Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• work visas?

I'm and 18 year old from Toronto,Canada who wants to move to Florida by January 08. My father is in the process of getting his green card and has just bought a home in the state.Are there any jobs I can do while im out there to support myself while waiting for my green card? I plan to start school over there in January..is there a visa that I can get that can get me temporary work? If anyone has any contacts etc.that could help me find work that woud be great thanks!

I'm and 18 year old from Toronto,Canada who wants to move to Florida by January 08. My father is in the process of getting his green card and has just bought a home in the state.Are there any jobs I can do while im out there to support myself while waiting for my green card? I plan to start school over there in January..is there a visa that I can get that can get me temporary work? If anyone has any contacts etc.that could help me find work that woud be great thanks!

Comment

If you enter in F-1 or J-1 student status (as verified by your I-94 card) you will be eligible to work up to 20 hours a week on campus. After 9 months you can apply for an internship and if you get one the schools DSO or RO can authorize you for what is called Curricular Practical Training so that you can work in the internship.

Your father can also apply for employment authorization for you when he files the I-485. This is the most flexible employment authoriztion but it takes a while to get depending on how far along he is in the green card process. Make sure you are part of his application because you will "age out" after you turn 21

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation