Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• immigration marriage

Back in September of 2005 my boyfriend and I were having financial difficulties and got an offer for me to marry a foreigner who has papers to be here in America until November 2006 but then is supposed to be sent back to his country. He would need to marry a U.S. citizen and go through immigration in order to recieve permanent residency. We are married now but rarely ever speak. We haven't spoken in months. I don't know what he has done with the marriage liscence or what kinds of forms he has filled out. He has not told me anything or said he needed anything from me. I have not accepted all of the money nor do I want it. I want to be out of this marriage but I don't know how to go about it. I really need help. I have no idea where to even begin. Thank you.

Back in September of 2005 my boyfriend and I were having financial difficulties and got an offer for me to marry a foreigner who has papers to be here in America until November 2006 but then is supposed to be sent back to his country. He would need to marry a U.S. citizen and go through immigration in order to recieve permanent residency. We are married now but rarely ever speak. We haven't spoken in months. I don't know what he has done with the marriage liscence or what kinds of forms he has filled out. He has not told me anything or said he needed anything from me. I have not accepted all of the money nor do I want it. I want to be out of this marriage but I don't know how to go about it. I really need help. I have no idea where to even begin. Thank you.

Comment

If you entered the marriage for any other reason other than love, you have committed a fraud. The man seems to have entered the country legally so you connot report him as an illegal. The one things you can do is to see if your state has a time period that can allow you to annul the marriage. For example, Nevada has a one year annulment time, so if you want u can cancel the marriage in a year. That seems to be your safest way out. I hope you have an attorney that can better assist you.

Comment

just goes to show that there is no shortage of village idiots, who will marry any scumbag illegal in order to help that person scam their way into a green card. The human gene pool is spiraling downward.

Comment

it was the biggest mistake I have ever made. I know what I did was wrong. This person was a friend of my boyfriends. I realize what I did was not a good thing. But I can assure you I am not a village idiot. But I understand how you feel. All I am asking is for some advise, so if you don't have any "real" advise, please post your replies elsewhere. Thank you.

Comment

..."I know what I did was wrong..." -- if you really knew it, why did you do it? Oh yea, money and desperation. I forgot. The 2 most common reasons for village idiots to marry visa and border cheats.
            Anyone with in IQ about 80 would 'know' that entering into marriage fraud is wrong. Since you did marry, well, no Mensa membership for you.
            "I have not accepted all the money..."-- gee, I guess that makes it OK....why not return ALL the money, divorce this dirtbag and call Homeland Security? Show some patriotism. Show some (belated) respect for our laws.

Comment

are you just an angry person who has NEVER made really big mistakes in your life? Geez no one is perfect. Like I said before, your comments are unappreciated if you can give some helpful advise. As you can see, I am TRYING to make things right!! God is my ONLY judge..not YOU! Find something useful to do with your time. Have a wonderful day!

Comment

OBEY the law, moron. God doesn't control our borders, dufus. Although everyone has a mind, many, like yours, are much smaller in capacity than others. So, take some advice....call your local DHS office on Monday and tell them what has happened, divorce this **** and restore your patriotism. God won't call or write.
                The very fact that you are reluctant to do anything real except whine only demonstrates your (a) IQ of 74 (b) complete desperation for love (c) a total lack of respect of our rules and the soveriegnty of the United States of America.

Comment

Someone12 at it's best, as usual

Comment

Thank you.

Comment

I will take te advise of the 1st person, your the moron. I didn't sign up here for your rude judgment. Shut up and go find something productive to do other than harass people.

Comment

Back in September of '05, my boyfriend and I were having financial difficulties. I got an offer to marry a foreigner who has papers to be here in America until November of '06. He needed to marry a U.S. citizen and go through immigration in order to receive permanent residency, so I married him. But now, we rarely ever speak. In fact, we haven't spoken in months! I don't know what he's done with the marriage license or what kinds of forms he's filled out so far. He has not told me or said he needed anything rom me. I have not accepted all of the money, nor do I want it anymore. I want to get out of this marriage, but I don't know how to go about it. I really need help. I have no idea even where to begin. Thank you.
                        You should hire an atty. and also contact the USCIS to tell them the truth.

I bet you were paid half of the money before the marriage and got fooled into believing you'd get the other half after he rcv'd his Green Card, but ever since the paperwork went in he's disappeared, b/c besides the interview, he technically doesn't really need you for nothing else.

And what kind of BF would even agree with and support his woman getting married to a friend of his in the first place, in exchange for money?

Comment

Best advice for you is to seek counseling, marriage or otherwise.
                          "Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence." John Adams on Defense of the boston Massacre

Comment

You should hire an atty. and also contact the USCIS to tell them the truth.

I bet you were paid half of the money before the marriage and got fooled into believing you'd get the other half after he rcv'd his Green Card, but ever since the paperwork went in he's disappeared, b/c besides the interview, he technically doesn't really need you for nothing else.

And what kind of BF would even agree with and support his woman getting married to a friend of his in the first place, in exchange for money?
                            Ever heard of EITC fraud. The Earned Income Tax Credit, sometimes referred to as the fornication credit, uses the same tactics. Unfortuneately, the woman was used more or less like a prostitute or concubine. Hence why I suggested counseling, but not exactly marriage counseling.
                            "Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence." John Adams on Defense of the boston Massacre

Comment

You married him in Sep 2005. It's been only 9 months, which means I assume he hasn't gotten his green card yet? This is what you have to do.

1. Your husband and you will be called in for an ajustment interview at immigration office. Whatever happens or how much he demands, do not go to the interview with him. This makes it difficult for him to adjust his status.

2. Remove your name on any joint account with him (e.g., bank accounts, lease, utilty bills,etc) This gives him no evidence to submit to immigration.

3. Dump your boyfriend. Any guy who allow his girlfriend to marry his buddy for money is a dirtbag. Most guys will get a job scrubbing toilet for living before they allow that.

4. Annul the marriage if you can, if not, devorce him.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation