Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

...talking about National Healthcare...!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">But thankfully as Dav pointed out we were there to save the Brits from speaking German. Talk about lack of gratitude or respect for a nation that once saved your countrymen. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

And we were grateful for it then and still are now. It's remembered more than 60yrs later. Every November the "Poppy Day" (Remembrance Sunday) occurs in UK which remembers all that took part in the World Wars including the American sacrifice.

I don't see the lack of gratitude or respect you talk of?
    "What you see in the photograph isn't what you saw at the time. The real skill of photography is organized visual lying."

Comment

Is Britain's Health System Really That Bad?

The National Health Service in the United Kingdom has become a punching bag for some critics of proposals to remake the U.S. health care system. Britons are offended by how some U.S. media outlets have singled the British system out for what not to do.

"It's the system that put Britain 18th in World Health Organization rankings while the U.S. stands at 37"

NPR.org
      "What you see in the photograph isn't what you saw at the time. The real skill of photography is organized visual lying."

Comment

Sprint I don't know if they have dental in their NHP.

But many English people here in the U.S. have told me that they did not get dental they needed.

Sorry to disappoint all of you but I am neither lazy nor fat! Try again. OO and dear not that terribly ugly either.

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Robin Horton:
          Sprint I don't know if they have dental in their NHP.

But many English people here in the U.S. have told me that they did not get dental they needed.

Sorry to disappoint all of you but I am neither lazy nor fat! Try again. OO and dear not that terribly ugly either. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sorry RH, you have some BS Brits then lol

Dental was and is part of the NHS. You used to even get a reminder for a check up every 6mnths to a year.
          If you went under NHS either it was free or you had a discount. If you wanted extra work or unneccessary cosmetic work and went private, you paid more.

Pregnant women and up to when your child is 1 yr old you got free dental work if needed. Why? Because that is the time when women's teeth are likely to have problems.

If someone chose not to go to a dentist, that was their problem. Dentists are everywhere, even in remote villages.

Funny really.. because I have seen more bad teeth in this country than anywhere. Having lived in many countries.

But do I generalize and say Americans have bad teeth? Nope.

Every child in the UK do not have any excuse what so ever to have bad teeth. Everything is available to them and free! Even a brace.

My teeth have gone down hill since living here, but I cannot afford to have them sorted and right now additionally because of medical reasons. My teeth even started to discolor after living here, because of what is in the water in my area.
          There you go, from my perspective and experiences.

You said yourself you have not been to the UK.. but only what a few said to you. Well, there you go, you do not know facts with your own eyes.

Those so called friends of yours must have been too lazy to go to a dentist, it is all I can say.

Oh one last thing, did you know that is was very common for visitors especially from Pakistan and India to go to our Dentists whilst over there?
          Jeez even Americans did! It was cheaper!
          My husband had dental work done while he was there and made sure he went upon each visit!

They have been cracking down on this now because too many tourists are milking the system.
          -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
          God Bless America - God Bless Immigrants - God Bless Poor Misguided Souls Too

National Domestic Violence Hotline:
          1.800.799.SAFE (7233) 1.800.787.

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I don't understand how people are such sheep and don't get it. No one is holding anyone down. If some guy makes a million in a year it should be celebrated. Why? Because that means you can too. Instead, what we see is bitterness and name calling. You guys need to re-think where you are. This is a capitalist country. You can be one too. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No class envy as you call it here davdah. Great if somebody wants to be a millionaire. Just don't do it by screwing people. Here's an example of what I mean:

CNN’s Rick Sanchez leaves Rick Scott fumbling to justify his health care corruption. (good for you Rick Sanchez)

This guy thinks he's God's gift to healthcare while he made millions by derauding the US Government! And now he claims the UK NHS is so bad that mothers are having to give birth on sidewalks LOL The fringe right wing have latched onto this ignoramus like flies to sh-it in this phony fight to discredit the NHS and "social medicine".

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Not wanted once the truth is learned </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The fictional truth

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Brit4064:
                Notice how many are German too. Those Germans sure know science and engineering. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
                Our [U.S.] German scientists with the British German scientists were outdoing the Russian German scientists during the Cold War.
                "Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence." John Adams on Defense of the boston Massacre

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">But do I generalize and say Americans have bad teeth? Nope. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Only in WV

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Every child in the UK do not have any excuse what so ever to have bad teeth. Everything is available to them and free! Even a brace. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I had a brace done on the NHS in my te-ens. Was fine and FREE

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by davdah:
                    It wasn't free!!! Who paid the doctor? Who paid all the people involved? The money doesn't grow on trees, as you mum must have told you a million times I'm sure. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Davdah, you know what we meant.
                    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

• <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by davdah:
                      But his mum did tell him that money doesn't grow on trees, didn't she? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

LOL My grandmother used to say that to us kids

But British money was made of paper. Paper comes from trees..so lol

Comment

• It was free to me at age 12! Thanks to all those UK taxpayers at the time. And probably cheaper than the 000's you get charged here. I had to have some deep root cleaning done 3yrs ago, cost $1100, insurance only paid $300 of it leaving me paying $800. Great system eh?

Comment

• <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by davdah:
                          I won't argue dental stuff can be costly. The wife is in the middle of that. So far the tab is around 6 or 7 K and this is before the braces come on. But hey, that is the price you pay. Or, there is always the option of moving to west virginia. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I won't say how much I've spent so far, but the option of moving to West Virginia never crossed my mind - lol!!! Hmmmmm. One state away and I could have saved a bundle and fit right in - lmao!!!

Comment

I won't argue dental stuff can be costly. The wife is in the middle of that. So far the tab is around 6 or 7 K and this is before the braces come on. But hey, that is the price you pay. Or, there is always the option of moving to west virginia. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's not only for Dental stuff - but emergency stuff too. Two years ago, my son had a run in with a window pane and cut himself sub scapula. It was a scary thing and meant running to the nearest hospital emergency room. The hospital was on the list of my insurance company so I felt good going there. They stiched him up - about 25 stitches. The whole proceedure took about 1.5 hours at most and then the hospital bill came for $1,500. Was an emergency insurance covered that 100% handed it in and didn't think about it anymore. About a week later another bill came charging me with doctors fees, the actual sutures, room rent medical equipment used etc., etc. totaling $3,500 and that was not on hospital stationary, but on the emergency room stationary and said that the emergency doctor association doesn't have a contract with my insurance company and I would be liable to pay for that myself.

My insurance didn't want to pay it...I didn't want to pay it either. So I argued my little heart out and made them pay it because they didn't list in their booklet that the outsourced emergency room wasn't included and had I known that, I would have gone to another hospital.

It's called Capital Health and they advertise and sell "sickness" via big bill boards all around here. The hell with them I say. If ever the need arises again, I'll go to the not-for-profit county medical center a few miles down the road.

CAPITAL HEALTH!! Isn't that the strangest name for a hospital.
                            “...I may condemn what you say, but I will give my life for that you may say it”! - Voltaire

Comment

• <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Robin Horton:
                              Koller I wish you well but you sound like your making fun of other people's opinions and choice in this nation you wish to call your home.

Some might call you ignorant for not taking care of your mess in Germany before it escalated to the situation your currently in. But I've not seen anyone make fun of you all other's have done is offer you support and help. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

A discussion Board!!
                              everyone Has Enemies! Me, LOL. koller, Rh, Etc... Etc...!!! Tricky... tricky....!!!
                              Who are the posters? worldwide!!! attorneys? Judges??? paralegals???? students??? immigrants??? USC???? Authorities??? Researchers??? attention seekers??? Criminals??? victims???? all Here!!!
                              USC and Legal, Honest Immigrant Alike Must Fight Against Those That Deceive and Disrupt A Place Of Desirability! All Are Victims of Fraud, Both USC and Honest Immigrant Alike! The bad can and does make it more difficult for the good! Be careful who y

Comment

Insurance was created to make the availability and use of medicine more accessible. Idea being, if everyone pays a small sum each month those accumulated amounts would be enough to cover procedures when the need arises. The premise was connected to the assumption people wouldn't overuse the service. Problem is, that didn't happen. Instead, people filled the ER's with even the slightest of medical issues. The patients are of the mind, I'm paying insurance, I should get something for it. Rarely if ever do they total their premiums and weigh it against service received. If they did, it would become quickly obvious something is wrong.

At it's inception insurance worked for a while. People did use restraint when accessing it to cover life's little emergencies. I guess it could be said there was a sort of partnership between the carrier and those covered. Each was looking out for the other. Those days have long since lapsed. If an insurance company used only it's premium payments to cover everything they would all be bankrupt by now. Most insurance companies take the premiums and invest them to create more in order to offset the larger payouts. This is where a government program is going to run into deep trouble. The government can't privately invest the same way and has no motivation to.

Paying the insurance company each month has the affect of inducing a limiting factor to its use. That being the assumption the premium will rise if the service is used too much. To some extent that is true. In recent times it has become less and less. More common is the thought they are paying something and wanting to get back more than they paid. Further supported by the false notion there is this mass group of others paying who, in their mind, aren't using any service. A secret thought no one verbalizes for fear of being called selfish or alerting the next 'other' so they don't dip into that pool of resources. With that, those others are going to offset the excesses of this person's use. That group of others have shrunk substantially. As was demonstrated by the last election, the idea of restraint and self sufficiency have evaporated.

In the age of no guilt and entitlement a government run program will amplify the current problems insurance companies face. With everyone paying, each person will want to insure they get their money's worth and will not appreciate the thought someone else might be benefiting from their donation. Selfishness has usurped generosity. It will create a mad dash to the troff to get whats theirs. Of course the individual will never balance whats taken against the payroll deduction. A voluntary math calculation like that will never happen.

As costs have increased so have the premiums requested. There is a tenuous balance that exists. If the premiums increase too much the subscriber will cancel and the insurance company will go out of business. The company must do what it can to control costs in order to keep it's subscriber base from shrinking too much.

A government run program has no such controls. If everyone is required to participate the costs will go up and not much will be done to control cost when no exit is permitted. A contract that would be dismissed as too one sided in any court if it were a private entity. Although Obama claims you can keep your current plan the commercial environment created will result in a massive tortious interference climate. The private carriers will be driven out of business by the denial of any remedies. Once accomplished, the government plan with no cost ceiling and no escape will financially strangle its enslaved participants. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I agree 100% with what you say - this is what insurance is and how it is to work and the ramifications of it.

My analysis is that people would not overuse the service, if the Capital Markets wouldn’t undermine the premise themselves in the people or patients. In order to sell their services, insurance companies as well as (drug companies – later for them) sell sickness to the individual – they advertise, teach invoke fear of sickness in the individual – causing everybody to believe they are sick and having to go to the doctor or hospital. They are in bed with hospitals and doctors to sell their services and satisfy their shareholders. They use the individual to make a buck and I can prove they cause that overuse themselves.

Summa summarum it is an education problem! There is too little counter movement (for lack of a better word) to educate the masses, that our bodies are perfectly able to heal themselves (alternative medicine). People should not listen to insurance and drug advertisements – where they’re being told that just because they undergo some difficulty in their life, that could be cured with good cry and a few sessions of therapy that they have to go to the doctor and have him prescribe Prozac or some other mind-altering-schitt which in reality is preventing people from working through the difficulty, never clearing it and make it all worse – impotence follows – more reasons to sell them drugs and send them to the doctor.

It’s an education problem in the US – that’s what it is!

Also, an education problem is that (as you have mentioned above), is that people get their bucks worth if they sign up for insurance as it currently is. If one does the math, comparing it to premium vs. doctors visits/, drug coverage of the mostly only perceived health problem – they’d be better off using a piggy bank, or invest it themselves – and make a deal with the doctor. The insurance companies don’t pay the doctors much – they pay themselves, their stakeholders and the middleman. If one thinks they have a good group plan through a corporation and their premium is only 20% out of their pocket, because the corporation is paying 80% of that premium. Guess what, the corporation is putting all of that cost on the balance sheet deducting it from their taxes.

So, who is now paying the majority of your health insurance? You do via your taxes – so, why not have the government do it in the first place – for the benefit of the people and the country.

Capitalism to me is = another one bites the dust. Why, because he wasn’t smart/good enough. Why not let the people be smarter than the insurance companies?

I shall educate everybody that comes near me!!!
                                “...I may condemn what you say, but I will give my life for that you may say it”! - Voltaire

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation