X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• compassionate cases

Hi

I am talking to various reporters and TV producers and looking for anyone who has suffered emotional or financial hardship as a result of errors and delays. legal immigrants only please

If you would be interested in sharing your story please go to www.expatvoice.org You will need to join then send me a pm with your contact details

Susie

Hi

I am talking to various reporters and TV producers and looking for anyone who has suffered emotional or financial hardship as a result of errors and delays. legal immigrants only please

If you would be interested in sharing your story please go to www.expatvoice.org You will need to join then send me a pm with your contact details

Susie

Comment

With all due respect, this is nonsense.

Immigrating to America is a privilege, not a right, and the process is complicated and bureaucratic.

Immigrants have no right to complain about perceived hardships endured during the process.

America doesn't need bellyaching immigrants.

Comment

Nonsense? How about you losing your house that YOU've earned, your job that YOU were most qualified to do, your so needed health insurance that YOU were PAYING for when you have a cancer due to someone's incompetence?

How about all the lies, fraud, corruption and power abuse in that same bureacratic entity? Where this country ends up when the "truth" about immigration is a Lie very so often.

Why people come to this country? Most of us have skills and knowledge that born citizens were too lazy to aquire. This country is about opportunities, chnaces and advancement. Look at who are doctors and lawyers and company owners here? Yes, kids of the parents who came here to give them the chance.

Why would people have NO RIGHT to complain? Because you are not born here? Well, wake up call - ever heard of the charter babies? The birth tours? The booming business aimed to avoid this chauvinistic approach of the birth right?

Exactly.
        It's just my opinion. NOT a leagl advice.

Comment

QT: If you think that America is so bad, and Americans are apparently so lazy and illiterate, and the bureaucracy is so full of "corruption and power abuse," why didn't you stay in your own...er, wonderful country?

The point that I was making is that immigrants willingly enter the immigration bureaucracy, with the understanding that there are no guarantees. If you didn't want the hassles, you should have stayed in your own country where you would not have had to endure such uncertainty.

I am sorry to hear that you lost your job at some point...and the benefits that accrue with same...however, you must have lost your employment authorization at some stage because you were NOT ENTITLED to continue working. That is one of the pitfalls of working in ANY country as a non-immigrant, and you understood that when you obtained your visa.

Having been through the immigration bureaucracy myself, I well understand this. Unlike you, however, I am grateful for having been given the opportunity to live in the best country in the world.

Comment

SD, unfortunately, I had NO choice of staying in my country or coming here. I was under the contract and it was the company's decision to tranfer me to USA.

I've lost my job when my status was terminated due to the incompetence of the Immigration Officer who later tried to cover up their actions. They needed my life and my file to arrest their own born US Citizen. In the process, they "forgot" to notify me about it, thus endangering my life and the lives of other innocent people! They did not want to take responsibility for making me to bail the criminal and lunatic from the jail, so he could harm more people.

And yes, a lot of heads will be flying off once the case will be open to public. And why? because of that same attitude some "officials" have in common with you: "you don't like here, go back". I've been advised, told, whispered, threatened, blackmailed to make me do so - all in order to save their jobs. But I've learned quickly - it's not my business to worry about what happens to them. They didn't think about me.

Sorry, but I've spent a good portion of my life establishing my life here, and no one can tell me now what and where I or anyone else should go.

And yes, I am not THAT grateful for the opportunities I had to work for so hard just for them to be taken away.

And yes, I won't drop everything, but will make those who abused their power pay for everything I've lost.

It happens often - very often as a matter of fact. They don't advertise settlements with immigrant plaintiffs in Civil courts. You don't hear about it a lot, because it's a shame for the system, but you would be surprised how often that same Bureaucracy has to pay up for their errors.

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SunDevilUSA:
              With all due respect, this is nonsense.

Immigrating to America is a privilege, not a right, and the process is complicated and bureaucratic.

Immigrants have no right to complain about perceived hardships endured during the process.

America doesn't need bellyaching immigrants. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hi

I do agree with you that it is a privilege to live in the USA however I take exception at your comnment about bellyaching

No one is bellyaching just asking for compassion! The USA has a humaine soceity for animals but not people !!

Wonder how does that make the USC's lawmkers and citizens feel ? Selfish I hope

We are working to help legal immigrants and USC's with immigration issues for example

A true case,

A USC has parents abroad who are failing in health and may need URGENT family assistance to care for them.

Yes a USC can go to parents home country, but how can the USC just up sticks in an emergency situation? Leave his wife in the USA and children would not be possible

And Yes a USC could sponser parents, however this could take months or years depending on courty of origin, name checks, cases getting lost

So a compassionate visa (if brought into law) would be a quick fix, Doucmentary evidence could be left with the American consulate abroad and verified within 24-48 hrs and stamped place in parents passport. It can be done

True case no 2

Husband and wife are legal in the USA on E1/E2 visa

The husband passes away. The wifes work autho is immeadiatley cancelled at death of husband

Wife can inherit the business but NOT his visa status

Wife has to sell business, go to probate, bury husband, sell home at leave the USA techincally straight away

However , she was given 30 days to part the USA, some good that was !

True case No 3

LPR petitons for wife and children, The wife and one child have LPR approved, remaining childs case got lost

Husband diagnosed terminal and passed away within two weeks.

As the petitioner died the case died with him so one child is now out on a limb.

Mother may have to re-petition for child. The service centre is backlogged to 1886 so will take years for family to be all together

So, Sorry if you feel this is bellyaching, maybe now you will agree that there are serious cases of legals that need some compassion and help

I am a LPR, but still willing to help others and would like to think you are in the minority. You have obviously emigrated to the USA and may well have sailed through the system but many do not

[/QUOTE]

Comment

duplicate post

Comment

Susie: with all due respect, but each of your cases does not necessarily show the United States in a bad light.

Case 1: Naturalized U.S. citizen originally immigrated to America, knowing that parents were in a foreign country...and that they would grow old. So, now, they "suddenly" require care...suddenly?? Exactly why is this America's responsibility?

Case 2: Husband and wife on E-1/E-2 visa, but the husband passes away. Both the husband and the wife understood the terms of their visas when they obtained them...and surely understood the risks inherent in running a business in a foreign country on a non-immigrant visa. Again, why is this America's responsibility?

Case 3: I am sorry that one child's case was misplaced...but, surely, the mother and other sibling didn't immigrate without said child?

Comment

The parents of the child had no choice but for child to follow to join due to medical and education situation and not their fault at all for the delays, errors and stress caused

My point is that America does not have ANY compassion and not even a third world country !

Lots of people who come to the USA for whatever reason are mislead by so called professionals and even robed of thousands of dollars

There is a case pending in the state of Florida where by a man acting as immigration attorney took large sums of money for escrow to purchase a business and disappeared with the money !

At present 22 victims have come forward and each have paid between $200,000 to $400,000. One hell of a scam.

Why should illegals have the right to gain a path to LPR when so many honest people wait in the queing system only to get sh-t on!

Too many people nowadays have the attitude #I am all right Jack and S-d everyone else#

Guess you and I will always beg to differ in whether or not people deserve any compassionate treatment

Comment

Ok here is another true story

Husband, wife and two children live in the USA they have joint E visa's

The wife is only 49 years old and diagnosed with brain tumor.

The mother in the uk applies for B visa so she can come and nurse daughter for up to 6 months and take care of the two young children

The visa was DENIED as the consulate ASSUMED the mnother to want to jump ship and become an illegal

There are too many true deserving cases to post here but trust me there are thousands more

Comment

The same happened to me.

I had to go through the surgery to remove my brain tumor while it was a decent size a couple of years ago. 50% chances of becoming a complete vegetable for at least some time after the surgery. Had no one here, in the States, besides my estranged fraud of a "husband", who was disgusted thinking that I had the "alien" in me (tumor). He was also too busy planning his escape from the country seeing no future use of me for him.

They denied visa's to my parents to come take care of me during the recovery as well. And I haven't had a surgery.

Comment

Susie: If America is such a terrible country, why don't you go home to your country of origin...otherwise known as "paradise on earth."

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SunDevilUSA:
                            Susie: with all due respect, but each of your cases does not necessarily show the United States in a bad light. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
                            NO one here is stating that the US is a bad country. What they are suggesting is that the federal agency has, on occasion, made errouneous errors that have affected people's lives. That is a huge difference.
                            <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Case 1: Naturalized U.S. citizen originally immigrated to America, knowing that parents were in a foreign country...and that they would grow old. So, now, they "suddenly" require care...suddenly?? Exactly why is this America's responsibility? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
                            I hate to be a relative of yours SD. The US government is not paying the medical bills of the US citizen's relative. But the law does allow USC to apply for specific immidiate relatives to come and live in the US. But still, since the relative is not a USC, certain government welfare programs will be unavailable to the immigrant. More than likely, the USC will have private insurance to help pay for medical costs. But the unreasonableness is for the USC petitioner and applicant to wait 5, 10, 15, or even 20 years to be approved. That is one of the problems with the current immigration law. Now since you have not been outside the county you live in, in most countries, even with more restrictive immigration codes, the processing times is far less, like 6 months.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Case 2: Husband and wife on E-1/E-2 visa, but the husband passes away. Both the husband and the wife understood the terms of their visas when they obtained them...and surely understood the risks inherent in running a business in a foreign country on a non-immigrant visa. Again, why is this America's responsibility? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
                            I should say to you don't leave your glass house, but I won't. Yes, owning a business no matter which country you are in is risky, but that is not to include the fact which the principle business owner became deceased. That is not part of the risk assessment of owning and operating a business. Again, based on an unusual set of circumstances, there was no provision for the spouse to adjust the status that would allow her to remain after the stressful circumstance of losing a husband.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Case 3: I am sorry that one child's case was misplaced...but, surely, the mother and other sibling didn't immigrate without said child? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
                            This is not the only case. I have a friend in which USCIS has misplaced the case three times and has delayed the green card for the spouse of at least 2 years. This is common with USCIS because it has hired incompetent immigration officers to process the case. And since I used to work for a Federal agency, I can give you first hand experience that this is way too common.
                            "Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence." John Adams on Defense of the boston Massacre

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by susie:
                              Ok here is another true story

Husband, wife and two children live in the USA they have joint E visa's

The wife is only 49 years old and diagnosed with brain tumor.

The mother in the uk applies for B visa so she can come and nurse daughter for up to 6 months and take care of the two young children

The visa was DENIED as the consulate ASSUMED the mnother to want to jump ship and become an illegal

There are too many true deserving cases to post here but trust me there are thousands more </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
                              Technically, this should have never been denied, but it is all too common. They should remove all visa applications from the State deptartment's foreign officer's handling and have USCIS offices overseas to help process non-immigrant visas.
                              "Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence." John Adams on Defense of the boston Massacre

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation