone please advise me on what the marrige laws are? What would happen to his case if we were to divorce or even seperate? How long after he receives his greencard must we stay married? Pleas help, I am stuck between a rock and a hard place so to speak. Thank you!

Hello everyone. This is my first question and I am glad I found this board. I married a man 3 years ago that had filed for political asylum. We adjusted his status and have been going through the immigration procass so he can get his greencard. This is an honest marriage but it is failing and I am considering divorce. He has not received his greencard as of yet but also hasnt been denied. Even though the marrige isnt working and we are not compatible, I do not want to jeapardize his greencard. He is a wonderful guy and he has gone through hell with immigration. I would hate to see him start all over again. It would take years and financially and emotionally drain him. I really would like a divorce though as we are both very unhappy with our relationship. Can someone please advise me on what the marrige laws are? What would happen to his case if we were to divorce or even seperate? How long after he receives his greencard must we stay married? Pleas help, I am stuck between a rock and a hard place so to speak. Thank you!

Comment

Finally someone, who doesn't want their parner to loose the possibility of getting his/her gc, just because their marriage didn't end up in a way they have dreamed it before. It's really nice from you Janeenie!
      Ability may get you to the top, but it takes character to keep you there.

Comment

I presume he is waiting for granted political asylum Green card. if yes then he will get GC when his priority ate will become current.
        If he is adjusted on the base of marriage and Approved then he supposed to get a stamp of I551 withing couple of months after approval. these couple of months was only for security check period.
        Its a discussion, not a legal advise..

Comment

Here is what will happen. Eventually, he will file for divorce claiming that you abused him. He will take everything he can from you. He wil cheat and steal from you every opportunity. If you do not mind being used and dumped; stay married until he gets his green card.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation