Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My USC husband has a criminal background...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My USC husband has a criminal background...

I am a USC who has 2 felonys on my criminal record. One since '92, controlled substance offence and one since '99, aggrivated asault with deadly weapon, I did not even spend as much as 6 months in jail for these crimes, and I just finally finished my probation last year from the '99 incident. My wife is out of status on a visitors visa(B1/B2). Can someone please tell me if my criminal record can cause our AOS forms to be denied?

I am a USC who has 2 felonys on my criminal record. One since '92, controlled substance offence and one since '99, aggrivated asault with deadly weapon, I did not even spend as much as 6 months in jail for these crimes, and I just finally finished my probation last year from the '99 incident. My wife is out of status on a visitors visa(B1/B2). Can someone please tell me if my criminal record can cause our AOS forms to be denied?

Comment

Ya know Corey,

I've been told it makes no difference what the USC criminal record looks like.

I asked the first immigration attorney we saw about that and she told me they won't even do a background check on me (the USC).

I have seen several posts that say the same too.

Good luck to you and good for you for staying out of trouble and finishing your probation successfully. I understand that people in similar situations most of the time don't finish their parole/probation without further offenses.

I'm sure you'll get some smart *** remarks in response to your post but the above is at least what I know.

Angie

Comment

Your criminal background will not affect the process.
        Have a nice day

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed