Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Doen Ins track green card holders when they leave usa

do they keep a track of people with green cards who leave the country for more than a year thereby giving up their residency.. is the green card number scanned for departure and arrival???

thanks

do they keep a track of people with green cards who leave the country for more than a year thereby giving up their residency.. is the green card number scanned for departure and arrival???

thanks

Comment

if ur flying then yes,,,but if u cross the boarder there is no way for them to know long u been exactly outside the country

Comment

can i get that information or can my attorney request that...or ins doesn't distribute that....Im going to need to get that information for my attorney

Comment

i dont understand what information r u trying to get?

Comment

i have a sworn affadavit from an individual who left the county 6 years ago and lost her permanent status. on it she claims she still lives here... How do i get the infor on her that her green card is expired and she hasn't been in the county for 6 years. im going now thru child custody battle, my husbands mom now has given a false affadavit that she lives with us and hes never stricken me..i know for a fact she left in 2001 and hasn't lived with us...there must be something i can get..

Comment

Subpoena her and make her produce her passport. That should show her last entry into the Country,

Comment

i already know they'll say the passport is lost and can't be found

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by jess151:
                  can i get that information or can my attorney request that...or ins doesn't distribute that....Im going to need to get that information for my attorney </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
                  INS does not distribute entry, but CDB. They only track entry and she should have a I-94 arrival/departure record. However, she may be livng in the United States. Those online background checks do not always provide accurate information, nor does a copy of the credit report, if that is where you are getting your information.

If you are in a custody battle, the family court will need some proof of her physical address, other than a PO Box. But it appears from your responses that the two of you have not lived with each other for a couple of years. It is entirely possible she is living with someone else, either a boyfriend, friend, or unknown relative. But it is quite easy for someone to disappear in the United States.
                  "Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence." John Adams on Defense of the boston Massacre

Comment

actually i know for a fact shes not here, shes been gone since 2001 and accordingly her green card should have expired. now where i would be able to get a record of that is what im trying to find out...if i sophoena her they'll probaly say she just left the country for personal business, my ex or soon to be ex lies a lot and it seems he gets away with it.....

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by jess151:
                      actually i know for a fact shes not here, shes been gone since 2001 and accordingly her green card should have expired. now where i would be able to get a record of that is what im trying to find out...if i sophoena her they'll probaly say she just left the country for personal business, my ex or soon to be ex lies a lot and it seems he gets away with it..... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
                      Personally, I think you are presuming too much on knowing where she is. You are not the GRU. However, the only way to obtain that information is either file a freedom of information act through your attorney, or have the family court, through your child custody case, issue a subpoena for her to produce those records. Either option carries risk of either the government agency rejecting the claim, the judge not granting the subpoena, or she does not comply with the subpoena. Of course, the other option is she can comply with the subpoena and the information is not what you are looking for (that is, she resides in the U.S.).

NOTE: If you have attempted to use the online private detective services, a private investigator, or other similar tactics, they are not fool proof when it comes to international searches and those services have far too many holes of not knowing the whereabouts of a person than if that person is a USC and has remained in the US for their entire lifetime.
                      "Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence." John Adams on Defense of the boston Massacre

Comment

because of legal concern i know for a fact shes not here.... she lived with me and my husband left oversees in 2001. he actually even made a affadavit in front of me of hers so her children can come here and they did in feb 07...i just don't know how i can get this info out...

Comment

jess151, maybe I'm missing something, but how is proving she is not living in the US going to help your custody case?

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">boarder there is no way for them to know long u been exactly outside the country </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
                            <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">understand what information r u trying to get? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

when you have a GC you should not leave the country more than 180 days at the time unless you have a good reason.

Comment

because she mother in law just gave an affadavit shes lived with us and saw no domestic violence.....she doesn't speak english or has money, she left the us in 2001.... my husband even gave a fake affadavit to ins to bring his brother and sister here that she still lives with us..........i hope that clears the confusion

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation