•  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sponsorship affidavit question

Married a USC in 11/03.
    I-130 and 485 received by INS in 7/04.

Spouse filed sponsorship affidavit as required. He got laid off shortly after, currently collecting unemployment money.

If he does not get a job any time soon, when would I need to find a new sponsor? Will I need a new sponsor before we actually get invited for an interview, or would it suffice if I just bring an affidavit signed by a co-sponsor when I go to the interview?

Married a USC in 11/03.
    I-130 and 485 received by INS in 7/04.

Spouse filed sponsorship affidavit as required. He got laid off shortly after, currently collecting unemployment money.

If he does not get a job any time soon, when would I need to find a new sponsor? Will I need a new sponsor before we actually get invited for an interview, or would it suffice if I just bring an affidavit signed by a co-sponsor when I go to the interview?

Comment

Most of the time if anything has changed at the time of interview you will need to have another affidavit of support. You will need to have a co-sposer if your spouse is not employed by then and meets requirements. If he finds a job before then, you'll have to fill out a new affidavit of support and take it with you to the interview and submit it then.

Comment

Sometimes they ask u for a new one and sometimes not. You have to submit a new one only if they ask u to do so. Good luck!

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation