Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Husband received Green Card in the mail...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SPrasad
    replied
    Thanks. I wanted to be sure and post. This site has helped me a lot over this very long process. There was a period of time when nothing was going on because we held off a few months on filing the I-485 because we wanted to be married at least two years before our interview so he didn't receive the conditional green card, so we achieved that. Also we had a baby in that period of time, so we pushed it aside for a while so we could enjoy her. It worked out for us in the end. It was a long process but worth it. There were many people on here who answered a lot of questions for us, and we thank you so much. It was good to talk to others who have had similar experiences and going through the same process as us. It was also nice to not have to hire an attorney though all this. Saved us a lot of $$$.

Good luck to the rest of you. I do check the boards from time to time to see what's going on.

Leave a comment:

• shonjaved
    replied
    congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Leave a comment:

• SPrasad
    replied
    Wanted to give yet another update.

My husband received his green card in the mail on Friday, 9/9. Our interview was in Pittsburgh on 8/24. He received a "welcome notice" on Tuesday, 9/6, which stated the green card would be mailed and should be received in three weeks. On 9/8 we checked the online account which stated the I-485 was approved and an approval notice was mailed that date. We thought it probably was the green card they had mailed, and it was. He received it on Friday, 9/9.

We were married April 2003 in India, so finally we can sit back and relax after going through all this paperwork.

Leave a comment:

• SPrasad
    started a topic Husband received Green Card in the mail...

Husband received Green Card in the mail...

Wanted to give yet another update.

My husband received his green card in the mail on Friday, 9/9. Our interview was in Pittsburgh on 8/24. He received a "welcome notice" on Tuesday, 9/6, which stated the green card would be mailed and should be received in three weeks. On 9/8 we checked the online account which stated the I-485 was approved and an approval notice was mailed that date. We thought it probably was the green card they had mailed, and it was. He received it on Friday, 9/9.

We were married April 2003 in India, so finally we can sit back and relax after going through all this paperwork.
Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation

Attorney2Attorney