Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help with forms needed

I have applied petition for alien relative and biography forms for me and him (married to undocumented alien) hopes in future to file I-601 but i need an oversight of other forms needed to be filed, information on voluntarily departing on his part, fingerprint interview before going to his appointment at mexicann consular? etc....
    thanks in advance to everyones time in replying
    I have a dream

I have applied petition for alien relative and biography forms for me and him (married to undocumented alien) hopes in future to file I-601 but i need an oversight of other forms needed to be filed, information on voluntarily departing on his part, fingerprint interview before going to his appointment at mexicann consular? etc....
    thanks in advance to everyones time in replying
    I have a dream

Comment

will he go for an immigrant (CR/IR-1) visa or non-immigrant K3 (and later adjust status in USA)?

Comment

im sorry but im not sure i know the difference
        between cr/ir-1 and non-immigrant k3
        but we will eventually to my knowledge go to appointment in ciudad juarez and will have to file a waiver for hardship
        I have a dream

Comment

CR and IR-1 are filed when you're married. If you've been married less than 2 years, then it's CR (Conditional Residency). If over 2 years, it's IR-1 (Immediate Relative).

K3 is like the fiancé visa, for spouses. It means your spouse can come over without waiting for their residency to be approved. It is supposed to be faster, but in my experience that wasn't the case.

Knowing which you've applied for will make it much easier to answer your question.
          The whole of life is but a moment of time. It is our duty, therefore to use it, not to misuse it - Plutarch

Comment

thank you aroha, we have been married less than 2 years.
            It will be CR then.
            We have already filed petition for alien relative and biogrophy info for me and him
            I was just curious what are the names of the forms that will be included in the next packets.
            I am trying to prepare myself with the expense of the forms and the documents that are going to be needed.
            Again thanks for all you help
            I have a dream

Comment

so you filed for an immigrant visa for your husband who entered the USA without inspection, and you are US citizen?
              Now you need to be patient. In a few months (3,4, - 7,8) you'll hear from NVC. You'll get a letter to choose Agent (who should receive corespondence from NVC), and will be asked to submit Afidavit of support, and pay around 360$. Once that is in place, and I-130 is approved, the file will be sent to the consulate in your husband's home country.

He will then receive a packet from the consulate about the papers he needs for the interview: medical, police report...

Some consulates schedule the interwiev at the same time as sending this packet, some ask that the beneficiary to inform them when he/she has those documents, and then make interview appointment..

Visa fee is around 300$ (I hope some will come with more prcecise information, I haven't looked into that in a while). At the interview he will be denied visa because of the overstay. He will be instructed if and when he can file a waiver. Some people have the waiver ready and file it immeditaly after the interview. In some consulates, they get a new appointment.

Your husband doesn't need to do a formal "voluntary deportation" or report to anybody when he leaves for his home country. He wan't have a figerprinting appointment either.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation