Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ATTN Eagan, MN Chief of Police - No License Required for Immigrant Drivers

A letter to the Eagan, Minnesota Police Department. It's sad children have to die before law enforcement takes illegal immigration serious.

Eagan Police Chief, James McDonald

To: eaganpd@cityofeagan.com
    Subject: ATTN Chief of Police - Illegal Immigrants Authorized to Drive in Eagan, Minnesota - No License Required

Hello,

As a courtesy, I am informing the Eagan Police department that I will be in communication with local media in regards to illegal immigrants driving without driver's licenses. Several Eagan Police department officers did not ticket my wife for driving without a driver's license after witnessing her driving. Sergeant Mason knew my wife was not a U.S. resident and he knew she didn't have a driver's license. He was going to allow my wife to drive without a driver's license or insurance after I called the police for assistance. His partner threatened to arrest me for public disturbance just for respectfully challenging his decision. I informed the officers that I had a witness on site and they backed off from their threat of arrest and prevented my wife from driving. However, my wife was not ticketed for driving to the police department without a license. My wife still drives my car to this date. The Eagan Police department can prevent another tragedy by simply enforcing the law and by not allowing illegal immigrants to drive without a license. By not enforcing the law, the Eagan police department has put my son's life and the life of others at risk each and every time my wife drives illegally.

Judge Martha Simonett of Dakota County granted my wife a car titled in my name even though I argued it was illegal for my wife to drive without a driver's license or insurance. My wife illegally drives to almost every court date and still drives to this date. The judgement for the car does not give my wife a green light to drive in Minnesota. Something is wrong in Minnesota. Why is an illegal immigrant allowed to break the law while lawful citizens are stripped of their rights and arrested on accusations alone?

I am still considering civil actions against the Eagan, Minnesota Police department for arresting me for 5th degree domestic assault in the absence of an assault, gender discrimination and negligence. I was not found guilty of assault in a court of law and prosecutor Tom Lehman did not pursue a domestic assault conviction during my criminal proceeding. My wife's abuse complaints were immigration motivated and she fraudulently used a VAWA immigration loophole to maintain residency at the expense of my well being and reputation.

Sean

A letter to the Eagan, Minnesota Police Department. It's sad children have to die before law enforcement takes illegal immigration serious.

Eagan Police Chief, James McDonald

To: eaganpd@cityofeagan.com
    Subject: ATTN Chief of Police - Illegal Immigrants Authorized to Drive in Eagan, Minnesota - No License Required

Hello,

As a courtesy, I am informing the Eagan Police department that I will be in communication with local media in regards to illegal immigrants driving without driver's licenses. Several Eagan Police department officers did not ticket my wife for driving without a driver's license after witnessing her driving. Sergeant Mason knew my wife was not a U.S. resident and he knew she didn't have a driver's license. He was going to allow my wife to drive without a driver's license or insurance after I called the police for assistance. His partner threatened to arrest me for public disturbance just for respectfully challenging his decision. I informed the officers that I had a witness on site and they backed off from their threat of arrest and prevented my wife from driving. However, my wife was not ticketed for driving to the police department without a license. My wife still drives my car to this date. The Eagan Police department can prevent another tragedy by simply enforcing the law and by not allowing illegal immigrants to drive without a license. By not enforcing the law, the Eagan police department has put my son's life and the life of others at risk each and every time my wife drives illegally.

Judge Martha Simonett of Dakota County granted my wife a car titled in my name even though I argued it was illegal for my wife to drive without a driver's license or insurance. My wife illegally drives to almost every court date and still drives to this date. The judgement for the car does not give my wife a green light to drive in Minnesota. Something is wrong in Minnesota. Why is an illegal immigrant allowed to break the law while lawful citizens are stripped of their rights and arrested on accusations alone?

I am still considering civil actions against the Eagan, Minnesota Police department for arresting me for 5th degree domestic assault in the absence of an assault, gender discrimination and negligence. I was not found guilty of assault in a court of law and prosecutor Tom Lehman did not pursue a domestic assault conviction during my criminal proceeding. My wife's abuse complaints were immigration motivated and she fraudulently used a VAWA immigration loophole to maintain residency at the expense of my well being and reputation.

Sean

Comment

call the media

Comment

Sean, one word of advice: police officers and the police department cannot be sued for doing their jobs if there was enough preponderance of the evidence to arrest you. It will be considered a frivolous lawsuit and dismissed as such. You are acting extrmely foolish, IMHO.
        "Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence." John Adams on Defense of the boston Massacre

Comment

and one more thing for your own good, dont be posting the names online , u dont wanna open doors and get your self in trouble

Comment

@Mike: I guess he's a though guy...
            Ability may get you to the top, but it takes character to keep you there.

Comment

http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5h...CLfIgD8UV4J100

Like the police did here?

Comment

Law enforcement has a responsibility to protect the public from illegal driver's. If I was caught driving without a license or insurance, I would have been sent to jail for a day or so and fined. Why should illegal immigrants be given lienancy while breaking laws?

I tried to reason with the Eagan Police department on several issues. They have always been unreasonable with me while tolerating my wife's law breaking. If it takes a satirical photo of the Eagan Police chief to make them think again about tolerating law breaking, it's worth the few minutes I spent pasting that pig nose on the chief of police. They threatened to arrest me "just because", so I thought I would return the same level of respect.

Law firm, State and County hosts have been trolling my blog all day long. I did forward the picture along to the Eagan Police department as well.

Comment

'Morales' appears in court

Alianiss Nunez Morales,
                  23, of Minneota; driver of the van involved in the fatal bus crash

Read the charges filed against 'Morales'

Read Morales' statement via an interpreter

Read the bus driver's statement

Who is this woman?

MORE ON THE STORY

Bus driver's statement

POLL: Should seat belts be required?

Superintendent's statement

Memorial fund information

Students return to class

Understanding this tragedy

Cottonwood holds memorial

Injured students' progress

Top left: 13-year-old Jesse Javens and brother 9-year-old Hunter Javens of Cottonwood.Bottom left: 9-year-old Emilee Olson of Cottonwood and 12-year-old Reed Stevens of Marshall

MINNEAPOLIS (AP) - A woman who authorities say did not have a driver's license and was using a false identity was charged Friday with four counts of criminal vehicular homicide in a school bus crash that killed four children.

The woman, who identified herself as Alianiss Nunez Morales, 23, of Minneota, was driving a van that failed to stop at a stop sign Tuesday before hitting a bus carrying 28 students from Lakeview School, Lyon County Attorney Richard Maes said. Morales was also charged with a stop sign violation and for driving without a license, Maes said.

The accident happened near the small town of Cottonwood, in southwestern Minnesota.

Morales does not have a Minnesota driver's license, and "she doesn't have a (driver's license) anywhere that we're aware of," said Lt. Mark Peterson of the Minnesota State Patrol.

Authorities said the woman gave them a false name and they believe she is an illegal immigrant. Immigration and Customs Enforcement agents said they were trying to figure out the woman's identity.

ICE filed paperwork to detain her for deportation proceedings after the criminal case is resolved, said Claude Arnold, special agent in charge of investigations.

"The only name we have for her is the name she gave us when she was booked," Arnold said, adding that the woman told authorities she was from Mexico.

"We're going to do everything in our power and authority to ensure justice is served in this case," he said.

According to the criminal complaint filed Friday, Morales used an interpreter to tell police that she stopped at the stop sign.

"She stated that she stopped for the stop sign and that when she took off, the bus hit her," according to a statement of probable cause.

Morales also told police she was driving to Norcraft Cabinetry, where she had been working for a month, and that it was her first time on County Road 24.

The bus driver and at least one motorist said Morales did not stop at the stop sign, court documents said. The bus driver, Dennis Devereaux, told police it appeared the van wasn't going to stop, and "he did not have time to hit the brakes or accelerate."

The criminal vehicular homicide charges are felonies, each punishable by up to 10 years in prison and a $20,000 fine. The other charges are misdemeanors.

Morales was taken by wheelchair to appear in court Friday and spoke through an interpreter, the Marshall Independent reported. She told the judge she had an aunt in the area.

Manuel Guerrero, an attorney who represented Morales at the hearing, said he was concerned about his client being in jail with injuries, the Independent reported. Guerrero declined comment Friday when contacted by The Associated Press.

Reaction to the charges were mixed in Cottonwood, a town of about 1,150 people about 15 miles north of Marshall.

"I think the focus still is on the grieving process," said city administrator Greg Isaackson. "The legal process is going to take care of itself. There's nothing the public can do about that."

At the same time, some wondered if the crash could have been prevented.

"We were angry when we heard that she didn't have a valid license and isn't a citizen. Why was she driving?" asked Phyllis Persoon, whose grandson Bryce Arends was the next stop on Devereaux's bus before the crash.

Rep. Marty Seifert, R-Marshall, said he's gotten a "firestorm" of e-mail from people upset to hear the driver may be an illegal immigrant.

"There's just a lot of emotion and upset people, I think rightfully so, and it's a combination of mourning for the victims and the families," said Seifert, adding that he hoped to bring up legislation aimed at illegal immigration.

Gov. Tim Pawlenty has asked lawmakers for tougher penalties on identity theft and a ban on ordinances in some cities that prevent police from asking people about their immigration status.

"I'll end up tying the floor up for hours myself if they refuse to bring some of these immigration proposals up," Seifert said. Democrats control the House.

Besides what was said in court, little was known about Morales. Pete Van Vooren, owner of Van's Mobile Home Park in Minneota, said the woman had rented a trailer from a third party and had been living there for only about 2½ weeks. Rumors had been flying in Minneota following her arrest, Van Vooren said, but few people knew anything about her.

Norcraft Cabinetry, the company for which Morales told authorities she worked, would not confirm or deny that Morales had been employed there.

"Norcraft Companies and its employees are assisting in providing support to those who have lost loved ones and the company is assisting in investigations related to the accident," Reggie Graham, vice president of human resources, said in a statement.

Five people, four of them students, remained hospitalized at Avera McKennan Hospital & University Health Center in Sioux Falls, S.D., spokesman Kenyon Gleason said. One student was in serious condition, two were in fair and one was in good condition; the adult at the hospital was in fair condition, he said.

School will be canceled Monday as funeral services for Hunter Javens, 9, and Jesse Javens, 13, are held there. Visitation for the brothers will take place at the school Sunday from 5 p.m. to 8 p.m. and Monday from 10 a.m. to 11 a.m., with the funeral service following.

Visitation for Emilee Olson, 9, was set for Saturday from 6 p.m. to 9 p.m. and Sunday from 1 p.m. to 2 p.m. at Christ Lutheran Church in Cottonwood. A funeral service is set for 2 p.m. Sunday at the church.

Visitation for Reed Stevens, 12, will be Wednesday from 5 p.m. to 7 p.m. at Lakeview Public School. Another visitation is set for Thursday from 1 p.m. to 2 p.m. at the school, with a funeral service following.

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SeanPatrick:
                    Law enforcement has a responsibility to protect the public from illegal driver's. If I was caught driving without a license or insurance, I would have been sent to jail for a day or so and fined. Why should illegal immigrants be given lienancy while breaking laws?

I tried to reason with the Eagan Police department on several issues. They have always been unreasonable with me while tolerating my wife's law breaking. If it takes a satirical photo of the Eagan Police chief to make them think again about tolerating law breaking, it's worth the few minutes I spent pasting that pig nose on the chief of police. They threatened to arrest me "just because", so I thought I would return the same level of respect.

Law firm, State and County hosts have been trolling my blog all day long. I did forward the picture along to the Eagan Police department as well. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
                    There is a huge difference between the young woman who failed to stop at a stop sign and your ex wife. Your ex wife has the ability to adjust her status using a self petition, Ms Munoz does not. And just because your ex wife does have a car is not conclusive enough that she is driving without a license. however, if she obeys all the road signs does not do anything stupid like driving under the influence, then the police will not notice her. As Sprint said, you have serious issues. The law firms and legal authorities are snooping your blog for reasons you are unaware of, including criminal mischief.
                    "Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence." John Adams on Defense of the boston Massacre

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by davdah:
                      But she was driving. How did she and the car appear at the police station. Are you saying that its ok as long as she doesn't run a red light? Shouldn't the rules of the road apply even if she is a good driver? By this logic no one should get a license if they haven't been stopped yet. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
                      No, it is an allegation made by Sean Patrick. The problem with the ex wife is that she cannot adjust status unless she files a VAWA or self petition after her divorce is final. There is no evidence of her filing for VAWA, so the divorce self petition is her only option and a complication to her legal status. She cannot go back to her country because of the child and I do not think you are that insipid to suggest she give up her son. Sean Patrick has issues to resolve and sooner or later, it will involve his new girlfriend as well. She is essentially "stuck here" and I think she is trying to move forward. He has not. Having a relationship with another woman on the rebound side is the first step, but he must admit to his own failures as a husband toward her and himself. That takes great humility Davdah. Even in my relationship with my wife, we have arguments, miscommunication, accusations, etc. yet, we acknowledge our misgivings and failures. And part of my problems in my own marriage laid in my past with my parents. But here is the kicker, some of the incidents could have gone to the extreme of divorce, but we worked it out.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation