Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

my husband is alegal perminant resident and is going to court for a bogus charge ,w

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• my husband is alegal perminant resident and is going to court for a bogus charge ,w

no evidence the prosecuter is giving my husband 2 weeks to except his plea bargin which is their going to drop it from a felony to a misdameanor !either way my husband is screwed they"ll deport him right?is there anyone that knows how to prevent this from happening are knows a lawyer

no evidence the prosecuter is giving my husband 2 weeks to except his plea bargin which is their going to drop it from a felony to a misdameanor !either way my husband is screwed they"ll deport him right?is there anyone that knows how to prevent this from happening are knows a lawyer

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by the king:
      no evidence the prosecuter is giving my husband 2 weeks to except his plea bargin which is their going to drop it from a felony to a misdameanor !either way my husband is screwed they"ll deport him right?is there anyone that knows how to prevent this from happening are knows a lawyer </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
      What is the allegation?
      "Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence." John Adams on Defense of the boston Massacre

Comment

And we should help a criminal .... because?????

Comment

"criminal"? I didn't read the word "conviction" anywhere...

Comment

Why else is there a prosecutor and police involved? Do you think police arrest innocent people for no reason? This is America not some third world corrupt banana republic. If you are arrested for something then you are guilty (excluding the false domestic violence and rape nonsense of course).

Comment

Maybe in the banana republic you seem to talk about all the time you can arrest people and say they're guilty. But that doesn't apply in the U.S.

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Do you think police arrest innocent people for no reason? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes, in fact, they do. You should pick up a newspaper once in a while, instead of spending all of your time trolling this discussion board.

Comment

yeah, in the good ole USA, as long as you've plenty of money to hire the best defense lawyer, you can get away with murder (or be a woman and claim abuse).

Comment

&gt;If you are arrested for something then you are guilty (excluding the false domestic violence and rape nonsense of course).

I call bollocks.

Obviously (or perhaps not so obviously to some) you can be arrested for something, and aren't considered guilty of that crime until convicted of it.

As for the plea bargain. I'm not surprised by this either. For instance, I got pulled over for failing to signal on a turn - a moving violation that carries a fine and 3 points. Despite my demonstrating to the officer - at the time - that it was a faulty indicator, not a failure to signal, he insisted on pressing the charge.

I insisted on pleading not guilty at traffic court, and when presented with my presence (and not folding over, paying the fine and taking the charge) the state attourney attempts to plea bargain it down to 'Faulty indicator' - which is a lesser fine and no points. Standard practice, it seems, in order to effect a judgment in favour of the county, rather than have to *actually* stand up and prosecute a case - the plea bargain is essentially a capitulation and acceptance of the plea charge with no contest.

One assumes, if the charge is indeed bogus, that your husband can stand up in court, plead not guilty and walk out a free man. In which case he'll be fine

Either way, best do as Mike says and hire a lawyer...

Comment

the king/Elvis you need to contact an immigration lawyer/expert definitely. A person can be easily tricked into pleading to a lesser charge but is not notified of the IMMIGRATION deadly consequences.I dont think there is anyone on this board who can answer this question. Furthermore what you are saying does not sound right. Anyway whether he plead guilty and do time or do no time Prob etc. He will still be faced with the INS/ICE who will arrest him right after he is finished with the criminal case. Second Arrest (Detainer) Then the DEPORTATION PROCEEDINGS BEGINS. Good Luck.. God Bless America...Speedy

Comment

Well is this a bogus thread for a bogus crime?

The King you have not answered back what was he charged with. and if there is no evidence, then why would you even consider a plea?

Generally an alien must have 2 misdeamnors to be considered eligble for removal.

If it is a felony , the alien will do his time in jail first, then be referred to USCIS to be looked at.

It is not an automatic deportation criteria.
                        Citizenship if convicted, he can kiss that away for awhile.
                        Drugs and murder carry a high priority for removal.

Whatever lawyer you get, make sure it is a lawyer versed in criminal AND immigration matters. do not rely on a criminal lawyers's judgement. it could cost your husband his residency.

Let us know please

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed