replied
    car reverse parking camera with display price in india

Leave a comment:

• Cleopatra
    replied
    hi
    this is for V2007

how ur process goes?
    they called me for an interview... at least they didnt loose my file. was late but it happened.
    what about you?

Leave a comment:

• Cleopatra
    replied
    they asked me if i am still merried. seems to be a verry long process. good luck to you. its a lot of missunderstanding and confusion.
    take care

Leave a comment:

• V2007
    replied
    Cleo
    What info did you get from immigration officer when he gave you 6 month extension stamp.
    I m also in same boat,
    Applied in Sep 2007, biometrics done on 11/3/07
    and right now still waiting for update.
    I have 1 year extension letter so I am good till sep 2008 (or dec 2008 if i count 1 year from my expired GC).
    What did you do to get stamp on you passport? I might have to do it in sept 2008 if i dont hear back from VSC.

Leave a comment:

• 4now
    replied
    Cleo

Why would I be disappointed?

So you spoke with a Misinformation Officer instead who gave you incorrect information.

You should be elated that You have now received the correct information. ... but you are welcome anyway.

Actually, the correction was not 4u, but 4 other members that are out there that may have read the erroneous information that the I/O told you.

Leave a comment:

• Cleopatra
    replied
    Did anyone got the interview?
    how did it go?

Leave a comment:

• Cleopatra
    replied
    4 now:
    i am really sorry to dissapointed you but i got the answer from the immigration officer when he gave the 6 month extension stamp.
    thank you though.

Leave a comment:

• 4now
    replied
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Cleopatra:
    ins said that i cant apply for naturalization if my i-751 case is pending.
    how can i do it? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

This is not true. You probably spoke to the customer service misinformation line.

Your case may not be eligible based on your timeframe. follow the information to determine yourself if you are eligible to apply. It does not matter that your 751 has not been yet adjudicated. Of course your N-400 will not get finalized before the 751 is approved. Most likely they will be adjudicated together, or it will force the 751 to be adjudicated if it is taking a long time.

You can apply for naturalization based on marriage to usc 2 years and 9 months from the date on your conditional greencard. file form N-400 with applicable fees and evidences.

See list of naturalization requirements :

to apply for naturalization , individuals must satisfy the following criteria:

Must obtain permanent residence before applying for naturalization unless the person served in the U.S. armed forces during a period of hostilities.

Must be 18 years or older.

Must be a permanent resident for five years. However, <span class="ev_code_RED">if a person is married to an U.S. citizen, the individual may be eligible for naturalization in three years if (a) the couple has been married for three years, (b) if the spouse was a citizen during that entire period, and (c) if the couple is living in marital union. </span>
    Must have resided for three months in the state where the petition was filed.

Must be physically present in the U.S. for at least one half of the five years<span class="ev_code_RED"> (or one half of three if spouse is a citizen). This is measured by counting the number of days in the United States. </span>
    Must have resided continuously within the U.S. from the date the application was filed to the time of admission to citizenship. Departures of six months or more, but less than one year, will be presumed to have broken the continuing of residence. This presumption can be rebutted

Must not have been absent from the U.S. for a continuous period of more than one year during the periods for which continuous residence is required. Exceptions are: military service abroad and employees posted abroad who have approval to preserve residency.

Must be a person of good moral character for the five- (or three-) year period. (i.e. no convictions reflecting on moral character, compliance with tax laws and support of spouse / children etc.)

Loyalty to the U.S. as opposed to home country.

English - An elementary level of understanding, reading, writing. Exceptions are persons over fifty, residing in the U.S. for 20 years as permanent residents; persons over 55, living in the U.S. for 15 years as permanent residents. Certain disability exemptions may apply in appropriate cases.

A knowledge of the fundamentals of U.S. government and history. Again, disability exemptions may be available in certain cases

Leave a comment:

• Cleopatra
    replied
    this is for yumcornishpastries

so, you are the citizen part?
    how long did this stupid process take you guys? did any of you file a waiver during the process?

Leave a comment:

• Cleopatra
    replied
    ins said that i cant apply for naturalization if my i-751 case is pending.
    how can i do it?

Leave a comment:

• YumCornishPasties
    replied
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Cleopatra:
    hi there, is it there anyone that filled their case to vermont? how long does it take them to get back to you?
    i am trying to see "case status on line" but from 8 mths now they are telling me that the case been receved and is still pending.im loosing my patience. is there anyone else in this situation?
    I need to know what i can expect from them.
    Please,i need an answer.
    Thank you all. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hi!! I think my ex filed @ the VT Center. Don't know anything about a timeline for processing as we are not speaking anymore. But if I find out anything, I'll let you know.

Leave a comment:

• 4now
    replied
    yes, you may be right but in the same time i need to know what i am going to do in the future...school, career...im putting all my time in doing a good think ..and..who knows, i am reading so many opinions around ....that "i will not be surprised of anything" </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hello cleo

Im really dont understand all this drama about your 751 It is just another step in the process. It has nothing to do with your school, career, travel etc. decisions. UNLESS of course you are expecting to get denied, or maybe you want to leave your spouse once you receive the card. Other than that , it is hard to understand why you would be so upset or frantic about this.

There is nothing stopping you from traveling to see your family or anything else that you have mentioned, including making decision about your school.

You have an extension for 1 year, and if that expires, you will get a stamp in your passport until your case comes up for adjudication in the processing timeframe. Your pending 751 does not even keep you from applying for your citizenship based on marriage to usc. if you are now eligible, I suggest you apply for the n-400 to start the process.

Leave a comment:

• ProudUSC
    replied
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">My husband is the citizen part, but he also have some serious problems. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sorry to hear that, Cleo. Any chance your parents can get a visitor visa to come see you? Sounds like you need some family support right now.

Leave a comment:

• Cleopatra
    replied
    Thank you, I will try to chill a little bit, but i am kind of dissapointed in a way. They do hold me back from going home and seeing my parents,relatives, also taking decisions about my school.
    How much do you trust an attorney?
    My husband is the citizen part, but he also have some serious problems.
    Thanks and have a good weekend

Leave a comment:

• Aroha
    replied
    Cleopatra, I know it's extremely frustrating, but a lot of service centers got hammered last year when they brought in the fee increases, so they are well behind. Unfortunately, your time-frame fits in with the back-log that caused.

There are a lot of people in the same boat and I sympathize with you completely. I wish there were better answers for you, but all you can really do at this point is wait it out.

Leave a comment:

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation