Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ead pending 485

Does any one know if there is anything in writting from immigration that some one who has a pending case is entitled to get a work permit while the application for perm. residence is being processed. I am trying to get a mortgage and the bank is concerned if immigration will renew my ead. They are looking for some assurance that once my current ead exipres, immigration will issue me another one while my aos is being processed. Thanks

Does any one know if there is anything in writting from immigration that some one who has a pending case is entitled to get a work permit while the application for perm. residence is being processed. I am trying to get a mortgage and the bank is concerned if immigration will renew my ead. They are looking for some assurance that once my current ead exipres, immigration will issue me another one while my aos is being processed. Thanks

Comment

First of all, did you apply for an EAD with your I-485? If you did, then you will get a new one from USCIS. If you didn't, you need to because it is not automatic. However, I can't tell you when you'll get it because it depends on when you applied. Check the processing times on the USCIS website for more info. As for evidence from immigration, I think you can show your bank your receipt notice for EAD from USCIS, and maybe print out the case status info online, for the EAD. That might reassure them that your case is pending.

Comment

Yes I did apply for an ead and got it. It is about to expire and I have applied for a renewal. The bank is asking for something in writting statiting that immigration will continue to issue me ead until 485 is approved. I am trying to find something that says that. Any help would be appreciated.
        Thanks

Comment

when did you apply for AOS (I-485)? Because, if it's taking so long for you to get approved, you need to make an infopass appointment to find out why. You might find out when your EAD will be approved from USCIS too. You should also post this question on www.visajourney.com. Someone should be able to answer your questions.

Comment

If your current EAD is about to expire and you are going to file to renew it, the process is the same as the first time around with the exception that you need to check off the renewal box on the application and fill in the portion as to when you applied for the current one. Immigration suggests that you apply for renewal 100 days before the current one expires. Once you apply for renewal it takes about 90 days to get it approved or denied. However, I do not believe you can get a letter stating that it will be approved/renewed. However, please let me know if you find something besides what I stated.

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by javaid:
              Yes I did apply for an ead and got it. It is about to expire and I have applied for a renewal. The bank is asking for something in writting statiting that immigration will continue to issue me ead until 485 is approved. I am trying to find something that says that. Any help would be appreciated.
              Thanks </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

There is no guarantee that you would continually be approved for EAD.

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Yes I did apply for an ead and got it. It is about to expire and I have applied for a renewal. The bank is asking for something in writting statiting that immigration will continue to issue me ead until 485 is approved. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I have never heard of any bank asking for immigration papers, although it does seem suspicious to be applying for a loan when you're almost about to stop working and don't know if you will again either.

The bank needs to know you'll pay them back.

Comment

They may or may not re issue you the EAD. Immigration will NOT gaurantee anything. You will have to wait until you are a permanent resident to get that mortgage. Immigration assume that if you have you 485 in for approval, that you will have your GC within the year. If you submitted your 485 documents, and you have not had any info about your application - you need to find out why. You need to make that Info pass appointment.

Comment

Banks do ask for immigration status.

Comment

Many mortgage lenders don't even ask for proof of income, why would they ask about immigration status? Seems that the only requirment has been to have a pulse. These loans are packaged and sold to the goverment. No harm no foul...right?

Indeed the lending policies of the past 7 years are coming to a head. Soon we will see a terrible crash in the housing market and the consequences will reverberate throuhout the economy.

A bad economy creates bad feeling for foreigners.

Just yesterday they announced on CNBC that we have reached an all time high level of housing forclosure. We have not seen this many since the great depression!

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation