Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

...talking about National Healthcare...!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by frenchybee:
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ProudUSC:
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by frenchybee:
    lol sprintgirl feels threatened by me so she comes up with stuff to discredit me

u know what believe whatever you want why should i care? my mistake for sticking around longer than i should have anyway!
    i dont have to prove anything, think whatever you want! i am me </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Why should anyone feel threatened by you, Frenchy? First, why did you join this forum? This isn't a divorce forum. It is an immigration forum. Have you asked one question relative to immigration? Have you provided any input to other's immigration situations? Then you go running your mouth about health care reform (which is obvious you are lacking knowledge). Then you start coming onto a seasoned member of the forum telling him you are a fleshy French girl. And you wonder why you've lost credibility? Totally laughable. You have to strike a balance on this forum. There are times for debate and jokes and times to get real and help others. You are seriously lacking in the last category. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

why have i joined this forum? because i am an immigrant?
    does that explain my reasons for joining it sufficiently enough for you
    what else would you like to know- my hair color, toothbrush color, my pajamas color? are you an immigration interviewer?
    what are the reasons for you joining the forum other than you have nothing related to immigrants and immigration other than greeting them at the door of this forum? are they paying you to meet and greet everyone? is that your day job?
    you appear to be a rather dumb american with nothing substantial to offer </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You are pathetic, Frenchy. I don't need to explain why I joined the forum as most people know the reasons. As for being a dumb American, I hold a BA in Business Management from the University of Maryland, worked in the business sector going on nearly 40 years and know my way around US government far better than you!

Comment

• <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by frenchybee:
      <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Sprint_girl07:
      <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by frenchybee:
      <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Sprint_girl07:
      LOL I think she is trying to convince herself rather than us

She was only here 2 mins before she claimed SOM of being lovely and called me a stalker.
      If she really was reading up prior to posting she would know the truth and sure wouldn't be suc-king up to him and baiting others.

Lets just ignore her, she is going to bait or defame each one of us in turn for amusement.

Some people just love playing games. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

why would i want to convince you and about what? and why? what would be the benefits of convincing you? what would you give me a medal? who do you think you are at this site - an admin? where are the administrators here anyway???
      i was reading here for about two weeks after i posted my question and all i saw was you being a bully on a few occastions with other posters, thats my opinion of you
      you seem to be a disturbed girl i think its obvious for all to see, calling another poster a stalker while being a stalker herself
      just because you were here longer than i have doesnt mean i have to be nice to you especially when your not nice to the majority of posters on this board </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

But you said you were on vacation hence why you couldn't answer your own thread.

Bad memory huh lol </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

i was on a vacation and i didnt say i couldnt answer, i didnt want to, there was a lot of other stuff going on and i was reading from time to time
      next question!
      and i am not convincing anybody, in fact i can say i have about ten different ids on this forum, and fifteen on another immigration forum! does that make you feel better??? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Go and play games elsewhere.
      -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      God Bless America - God Bless Immigrants - God Bless Poor Misguided Souls Too

National Domestic Violence Hotline:
      1.800.799.SAFE (7233) 1.800.787.

Comment

LOL I think she is trying to convince herself rather than us

She was only here 2 mins before she claimed SOM of being lovely and called me a stalker.
        If she really was reading up prior to posting she would know the truth and sure wouldn't be suc-king up to him and baiting others.

Lets just ignore her, she is going to bait or defame each one of us in turn for amusement.

Some people just love playing games. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

why would i want to convince you and about what? and why? what would be the benefits of convincing you? what would you give me a medal? who do you think you are at this site - an admin? where are the administrators here anyway???
        i was reading here for about two weeks after i posted my question and all i saw was you being a bully on a few occastions with other posters, thats my opinion of you
        you seem to be a disturbed girl i think its obvious for all to see, calling another poster a stalker while being a stalker herself
        just because you were here longer than i have doesnt mean i have to be nice to you especially when your not nice to the majority of posters on this board </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

But you said you were on vacation hence why you couldn't answer your own thread.

Bad memory huh lol </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

i was on a vacation and i didnt say i couldnt answer, i didnt want to, there was a lot of other stuff going on and i was reading from time to time
        next question!
        and i am not convincing anybody, in fact i can say i have about ten different ids on this forum, and fifteen on another immigration forum! does that make you feel better??? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well, there you go. You are one credible poster, aren't you Frenchy?

Comment

• <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by iperson:
          <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ProudUSC:

You are pathetic, Frenchy. I don't need to explain why I joined the forum as most people know the reasons. As for being a dumb American, I hold a BA in Business Management from the University of Maryland, worked in the business sector going on nearly 40 years and know my way around US government far better than you! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You Lie!!!!

There is no BA in Business Management! There is though a B.S. in Business Management. Rotflmao!
          Bachelor of Arts in Business Management? Nope. Bachelor of Science in Business Management- yes.

I remember you said once you tried to go to college but you quit because it was too hard and you couldn't comprehend what was being said and couldn't keep up with the schedule.

You are a Liar! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You're right. It is a BS. Mistyped last night.

And I never said anything about not comprehending aside from not being able to understand a few of my foreign professors. Accents were too thick, so I opted to drop the classes. I kept up just fine. Graduated at age 30 while working a full time job. Top that!!!!!

Comment

• Then I didn't tell you - lol!!!! Haven't shared much with most on this forum.

Comment

• <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by iperson:
              Then I didn't tell you - lol!!!! Haven't shared much with most on this forum. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You are pathetic Betsy. Your brain is too small to graduate from high school, not mentioning college. You're too dumb to think on your own.
              Teabagger! Rotflmao! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You have such a good memory? Guess not since you can't even get my name right.

I could care less if you believe me. And I already told you I don't like tea - lmao, Frenchybee!

Comment

• Sprint you never responded. Maybe this will clear it up for you.

Subject: FW: After reading the whole health care bill ....

The Truth About the Health Care Bills - Michael Connelly,
                Ret. Constitutional Attorney 08.24.09

Well, I have done it! I have read the entire text of proposed
                House Bill 3200: The Affordable Health Care Choices Act of 2009. I studied it
                with particular emphasis from my area of expertise,20constitutional law. I was
                frankly concerned that parts of the proposed law that were being discussed
                might be unconstitutional. What I found was far worse than what I had heard
                or expected.

To begin with, much of what has been said about the law and
                its implications is in fact true, despite what the Democrats and the media
                are saying. The law does provide for rationing of health care, particularly
                where senior citizens and other classes of citizens are involved, free health
                care for illegal immigrants, free abortion services, and probably forced
                participation in abortions by members of the medical profession.

The Bill will also eventually force private insurance
                companies out of business and put everyone into a government run system. All
                decisions about personal health care will ultimately be made by federal
                bureaucrats and most of them will not be health care professionals. Hospital
                admissions, payments to physicians, and allocations of necessary medical
                devices will be strictly controlled.

However, as scary as all of that it, it just scratches the
                surface. In fact, I have concluded that this legislation really has no
                intention of providing affordable health care choices. Instead it is a
                convenient cover for the most massive transfer of power to the Executive
                Branch of government that has ever oc
                curred, or even been contemplated. If
                this law or a similar one is adopted, major portions of the Constitution of
                the United States will effectively have been destroyed.

The first thing to go will be the masterfully crafted balance
                of power between the Executive, Legislative, and Judicial branches of the
                U.S. Government. The Congress will be transferring to the Obama
                Administration authority in a number of different areas over the lives of the
                American people and the businesses they own. The irony is that the Congress
                doesn?t have any authority to legislate in most of those areas to begin with.
                I defy anyone to read the text of the U.S. Constitution and find any
                authority granted to the members of Congress to regulate health care.

This legislation also provides for access by the appointees
                of the Obama administration of all of your personal healthcare information,
                your personal financial information, and the information of your employer,
                physician, and hospital. All of this is a direct violation of the specific
                provisions of the 4th Amendment to the Constitution protecting against
                unreasonable searches and seizures. You can also forget about the right to
                privacy. That will have been legislated into oblivion regardless of what the
                3rd and 4th Amendments may provide.

If you decide not to have h
                ealthcare insurance or if you have
                private insurance that is not deemed ´acceptable to the ´Health Choices
                Administrator appointed by Obama there will be a tax imposed on you. It is
                called a ´tax instead of a fine because of the intent to avoid application of
                the due process clause of the 5th Amendment. However, that doesn't work
                because since there is nothing in the law that allows you to contest or
                appeal the imposition of the tax, it is definitely depriving someone of
                property without the ´due process of law.

So, there are three of those pesky amendments that the far
                left hate so much out the original ten in the Bill of Rights that are
                effectively nullified by this law. It doesn?t stop there though. The 9th
                Amendment that provides: ´The enumeration in the Constitution, of certain
                rights, shall not be construed to deny or disparage others retained by the
                people; The 10th Amendment states: ´The powers not delegated to the United
                States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are preserved
                to the States respectively, or to the people. Under the provisions of this
                piece of Congressional handiwork neither the people nor the states are going
                to have any rights or powers at all in many areas that once were theirs to
                control.

I could write many more pages about this legislation, but I
                think you get
                the idea. This is not about health care; it is about seizing
                power and limiting rights. Article 6 of the Constitution requires the members
                of both houses of Congress to ´be bound by oath or affirmation¡ to support
                the Constitution. If I was a member of Congress I would not be able to vote
                for this legislation or anything like it without feeling I was violating that
                sacred oath or affirmation. If I voted for it anyway I would hope the
                American people would hold me accountable.

For those who might doubt the nature of this threat I suggest
                they consult the source.

Here is a link to the Constitution:http://www.archives.gov/ex
                &lt;blockedhttp://www.archives.gov/ex&gt; hibits/charters/constituti
                on_transcript.html
                &lt;http://www.archives.gov/exhibits/cha...ranscript.html
                &lt;blockedhttp://www.archives.gov/exhibits/charters/constitution_transcript.htm
                l&gt; &gt;

And another to the Bill of Rights: http://www.archives.gov/ex
                &lt;blockedhttp://www.archives.gov/ex&gt; hibits/charters/bill_of_ri
                ghts_transcript.html
                &lt;blockedhttp://www.archives.gov/exhibits/charters/bill_of_rights_transcript.h
                tml&gt; &gt;

There you can see exactly what we are about to have taken
                from us.

Michael Connelly

Retired attorney,

Constitutional Law Instructor

Carrollton , Texas

Comment

• <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by davdah:
                  BA in Business.

Here

Here

an Here.

Non-existent degree programs? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks. Mine is definitely a Bachelor of Science. I think it had something to do with the number of credits I had for my major. Anyway, I worked with a student advisor and that is the route they told me to take vs. the BA. But, it's good to know I'm not a liar.

Comment

• Lol, just too funny. We are the weird ones? We are not the ones talking to ourselves on the forum.

Comment

• <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I have nothing but an utmost disgust for the majority of regular posters on this board. I have a life and much to do, so why would I waste my precious time using another id here? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

So the solution is very simple. Go away and don't come back. You think anyone missed you while you were gone? Nope. You weren't even a blip on anyone's radar screen. Be gone, little girl. And take Frenchybee and all your other alters with you.

Comment

• <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Proudie is a liar, she never went to college (I talked to her in private for some time and there was never any mention of college). </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

University of MD University College 1984. Double major. Business and English!!!!!!! Keep pushing the buttons here, Iperson. You want that picture you sent posted here? No? I didn't think so.

Comment

• <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Robin Horton:
                          Sprint you never responded. Maybe this will clear it up for you.

Subject: FW: After reading the whole health care bill ....

The Truth About the Health Care Bills - Michael Connelly,
                          Ret. Constitutional Attorney 08.24.09

Well, I have done it! I have read the entire text of proposed
                          House Bill 3200: The Affordable Health Care Choices Act of 2009. I studied it
                          with particular emphasis from my area of expertise,20constitutional law. I was
                          frankly concerned that parts of the proposed law that were being discussed
                          might be unconstitutional. What I found was far worse than what I had heard
                          or expected.

To begin with, much of what has been said about the law and
                          its implications is in fact true, despite what the Democrats and the media
                          are saying. The law does provide for rationing of health care, particularly
                          where senior citizens and other classes of citizens are involved, free health
                          care for illegal immigrants, free abortion services, and probably forced
                          participation in abortions by members of the medical profession.

The Bill will also eventually force private insurance
                          companies out of business and put everyone into a government run system. All
                          decisions about personal health care will ultimately be made by federal
                          bureaucrats and most of them will not be health care professionals. Hospital
                          admissions, payments to physicians, and allocations of necessary medical
                          devices will be strictly controlled.

However, as scary as all of that it, it just scratches the
                          surface. In fact, I have concluded that this legislation really has no
                          intention of providing affordable health care choices. Instead it is a
                          convenient cover for the most massive transfer of power to the Executive
                          Branch of government that has ever oc
                          curred, or even been contemplated. If
                          this law or a similar one is adopted, major portions of the Constitution of
                          the United States will effectively have been destroyed.

The first thing to go will be the masterfully crafted balance
                          of power between the Executive, Legislative, and Judicial branches of the
                          U.S. Government. The Congress will be transferring to the Obama
                          Administration authority in a number of different areas over the lives of the
                          American people and the businesses they own. The irony is that the Congress
                          doesn?t have any authority to legislate in most of those areas to begin with.
                          I defy anyone to read the text of the U.S. Constitution and find any
                          authority granted to the members of Congress to regulate health care.

This legislation also provides for access by the appointees
                          of the Obama administration of all of your personal healthcare information,
                          your personal financial information, and the information of your employer,
                          physician, and hospital. All of this is a direct violation of the specific
                          provisions of the 4th Amendment to the Constitution protecting against
                          unreasonable searches and seizures. You can also forget about the right to
                          privacy. That will have been legislated into oblivion regardless of what the
                          3rd and 4th Amendments may provide.

If you decide not to have h
                          ealthcare insurance or if you have
                          private insurance that is not deemed ´acceptable to the ´Health Choices
                          Administrator appointed by Obama there will be a tax imposed on you. It is
                          called a ´tax instead of a fine because of the intent to avoid application of
                          the due process clause of the 5th Amendment. However, that doesn't work
                          because since there is nothing in the law that allows you to contest or
                          appeal the imposition of the tax, it is definitely depriving someone of
                          property without the ´due process of law.

So, there are three of those pesky amendments that the far
                          left hate so much out the original ten in the Bill of Rights that are
                          effectively nullified by this law. It doesn?t stop there though. The 9th
                          Amendment that provides: ´The enumeration in the Constitution, of certain
                          rights, shall not be construed to deny or disparage others retained by the
                          people; The 10th Amendment states: ´The powers not delegated to the United
                          States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are preserved
                          to the States respectively, or to the people. Under the provisions of this
                          piece of Congressional handiwork neither the people nor the states are going
                          to have any rights or powers at all in many areas that once were theirs to
                          control.

I could write many more pages about this legislation, but I
                          think you get
                          the idea. This is not about health care; it is about seizing
                          power and limiting rights. Article 6 of the Constitution requires the members
                          of both houses of Congress to ´be bound by oath or affirmation¡ to support
                          the Constitution. If I was a member of Congress I would not be able to vote
                          for this legislation or anything like it without feeling I was violating that
                          sacred oath or affirmation. If I voted for it anyway I would hope the
                          American people would hold me accountable.

For those who might doubt the nature of this threat I suggest
                          they consult the source.

Here is a link to the Constitution:http://www.archives.gov/ex
                          &lt;blockedhttp://www.archives.gov/ex&gt; hibits/charters/constituti
                          on_transcript.html
                          &lt;blockedhttp://www.archives.gov/exhibits/charters/constitution_transcript.htm
                          l&gt; &gt;

And another to the Bill of Rights: http://www.archives.gov/ex
                          &lt;blockedhttp://www.archives.gov/ex&gt; hibits/charters/bill_of_ri
                          ghts_transcript.html
                          &lt;blockedhttp://www.archives.gov/exhibits/charters/bill_of_rights_transcript.h
                          tml&gt; &gt;

There you can see exactly what we are about to have taken
                          from us.

Michael Connelly

Retired attorney,

Constitutional Law Instructor

Carrollton , Texas </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well Robin, I haven't read all of it and I am no lawyer so, I have found some information for you from someone who knows a bit more.

Whoever is right, it is interesting to see someone else make comment on this:..so my next post will explain:
                          -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

• Taken from a website:

Response

Hey, thanks for sending that email my way.

It's nuts how many rumors are swirling around out there about the health bills. It's hard to know which ones are true and which ones are just crazy internet rumors.

If this one were true, I'd be pretty upset - so I decided to see if I could find out for myself.

It seems the email originated as a blog post by Michael Connolly, who claims to be a "Constitutional Law Instructor." That's very misleading. Mr. Connolly doesn't actually work at a university or law school, but gives lessons online at www.ed2go.com whose motto is: "Learn it on Tuesday, Use it on Wednesday!" I don't know about you, but that sounds pretty shady to me.

That's like me claiming to be a pro football coach because I have a fantasy football team.

Check out his page: http://www.ed2go.com/cgi-bin/o...ss&aw=yyy&course=cl1

As for the content of his blog post, it seems as if the fake professor is using fake information.

The email claimed health reform would lead to rationing of health services, especially for seniors. That's not true. I came across a well-researched article in Newsweek that calls this a "lie" simply intended to scare people into opposing reform. You can read it yourself: http://www.newsweek.com/id/212131/page/2

The email also says the bills would provide free health care for illegal immigrants. Again, this is a blatant lie. The bill itself even states "No Federal Payment for Undocumented Aliens." You can see for yourself on page 143 http://edlabor.house.gov/docum...-BillText-071409.pdf

The email also says reform would result in a "government takeover" of health care. That's not true either. I found a website called FactCheck.org that looks at this assertion & flat out debunks it. The government would not make medical decisions or force American patients to do anything they didn't want to - it would just give people to option to purchase a reasonably priced health insurance plan. That's it.

The website wrote that "Obama has long said he would allow individuals or small businesses to buy insurance through a public plan - like the one now available to members of Congress. But nobody would be forced to drop his or her current insurance, and private plans would exist as they do now." You can read more at http://www.factcheck.org/2009/...ent-run-health-care/

As for "Professor" Connolly's claim that health care reform is unconstitutional, that's also wrong. This interpretation of the 10th amendment is an extremist view held by people who believe almost everything is unconstitutional. They think the same thing about Social Security, Medicare, Medicaid, the federal highway system, rules regulating airplane safety and anti-discrimination laws.

In reality, the Constitution gives congress the power to "lay and collect taxes, duties, imposts and excises" and to "provide for....the general welfare of the United States." It also allows Congress "to regulate commerce... among the several states." Health care is a huge part of our nation's economy, and definitely falls under the interstate commerce clause of the constitution.

If you want to find more information on this, I found some great websites:

http://thinkprogress.org/2009/...nn-unconstitutional/

http://prospect.org/cs/article...he_true_constitution

I think by now you can see that pretty much every part of this email is a lie. So hopefully that helps put your mind at ease.

Have a good week.
                            –Media Matters Action Network

source

I will also see what else there is from real Constitutional gurus.

Comment

• Oh and one last thing..

The last I heard the U.S, Supreme Court is the final authority on Constitutional Law....Not A retired "instructor".

An opinion of the Supreme Court is beyond argument, because the Justices have found truth in the text of The Constitution.

Comment

public option is not free- its another name for single payer
                                which in and out of itself means you are paying for it
                                it's just subsidized by the govt partially to help pay the costs
                                and as soon as the market funtions properly again the costs for prosthetic etc are going to be lowered
                                by the very magic wand of free market you love so much (and moi aussi!) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
                                OK, so the public option will fix what exactly in the health care industry? Deos it solve the core problems within the health care industyr?

I will give you a hint, the problems are not exactly with private insurance compannies, nor with the high premiums. Now, can you guess really what the issues are?
                                "Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence." John Adams on Defense of the boston Massacre

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation