Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Petition withdrawal

I am a US citizen and my husband was granted a conditional permanent residence in Feb 2007 for two years. I have recently filed for divorce and discovered he had previous been married but used another name. I was unaware of this and he also falsified it on all of the immigration paper work which granted his current status.

How do I go about withdrawing my petition. I believe this marriage was fraud. What should I do?

I am a US citizen and my husband was granted a conditional permanent residence in Feb 2007 for two years. I have recently filed for divorce and discovered he had previous been married but used another name. I was unaware of this and he also falsified it on all of the immigration paper work which granted his current status.

How do I go about withdrawing my petition. I believe this marriage was fraud. What should I do?

Comment

Hi aprilrains

Busted!

Sorry to hear of your nightmare, and hope you are doing alright.

In anyway, he only has a conditional card, and the conditions have to be removed. did you file a joint 751 form to make his card permanent? If you did not, then dont.

Actually, you should file for annulment based on marriage fraud if you have the evidence. this way he cannot get any marital assets.

Write a letter to uscis and reference his name and a#. include evidence of the fraud. also tell them you want to withdraw affidavit of support based on the fraud. If possible, make a trip to local office and ask to speak to ICE unit and persoanlly give them the evidence and letter. it will be placed in his file , as they will request his file from the service center.

Depending on if you filed 751 yet, they will probably just let his condition card run out and terminate his status and place him in removal proceedings.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation