A#

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I couldn't say why you were issued two numbers...I just know that it seems to happen more often than not! I'm told that it could cause delays (moreso than problems), having multiple numbers. But they should and ususally DO catch the duplication. It IS possible that something could have been misspelt, or the like. Who knows! You might want to consider letting CIS know that you were given two numbers.

When I do get back to my own computer, I'll do a look-up and find where I saved the info and post the link here.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by herbit:
    I dont understand why USCIS would give me a new number when my parents filed my I-130? It will be 62 days from the time I filed my I-485 until the day of my interview. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
    :taz: What GOES around, COMES around!! :taz:

Comment

That I'm not sure. I was only 14. I was interested in other things back then. LOL. So it's possible that they left it blank. Even though I have 2 different A#'s, I think USCIS is moving quick on things? I didn't think I was going to get an interview this fast. I was thinking sometime at the end of the year. Do you think that's weird that they would call me in so quick?

Comment

That's gotta be it aneri. I'll bet if he checks with his parents, he'll find that they probably didn't have it at the time.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">quote by aneri:
        yes, but when your parents filed I-130, did they use A# you had or left that blank? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Glad 2 year CIS is moving quickly 4U. Hope all works out 4U, herbit

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by herbit:
        That I'm not sure. I was only 14. I was interested in other things back then. LOL. So it's possible that they left it blank. Even though I have 2 different A#'s, I think USCIS is moving quick on things? I didn't think I was going to get an interview this fast. I was thinking sometime at the end of the year. Do you think that's weird that they would call me in so quick? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Comment

Thanks Ex-of-BP-horn. I appreciate it. I also take back the whole insinuation thing.

Comment

re: Multiple A#'s ...

I just realized I hadn't posted the information that I said I would ~ about 'Multiple A #'s'. I have a link, but it's quite lengthy, so I copied the info below. If anybody wants the link, I'll be happy to post it.

I had done a search @ ILW.COM which brought up a page entitled "I-485 Standard Operating Procedure" in .pdf version.

Here's what I found there ~ about multiple A #'s:

[underline]Section 3: Central Index System/ G-325A Processing, Continued[/underline]

Review by Case Resolution Unit

Description The Case Resolution Unit (CRU) will review all of the multiple A-numbers or discrepant A-numbers identified during the CIS check. These A-numbers will include the applicant's primary A-number (if any), any additional Anumbers, any data discrepancies, as well as any receipt files. The CRU will determine which files to request for file consolidation and will circle and initial the correct A-number on the processing worksheet and indicate which additional A-numbers (if any) relate. (Notations on the processing worksheet should be made in the space provided for multiple A-numbers.) If the CRU identifies an A-number with a violation, the CRU will modify the I-765 and the I-131 to block automatic granting of the concurrent filing. After review, CRU should return the files to resume normal processing.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ex-Of-BP-Horn:
            I couldn't say why you were issued two numbers...I just know that it seems to happen more often than not! I'm told that it could cause delays (moreso than problems), having multiple numbers. But they should and ususally DO catch the duplication. It IS possible that something could have been misspelt, or the like. Who knows! You might want to consider letting CIS know that you were given two numbers.

When I do get back to my own computer, I'll do a look-up and find where I saved the info and post the link here.

I dont understand why USCIS would give me a new number when my parents filed my I-130? It will be 62 days from the time I filed my I-485 until the day of my interview. </div></BLOCKQUOTE> </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed