Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

...talking about National Healthcare...!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Please, don't. You and I both know the plan calls for mandatory participation once a person changes jobs. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

And that's what has this country in an uproar. It's a sure deal breaker for most. I have my health care - it retired with me, but for all the people who change jobs and are forced into public healthcare, sorry, that's not the America as I know it. We don't want socialized medicine here. This country needs to figure this out and get the money-hungry malpractice lawyers out of the picture before we resort to socialized medicine.

Comment

• Where do I start Proudie? The deductible each year is $3k before you even start the 80/20 stuff. Cigna is one of the worst and our company moved to them 2yrs ago. I'm sure I could buy my own but then I'd be paying out much more than the current subsidized premium. 4 nights in hospital has left me with $5500 in deductibles, co-pays and other miscellaneous fees.

I don't get why you think the industry will sort itself out? It hasn't to date and seems to be going the wrong way. Why should it do anything? It's making plenty of money. It's all about making $$$ from you the patient. Not necessarily doing what's best for you. Doing what's best for them...making money.
      How can you charge with a serious face $500 for bandages etc. It's crazy.

The main reason IMO is the cost of the uninsured. Removing lawyers from the equation won't make the big changes you think it will. There may be some minor change but insurance is primarily risk-assessment based. A doctor working in Miami will always pay more for his insurance premiums than one working in rural MO.
      "What you see in the photograph isn't what you saw at the time. The real skill of photography is organized visual lying."

Comment

• <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Aroha:
        <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Brit4064:
        You think it's ideal here? Wait until you have to use that ideal private healthcare system. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

And when did I say that I thought the current scheme in the US was ideal? That's right. I didn't.

Please don't put words in my mouth, Brit. Not even my husband gets away with that. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
        Ohhh!!! Cr aP!!! Germ cool buddy, RUNNNNNNNNNNNN very fast!!!!!! LOLOLOLOL!!!! She Is In power mode!!!
        USC and Legal, Honest Immigrant Alike Must Fight Against Those That Deceive and Disrupt A Place Of Desirability! All Are Victims of Fraud, Both USC and Honest Immigrant Alike! The bad can and does make it more difficult for the good! Be careful who y

Comment

• <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Brit4064:
          Where do I start Proudie? The deductible each year is $3k before you even start the 80/20 stuff. Cigna is one of the worst and our company moved to them 2yrs ago. I'm sure I could buy my own but then I'd be paying out much more than the current subsidized premium. 4 nights in hospital has left me with $5500 in deductibles, co-pays and other miscellaneous fees.

I don't get why you think the industry will sort itself out? It hasn't to date and seems to be going the wrong way. Why should it do anything? It's making plenty of money. It's all about making $$$ from you the patient. Not necessarily doing what's best for you. Doing what's best for them...making money.
          How can you charge with a serious face $500 for bandages etc. It's crazy.

The main reason IMO is the cost of the uninsured. Removing lawyers from the equation won't make the big changes you think it will. There may be some minor change but insurance is primarily risk-assessment based. A doctor working in Miami will always pay more for his insurance premiums than one working in rural MO. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Then you got a really bad deal, Brittie. I don't have those sort of deductibles. But, I do pay upwards of $600/mo. Awful, right? I'm not against health care reform. I'm against the way they are going about it. It's all about the people who have no health care and they could care less about the greater percent that do.

Comment

• Um

can we get this clown to stop talking about healthcare for the time being. We need him to be focused on the jobs market and manufacturing, and greens jobs that he promised. Where are they and where are the efforts.??????? Where

it is more important than the healthcare right now. healthcare is a distraction. it is the new WMD/// dont fall for it people. Redirect his focus or it will be too late for usa

Comment

• What do you think about the new deal that may come out in the fall? Same kind of offer like Cash for Clunkers. Bring in your old washing machine or other household item and trade it in towards a new energy saving one?

Not as much money as the CforC one but would people go for it?

New jobs 4Now? They are still laying off jobs.
              -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
              God Bless America - God Bless Immigrants - God Bless Poor Misguided Souls Too

National Domestic Violence Hotline:
              1.800.799.SAFE (7233) 1.800.787.

Comment

• I think these are the real stimuli. Every industry should get a stimulus. bring in old laptop/ electronics etc to stimulate buying.

You see how fast they shut down c4c. because it works. This is more or less what I was speaking about back then about giving us the money instead of the banks. banks made no sense, just open season on robbery of us.

Still, I think in addition, give us 10k stim to get this economy rolling again.

I mean... what kind of moron gives 8 dollars a week to a person and thinks that will stimulate anything Everybody should be at those town hall meetings throwing this jingle jingle change in his face.

Comment

• <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by 4now:
                  Um

can we get this clown to stop talking about healthcare for the time being. We need him to be focused on the jobs market and manufacturing, and greens jobs that he promised. Where are they and where are the efforts.??????? Where

it is more important than the healthcare right now. healthcare is a distraction. it is the new WMD/// dont fall for it people. Redirect his focus or it will be too late for usa </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

OMG, what a great post, 4Now. So many other things to tackle to get our economy kicking again. People are losing their homes and we have advocates trying to take more money out of their pockets. Too sad.

Comment

• Thanx proudy

Sadly yes, people are still losing jobs and homes.

Sprintie... jobs are going to continue to be lost here. he has to start doing something as promised. the usa people need to stop talking about this healthcare thing and hold him to the jobs that need to jumpstart. He is set on destroying by not setting the infrostructure jobs and greens as promised. H1B and H2 need to be temp stopped at this point until faith in the systme is restored for usa jobs. Any ridiculous talk about amnesty for 40 million illegals is sure suicide at this stage of the game. HEELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLP can anybody here this ... go to the town meeting and call this clown on it!!!!!! healthcare is on the back burner along with illegal amnesty.

get this economy going with jobs and I do not mean service industry pay jobs either.

Comment

• <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I very much question the methods used to determine the so-called cost difference between ours versus England's. I've never seen a large government operation that was run cheaply. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

And again davdah. Plenty of evidence the USA is the world's most expensive healthcare system:

USA 16% of GDP
                      France 11%
                      Switzerland 108%
                      Germany 10.4%
                      Belgium 10.2%

USA Today (OECD)
                      "What you see in the photograph isn't what you saw at the time. The real skill of photography is organized visual lying."

Comment

• Please tell me this is the American way to brainwash our children. This is an adult debate not meant for children to be brainwashed by our schools.

Is this what left wingers and Obama are resorting to OMG how UN AMERICAN CAN YOU BE!!

http://www.docstoc.com/docs/10...ica-September-8-2009

Comment

• <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Robin Horton:
                          Please tell me this is the American way to brainwash our children. This is an adult debate not meant for children to be brainwashed by our schools.

Is this what left wingers and Obama are resorting to OMG how UN AMERICAN CAN YOU BE!!

http://www.docstoc.com/docs/10...ica-September-8-2009 </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I don't really understand why this is in the healthcare thread, but let me comment/ask nonetheless.

Do you think he is talking to the students about healthcare? What is he doing that would be considered a brainwash?

Why do you think he is planning on talking to the students? The memo, is not for the children but for the teachers.

When George Bush and all the other presidents before him went to schools to talk to students, you think that could be considered brainwashing? Or, better yet, Barbara Bush went and started her library program to read to children?

What do you think he is talking to the kids about? It's in the memo, he will be talking to students about how important education is. What could possible be wrong with this?
                          “...I may condemn what you say, but I will give my life for that you may say it”! - Voltaire

Comment

• <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">So next time you complain about paying 10.00 a pill for your prescription. Be happy. You are subsidizing the Canadian and Mexican who's government said the USC's are going to pay your way with higher prices on theirs. Isn't that the democrat way. Didn't obama say he was a citizen of the world. You asked for it, you got it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Why let it happen here then? If we had a Government able to negotiate with the drug companies to lower the cost, we wouldn't be subsidizing the other countries as you put it.

Comment

• <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Please tell me this is the American way to brainwash our children. This is an adult debate not meant for children to be brainwashed by our schools. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You don't brainwash with just one speech or session. It takes many sessions to brainwash somebody over a prolonged period. The 911 terrorists were brainwashed over a period of years.

Comment

• <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Brit4064:
                                <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Please tell me this is the American way to brainwash our children. This is an adult debate not meant for children to be brainwashed by our schools. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You don't brainwash with just one speech or session. It takes many sessions to brainwash somebody over a prolonged period. The 911 terrorists were brainwashed over a period of years. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I highly doubt Obama intends to 'brainwash' the kids during this speech. It's just a formality and will probably be kept high level regarding staying in school, keeping off drugs and getting a higher level of education. He won't use this platform to promote his agenda. It would anger too many parents who are not happy with him.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation