X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Waiting for !-360

Hi,
    I just found this website and I didn't find some "waiting for I-360", but I'm surre I'll find someone who will be able to tell me what's going on!!!
    I'm a Pastor and I have a R-1 visa. The Church filled a I-360 application and on Jan 2007 the application was redirected to the California Center. We are waiting for the news... And nothing happens. On April 2008 my son will became 21 years old, and he will not be able to be under my aplication anymore. What to do??? I can't fill the I-485 and my son will have to leave the US???

Hi,
    I just found this website and I didn't find some "waiting for I-360", but I'm surre I'll find someone who will be able to tell me what's going on!!!
    I'm a Pastor and I have a R-1 visa. The Church filled a I-360 application and on Jan 2007 the application was redirected to the California Center. We are waiting for the news... And nothing happens. On April 2008 my son will became 21 years old, and he will not be able to be under my aplication anymore. What to do??? I can't fill the I-485 and my son will have to leave the US???

Comment

Can anyone help with this question?
      -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      God Bless America - God Bless Immigrants - God Bless Poor Misguided Souls Too

National Domestic Violence Hotline:
      1.800.799.SAFE (7233) 1.800.787.

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Pastor:
        ... On April 2008 my son will became 21 years old, and he will not be able to be under my aplication anymore. What to do??? I can't fill the I-485 and my son will have to leave the US??? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Try your best to avoid the pain of separation. First thing that you should be concerned about is to maintain the legality of his stay. Is he on R-2 visa? If so, you can try to convert his status to F-1 or M-1 before he turns 21. Another thing, discuss with your attorney (or with your organization's legal consultant) the chance of your son's CSPA (Child Status Protection Act of 2002) eligibility. He might also be entitled to file concurrently with you when you file your I-485 in the future despite his age. I-360 (like I-130) is an immigrant petition, so why not explore this possibility?

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by davdah:
          The Ca service center is currently reviewing applications received April 2007. Look here </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
          That is true, but my I-360, which was sent to Califonia on jan/26/2007, have no news, they don't have any notice for me...

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Rough Neighbor:
            <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Pastor:
            ... On April 2008 my son will became 21 years old, and he will not be able to be under my aplication anymore. What to do??? I can't fill the I-485 and my son will have to leave the US??? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Try your best to avoid the pain of separation. First thing that you should be concerned about is to maintain the legality of his stay. Is he on R-2 visa? If so, you can try to convert his status to F-1 or M-1 before he turns 21. Another thing, discuss with your attorney (or with your organization's legal consultant) the chance of your son's CSPA (Child Status Protection Act of 2002) eligibility. He might also be entitled to file concurrently with you when you file your I-485 in the future despite his age. I-360 (like I-130) is an immigrant petition, so why not explore this possibility? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thank you, I will send to my consultant.

Comment

All the best!

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Rough Neighbor:
                All the best! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
                I speak with my consultant and he said that there is no way to apply CSPA for my son. Them I came back to the same position: Nothing to do! Is that true???

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation