Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

...talking about National Healthcare...!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One more thing: Why do insurance companies not pay for alternative medicine or preventive care?

Because they know it would be their end! I am an alternative medicine practitioner, and I know it's coming anyway - it's snowballing and it's coming for the benefit of the people.
    “...I may condemn what you say, but I will give my life for that you may say it”! - Voltaire

Comment

• Well said Koller. The No.1 problem is that the USA healthcare system is mostly for profit and like any business, it want's (needs) to increase its profits which means you and I are seen as walking dollar signs. Keeping people sick is the answer. Keep them coming back for more. It's not about people misusing the system, they want you to use it more!

Davdah and the Repubs seem to have an unshakable belief in the market sorting itself out. I look around me and don't see it happening. Do you? Are your health insurance premiums going down?

It's also a bit rich after 8yrs of Repub rule for them to say now "oh yeah, (private) healthcare needs reform". You had 8yrs to do something and chose to do virtually nothing. The only thing was Bush's failed attempt on medical malpractice caps (which won't lower the cost as much as davdah says. It's not the main reason). The McCain $5000 tax credit idea would have to be paid from somewhere. That means extra taxes. What's the difference? It also does nothing for the uninsured or those with pre-existing conditions.

Having an public option will create real competition which the private companies will have to compete. This will lower the cost of healthcare and prescriptions as well. The UK has both public and private sectors. Both seem to co-exist quite happily. Try it America. You might just like it.
      "What you see in the photograph isn't what you saw at the time. The real skill of photography is organized visual lying."

Comment

• <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Try it America. You might just like it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

As long as it's not going to be punitive to people who make more money than others, I won't complain. And, they better not mess with my health care plan - lol!

Comment

• <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Generally, most alternative forms of medicine are more hype than anything else. Most insurers will only use those things which have passed scientific scrutiny. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Davdah

This is the propaganda that most americans believe sadly, and it is totally untrue!! Scientific scrutiny, what a B.ullcr.ap.

Alternative medicine has saved so many lives and enhanced so many lifestyles. Medicine is a 360 degree approach. I find that america has a mostly 90% style to treat patients. "Make the pain stop by medicine and not treat the cause approach". This is why so many die b4 their time.

Are you saying that you think Ayurvedic and Chinese Medicine, Holistic, etc are mere forms of "weird science" Davdah??? Just because america does not endorse it This is what the Pharmaceutical company and the other money grubbers want you to believe. It has worked for more than 60 years in this country.

Ignorance is at it's highest in america when it comes to alternative medicine and treatments. The lobbyists and government have done a super job in this regard.

Comment

• <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by davdah:
            <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Kollerkrot:
            One more thing: Why do insurance companies not pay for alternative medicine or preventive care?

Because they know it would be their end! I am an alternative medicine practitioner, and I know it's coming anyway - it's snowballing and it's coming for the benefit of the people. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Generally, most alternative forms of medicine are more hype than anything else. Most insurers will only use those things which have passed scientific scrutiny. That leaves most of the speculitive forms of medicine unapproved. Most carriers will cover preventative care. It's mostly an issue of the person getting off their rear end and making the appointment. I know in England the doctors hound the people to show up. Here, it is left to the person to do it, which often they don't. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You just poored water on my mill!!

Preventive care as we know it (immunizations) is not all that it's cracked up to be. There is proof in the making it is causing harm. I am not against immunizations to control Polio, Diphteria or Whopping Caugh, but I am against Measles and Chickenpox, because the body establishes immunity by mounting the virus itself once you come in contact with it. Granted - the child will be out of school for few days, but that's it. I am against over vaccinations - because it's just a money making business! Hepatitis vaccines are complete nuciance!

Wellness defined!
            The ultimate preventive care is chiropractic care in conjunction with therapeutic deep tissue massage. Insurance companies firstly did not cover it at all, later they covered it minimally and still do. Many insurance companies still don't cover it. Therapeutic massage is only covered for accident victims and here also minimally. A whooping 80% of all of our ailments can be traced back to structural and/or muscular problems - that includes stress, which is the underlying culprit of just about every ailment known to man.

Scientific scrutiny is usually accomplished by studies. Here in the US and elswhere, such studies are privately funded depending on who is voted into office. Who controls the pharmaceutical studies - the drug companies' funding - they control the studies! While I am not against all drug studies, their is medicinal need out there, because there are diseases that are necessary to be controlled via drugs. However, such (real) diseases, not the perceived marketed diseases, are usually considered "niche markets" by the drug corporations and not even worth their efforts to run a study. So, the real disease drugs, come from very small companies or universities. Drug corporations fund and conduct pharmaceutical studies for their own benefits not for yours. THEY DO NOT CARE ABOUT YOU - they care about their bottom line! During the pre-clinical and clinical research phases, they have people dropping dead left and right and drugs are still pushed through the pipelines - up to and including FDA approval - only to have to pull a lot of them from the market after it kills yet more people and they are being sued left and right.

From scatch to marketability a compound/drug has to undergo 5 phases of clinical research....and even a blind chick does find a kernel sometime.

But, before I get into that more, its the drug companies that also control the funding for the studies of alternative medicine (by preventing them)! That's why it takes so long to establish scientific scrutiny for alternative medicine. They fight it like hell! There are now some foreign funded dopple blinded studies conducted at several US Universities and worldwide, that show that alternative medicine does work.

But as I said, it is coming anyway - one patient at a time, because so many people just can't be wrong!
            “...I may condemn what you say, but I will give my life for that you may say it”! - Voltaire

Comment

• I managed to get acupuncture on NHS at the hospital for my shoulder injury years ago. Tried everything before that, various meds and so on.

I hate needles so I wasn't sure about it, but when they offered and said trials have proven that it does work and now NHS were allowed to do this, I said ok..no harm if it didn't work.

And guess what..it did!

I had to go several times but it finally stopped the pain and stopped the stiffness. I managed to carry on my work as usual and not dopey being on pain med.

I would try alternate medicine from now on, it has worked for many years before, so why not now.
              Alot of medication these days gives lots of side affects and they truly don't know what the long term effect it can have on a body.
              -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
              God Bless America - God Bless Immigrants - God Bless Poor Misguided Souls Too

National Domestic Violence Hotline:
              1.800.799.SAFE (7233) 1.800.787.

Comment

• Just read your post above Davdah, I have to disagree I am sorry.

It was proved it did work hence why NHS decided to take it on.

It worked for me and many people I know. Even for artheritis. I didn't believe it would, but I was proved wrong.

The amount of meds and injections I had didn't help for long. Surgery would have been the last option. I am so glad I gave it a go.
                -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                God Bless America - God Bless Immigrants - God Bless Poor Misguided Souls Too

National Domestic Violence Hotline:
                1.800.799.SAFE (7233) 1.800.787.

Comment

• <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by 4now:
                  Davdah

This is the propaganda that most americans believe sadly, and it is totally untrue!! Scientific scrutiny, what a B.ullcr.ap.

Alternative medicine has saved so many lives and enhanced so many lifestyles. Medicine is a 360 degree approach. I find that america has a mostly 90% style to treat patients. "Make the pain stop by medicine and not treat the cause approach". This is why so many die b4 their time.

Are you saying that you think Ayurvedic and Chinese Medicine, Holistic, etc are mere forms of "weird science" Davdah??? Just because america does not endorse it This is what the Pharmaceutical company and the other money grubbers want you to believe. It has worked for more than 60 years in this country.

Ignorance is at it's highest in america when it comes to alternative medicine and treatments. The lobbyists and government have done a super job in this regard. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
                  I think Davdah is referring to the infomercials on Saturday and Sunday morning that sell books on these "holistic medical cures" or what I call the medical pseudoscience such as Kevin Trudeau.

Also several American and European Pharmaceuticals do have research and development centers in China. In fact, go to whole foods, and you might see them, or you can go to a holistic store. In either case, you will see more fake holistic medicinese being sold rather than the actual medicine that is found in China, Korea, or Vietnam, just to name a few.
                  "Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence." John Adams on Defense of the boston Massacre

Comment

• <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by davdah:
                    I'm not saying it's all pseudo science. But, as Hudson said, most of it being sold via the internet, TV, or magazines is bunk or at best a watered down version of the real deal.

With accupuncture I am very suspicious. Unless your a women or g.ay, I can't see how being poked as very beneficial. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I only know the basics of accupuncture and accupressure. It works with the energy channels of our body (ying/yang). The way I see it and how I explain it to myself it's like a "REBOOT" of the energy which is flowing and is the means of communication of your body. It's the major glands of the endocrine system (Pituitary - Ovaries/Testes) communicating with each other via the meridian channels. The accupressure or the accupuncture needles briefly interrupt that energy flow or communication between the glands and cause the energy to reset and thereby restoring the energy balance. When the balance is restored your body functions normal and healing takes place.

We are just a bundles of energy!

The Chinese knew of the energy flowing between the major glands even though they didn't know that glands existed. It took western medicine to prove the glands and now everything is starting to make sense.

Accupressure/Accupuncture does work as well as other energy work. I am looking into and learning about quantum energy right now. I think it is most fascinating.

Comment

• <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Kollerkrot:
                      <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by davdah:
                      I'm not saying it's all pseudo science. But, as Hudson said, most of it being sold via the internet, TV, or magazines is bunk or at best a watered down version of the real deal.

With accupuncture I am very suspicious. Unless your a women or g.ay, I can't see how being poked as very beneficial. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I only know the basics of accupuncture and accupressure. It works with the energy channels of our body (ying/yang). The way I see it and how I explain it to myself it's like a "REBOOT" of the energy which is flowing and is the means of communication of your body. It's the major glands of the endocrine system Pituitary - Ovaries/Testes) communicating with each other via the meridian channels. The accupressure or the accupuncture needles briefly interrupt that energy flow or communication between the glands and cause the energy to reset and thereby restoring the energy balance. When the balance is restored your body functions normal and healing takes place.

We are just a bundle of energy! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

accupuncture:

Delivers multiple frequency's into the muscle mass and nerve endings that tells us It hurts. Induces a frequency To scramble pain information To Our brains. Got a boxer that gets it every 2 weeks! IT does work!!!! temporary.

a Jammer! scrambler!!! FREQUENCY!!! Human Body Consists of elecrical impulses that deliver information to the brain that says, Something Is hurting You, You better react!!!! Accupuncture = Virus!!! temporarily interupting Information.
                      USC and Legal, Honest Immigrant Alike Must Fight Against Those That Deceive and Disrupt A Place Of Desirability! All Are Victims of Fraud, Both USC and Honest Immigrant Alike! The bad can and does make it more difficult for the good! Be careful who y

Comment

• How It works:

Those that provide accupuncture are not scientists or super special!!! They do not know which frequencies interupt!!! The machines of technology bombard a range of multiple frequency's for approx. 1 - 3 minutes each. within a range it eventually will get the right frequency To Virus, disrupt, confuse, prevent those Pain signals from reaching the brain.

Run, dance, Jump, have fun! . The brain never got the message something was wrong. does not Fix/Repair anything! Just tricks The brain and gets rid of The pain!!!

Only Several examples. some better than others.
                        http://www.healinglamp.com/acupuncture-supplies.htm
                        Do Not Ever Buy One unless you check with Me first!!! gotta Help out The peeps!!!
                        the terminals/needles Are so tiny you might feel a Mosquito bite? 15 minutes Connected To a machine That scrambles Pain frequancy's. Temporary computer virus for The human body!!
                        USC and Legal, Honest Immigrant Alike Must Fight Against Those That Deceive and Disrupt A Place Of Desirability! All Are Victims of Fraud, Both USC and Honest Immigrant Alike! The bad can and does make it more difficult for the good! Be careful who y

Comment

• <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Kollerkrot:
                          I got to take a shower! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Holly Smoke s!!! what a Coincidence!! i need a Shower Also! what are the Possabilities??? same time!!!

LOL!!!!

Comment

• <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by MakeItRight!:
                            <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Kollerkrot:

Holly Smoke s!!! what a Coincidence!! i need a Shower Also! what are the Possabilities??? same time!!!

LOL!!!! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

OK MIR! It is now 23:19 lets do it at 23:30.

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by MakeItRight!:

LOL!!!! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

OK MIR! It is now 23:19 lets do it at 23:30. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
                              Always foolin around!!!
                              D a m n!!! where did i put those silk boxers???
                              And, hypo allergenic??? or regular??
                              LOL!!!

Comment

• Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed