Ronald Reagan's Birth Certificate

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aha! Oh yeah, those 'pending' bills! Truth be told, this very fringe movement is what's giving the central GOP headquarters (or lack of it) stomach cramps and hair-pulling episodes.

If your party ignored it, you'd alienate the tea partiers, which is another fast-growing movement within your party. If you don't, it'd play in the hands of dems that you lack genuine agenda to check the nation's ills (that your party coincidentally created in the first place).

Actually, all this offers an eye opener that history, indeed, repeats itself. Look up former President Chester Arthur.

Comment

• That's right Hudson, the citizens of this country have been denied their question be answered. Because of that, it burns the more.

As I've just stated, if it were superfluous there wouldn't be the number of prominent states and legislatures with the same question. This has gone well beyond the boundaries of what defines fringe. It needs to be answered in full clearly, truthfully, and without hiding anything.

RN, you've touched on economics. Trying to blame the republicans for the disaster are we?

The root cause of it all is over extended credit. Which party overtly favors spending beyond their means? The democrats in practice and theory have always favored this financially destructive tendency. Once it comes full circle, they do that other famous democrat attribute, blame someone else.

In the present circumstance housing triggered the collapse. Housing which became grossly over priced due to democrat inspired legislation that demanded everyone had a right to own one. Too many customers creates the Denmark tulip effect. Smart money catches the dead cat bounce so there is some benefit to this so long as your not caught holding bought at the top.

Arthur's term has no similarity to present circumstances. He wasn't even a democrat so the dangling thread your attempting to connect to is cut short on party alone.
      This message brought to you by the vast right wing conspiracy.

Comment

• Act as if this question wasn't politically motivated. This isn't your original issue even, this was originally Clinton camp's during the primary. You just toed the line after Obama got elected.

It's the housing fiasco that precipitated it all but it's the repub's trickle down, small government and free reign to the oligarchs' whims and caprices that served as antecedent to the economic collapse.

I cited Arthur for the 'natural-born question' that fell on deaf ears, not on partisan divide.

Comment

• I'm glad you mentioned AZ davdah. The bill failed in their Senate:

cpmazrandommusings.blogspot.com
          "What you see in the photograph isn't what you saw at the time. The real skill of photography is organized visual lying."

Comment

• Complicit conspirators

"...but led by Democrats Kyrsten Sinema and Steve Gallardo, the committee turned the bill back....."

More to follow shortly....

Comment

• If the issue was Clinton's to begin with, I'd be surprised. Next thing you'll be claiming is Hilory is a teabagger.

You've got your economics mixed up RN. Trickle down was to bolster business activity which results in new jobs. A far cry from the runaway loose lending practices mandated by democrats. That antecedents to Carter, not Reagan. If a lender is required to lend to people who obviously can't repay, what would you expect to happen?

Actually, we got a double whammy. Since the pool of potential borrowers nearly doubled it drove the prices up on the limited supply of homes. That compounded the problem since an even greater portion of household discretionary income was required to pay for housing at a quickened pace. Hence, the vertical price increases early on. Although housing tried to play catch up, which is why we had the false appearance of good times due to so much construction work, it didn't last. You can't eat your house or drive it to work.

Most of those loans were ARM so all it took to accelerate the collapse was a slight shift in the prime rate. It would have happened regardless even if the rates weren't increased. It would have taken a tad longer is all. Reason being, the amount necessary to pay for the home took too much away from all other purchases causing a slowdown in all other sectors. That leads to layoffs and people losing their homes. The vicious cycle continues until the discretionary income available is enough to support the remaining economy.

In one sense the lightening quick implosion was a good thing. It made the events crystal clear and easy to follow enabling those with insight to take advantage of the obvious consequences.

Comment

• No, not that. What I'm saying is that the birthers' crusade is rooted on the politically-motivated jockeying for nomination between two dems, not yours originally in the first place. You were silent about it back then because you laughed off the prospect of a minority candidate to get elected as president: your mistake. You picked the issue up because since inauguration till three years on, you're still in Kubler-Ross model's denial and anger stages. So why not target his eligibility for not being natural-born? And when that gets resolved, you'd next say: hey, he's a dual citizen by birth! and so on.

To blame the dems for the current mess alone means you're having a deep hang-over of the McCain-Palin campaign or listening too much to Pat Buchanan.

Comment

• Oh yes RN, that dual-citizen claim. It's true he did hold both US and Kenyan (British) citizenship at birth BUT he lost his Kenyan citizenship at age 23:

But the paper failed to note that the Kenyan Constitution prohibits dual citizenship for adults. Kenya recognizes dual citizenship for children, but Kenya's Constitution specifies that at age 23, Kenyan citizens who possesses citizenship in more than one country automatically lose their Kenyan citizenship unless they formally renounce any non-Kenyan citizenship and swear an oath of allegiance to Kenya.

Since Sen. Obama has neither renounced his U.S. citizenship nor sworn an oath of allegiance to Kenya, his Kenyan citizenship automatically expired on Aug. 4,1984.

Factcheck.org

Nice try Birthers but once again, you are found to be economical with the truth. It's no wonder the courts keep turning down the so-called evidence offered (to date). They hold no legal water whatsoever.
                  "What you see in the photograph isn't what you saw at the time. The real skill of photography is organized visual lying."

Comment

• But, Brit, don't underestimate their own capabilities to self-destruct. Even some conservatives 'have dismissed and ridiculed the so-called "birther" claims as "conspiracy theories" that are "embarrassing and destructive" and are espoused by "crazy, nutburger, demagogue, money-hungry, exploitative, irresponsible, filthy conservative impostors."' Please note that these are their own supposed allies' words, not mine.

Comment

• And not a single name given as to who said it I might add. Of course, because, if something was said it's been humongously embellished, twisted, and turned into what the Dems are most famous for, a lie.

My estimation of obama not winning had nothing to do with your race baiting innuendo. The fact is. You are the racist because you mention these attributes falsely without even the slightest smidget of supportive evidence in all circumstances. It is a dead give away to use something the individual lacks in character as a weapon to insult with due to the subconscious presumption the adversary must as well. Same applies to the ga.yish nonsense from last week.

My actual bet against him premised on my belief the American people would not buy the hooplah of a free lunch and Eutopia when things looked economically grim. I was wrong. It became crystal clear as the calamity unfolded with it being discovered the root of it all was people buying homes they knew they couldn't afford. If they'll do that, they'll fall for just about anything if the pitch is good enough. Hence, the success of a Hollywood based campaign over substance and truth.

BTW, I don't listen to Pat B. and I don't hold the repubs harmless either. McCain and some of the others should have fought a lot harder years back when they were trying to uncover the fraud that was Fannie mae and freddie mac. All the presidents since Carter should have had third party verification done on the reports from the housing committee and not believed the installed democrat bureaucrats pumping out the lie that housing was just fine.

Comment

• Originally posted by davdah:
                        That's right Hudson, the citizens of this country have been denied their question be answered. Because of that, it burns the more.

As I've just stated, if it were superfluous there wouldn't be the number of prominent states and legislatures with the same question. This has gone well beyond the boundaries of what defines fringe. It needs to be answered in full clearly, truthfully, and without hiding anything.
                        You cannot have it both ways Davdah. If the court is denying you to even ask the question, then you cannot blame the defense for not answering it in the first place. Nevertheless, the question has been asked and answered outside of court with the electoral college, the national vote, the FEC, Congress, and the swearing in ceremony by Chief Justice Roberts. This is a moot point now and it now needs to be laid to rest permenantly.

Second, there are better ways to criticize the President on both idealogical and political grounds that can get votes if you use political ads efficiently. Rove, Gingrich, and other prominemnt Republicans have all said that the brither cause will hurt the November election than it will help. Heed their warnings or be like the Dems in 1984. Your choice Davdah, your consequences as well.

Finally, the birther issue is now a dead issue, pun intended. If you want to be like Orly Taitz, I have a 8x8x8 white padded room for both of you. Again, the choice is yours and the consequence of your actions are yours.

Congrats Davdah.
                        "Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence." John Adams on Defense of the boston Massacre

Comment

• But, in the end, still hiding his birth certificate, which is telling. It says more than any of the ramblings of BritNut, RNut, or Hudson.

Comment

• It hasn't been answered to the constitution and that trumps the electorial college, national vote, FEC, and congress.

All that aside, sure, there is plenty to criticize. The economy for one but that's to my immediate benefit. The longer it stays stalled and sputtering the more asset discounts abound. Kind of like a stuck in the on position blue light switch at k-mart . So, on the one hand I should be praising their actions but on the other it's hosing things up for a lot of people. Mixed feelings with that. My X driving off a cliff, in my new car.

Comment

• Oh yeah, sorry, tactless me. Here's the link:

http://mediamatters.org/research/200907220051

Comment

• Well said Hudson. If the far-Right continue to push the GOP leadership in their direction on this issue then it's a slam dunk for Obama in 2012. The same holds true if they elect Sarah Palin as their candidate (not for the same reason though). This issue will alienate the moderate Repubs and the Independents. Those are the people you have to appeal to in order to win. You will not win by counting on the hardcore votes only. You have choices and there are consequences for those choices.

As for not answering to the Constitution, tell me is the 14th Amendment part of the Constitution or not? Last time I checked it was. Again, he has offered certified proof that he is qualified as per the Constitution to be President. The courts have not listened to your concerns because you Birthers have not proven via evidence that he is not qualified. Come up with some real evidence not hearsay and they will take it on. It's as simple as that.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation