Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I-485 question

I have applied for I 485 through marriage to a citizen. I just got a letter saying they need more evidence/information. Well, I haven't got the letter yet, but saw the case status on the internet. I am a bit worried. My case is fine except for two things:

a) I have had two misdemeanors during school but I have finished my probations and complied with all the terms of it. It was almost 4 years ago.

b) I came with my mother on a visitor visa. The passport was lost/stolen; we have a police report for that. However, we still have the I94 that was given to us when we entered in 1989. The I94 was never returned because we never left, but it shows we came legally. The I94 worries me because it is just a piece of paper, with the date stamped, the arrival location, and my name hand written. I am wondering if this I94 will allow me to change status. Will the USCIS need more evidence? We don't have the passport so we don't have proof of visa, but the I94 we have.

Someone let me know what they think based on experience and knowledge.

One more thing, I have go a letter for biometric alreay and this I485 notice came afterwards. And what do they do during the biometrics?

I have applied for I 485 through marriage to a citizen. I just got a letter saying they need more evidence/information. Well, I haven't got the letter yet, but saw the case status on the internet. I am a bit worried. My case is fine except for two things:

a) I have had two misdemeanors during school but I have finished my probations and complied with all the terms of it. It was almost 4 years ago.

b) I came with my mother on a visitor visa. The passport was lost/stolen; we have a police report for that. However, we still have the I94 that was given to us when we entered in 1989. The I94 was never returned because we never left, but it shows we came legally. The I94 worries me because it is just a piece of paper, with the date stamped, the arrival location, and my name hand written. I am wondering if this I94 will allow me to change status. Will the USCIS need more evidence? We don't have the passport so we don't have proof of visa, but the I94 we have.

Someone let me know what they think based on experience and knowledge.

One more thing, I have go a letter for biometric alreay and this I485 notice came afterwards. And what do they do during the biometrics?

Comment

What kind of misdemeanors you had? If they are of moral turpitude then there will be problems especially when there are 2.

I-94 is basically your tracking number, you shouldn't have any problems.
      YOu may want to setup an Infopass appointment and discuss with INS about the evedience missing?

Comment

Wait to receive RFE first, THEN (based on what Evidence requested) you can post your question if there is something you don't understand.

For I-130/I-485 related questions you may want to visit and post your questions here:

http://boards.immigrationportal.com/...splay.php?f=39

Good Luck,
        IE

Comment

My misdemeanors were MIP and MIC, minor with alcohol and minor in comsumption of alcohol. I am not really worried about those, but the I94 is worring. Do they have records even though it wsant returned? I am just being too worried, but this process right now is a huge part of my life so I think that would explain it.

What is done at the biometric?

Comment

You mean Bio Code 2 ?
            Index print + your signature.
            It's used to produce the actual card.

Good Luck,
            IE

Comment

Thanks IE, this side of you is nice to see. Please keep up the good work.

Comment

You are welcome.

Which side of me isn't nice?

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources