How can a spouse report to immigration that marriage is fraud

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I do not believe in vindictiveness. We must all help each other and be nice to each other. What goes around comes around naturally. If you are nice then life will be nice to you back. It would be good and healthy for people to forgive and move on, but often the fraudster gets the police involved to create a false VAWA claim. People have to protect themselves. Nobody should be sent to jail by someone who defrauded them. That's ridiculous. People report fraud to protect themselves from being arrested for VAWA; not to be vindictive. If you defraud someone and try to get them arrested on false charges, you can not then complain that they are being vindictive. Fraud victims were not "blinded by love" but blinded by deceit.

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Darkforce:
      I do not believe in vindictiveness. We must all help each other and be nice to each other. What goes around comes around naturally. If you are nice then life will be nice to you back. It would be good and healthy for people to forgive and move on, but often the fraudster gets the police involved to create a false VAWA claim. People have to protect themselves. Nobody should be sent to jail by someone who defrauded them. That's ridiculous. People report fraud to protect themselves from being arrested for VAWA; not to be vindictive. If you defraud someone and try to get them arrested on false charges, you can not then complain that they are being vindictive. Fraud victims were not "blinded by love" but blinded by deceit. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

When did VAWA come in to it? Lets not forget that we don't know the OP's exact situation. For all we know, they've been married long enough to have LPR, in which case, there's no VAWA.

As was pointed out, the length of the marriage, the type of residency held and the evidence provided in the first instance count for a lot. At what point does it stop being considered for fraud? 2 years, if you go by USCIS standards.

The fact of the matter is that the USCIS are used to hearing ludicrous claims from people that have been married outside the period they consider fraud will be outed. They require absolute proof to take claims of fraud seriously, not just the rantings of a bitter spouse.
      The whole of life is but a moment of time. It is our duty, therefore to use it, not to misuse it - Plutarch

Comment

it could be longer; the length of a marriage is not dispositive as they say

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by omni:
          I have a question.how can a spouse report to immigration that marriage is fraud with out getting them selves into trouble,say for instance,I married some one for love and that person writes to immigration to tell them lies that <span class="ev_code_RED">I married for green card,and yet the person has no proof how can this affect me?Can any one shed light on this for me,please</span>! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It can be enough to put a wrench in an otherwise smooth adjudication. Doesnt matter if there is hardcore proof. If there were hardcore proof you would be going to court to face a worse outcome than removal.

Circumstancial evidences submitted and timeline events will be considered when adjudicating your petition.

Only you know what she may have used against you or can be used against you. We dont.

USC does not have any worry about being implicated unless of course you implicate he/she. But then of course if alien does that, it would be an admission/implication of guilt on behalf of alien.

What is your story?

Comment

If the spouse reporting an allegation of fraud is a USC and has sufficient evidence to support that allegation, then USCIS will scutinise the case and might very well call the alien in for an interview if the alien is seeking further benefits. If the alien already has Naturalized, then chances are it would take significant evidence to force USCIS to consider revokation, or rescission.<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by omni:
            I have a question.how can a spouse report to immigration that marriage is fraud with out getting them selves into trouble,say for instance,I married some one for love and that person writes to immigration to tell them lies that I married for green card,and yet the person has no proof how can this affect me?Can any one shed light on this for me,please! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by omni:
              I have a question.how can a spouse report to immigration that marriage is fraud with out getting them selves into trouble,say for instance,I married some one for love and that person writes to immigration to tell them lies that I married for green card,and yet the person has no proof how can this affect me?Can any one shed light on this for me,please! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Before the marriage to come to this country you loved your spouse, he/she was trust worthy, now when you are exposed, your criminal acts are catching up to you, you want to blame the other side. GET OUT OF THIS COUNTRY.
              I am not racist. I am not anti-immigrant. I am AGAINST CRIMINALS, FRAUDSTERS, WHO DISOBEY THE LAW, BREAK THE LAW AND PERPETRATE THE FRAUD.

You may not like what I have to say but that does not mean I am wrong.

Comment

a wakeup call for bentonasia...

Comment

SHED THE LIGHT?

STOP Lying, Cheating! America Will welcome Anyone! But Americans Have a Rule: Don't Lie, Cheat, Steal!!!
                  "America" Lets in Those That Lie, cheat, Steal! But "Americans" will Fight it!!!
                  USC and Legal, Honest Immigrant Alike Must Fight Against Those That Deceive and Disrupt A Place Of Desirability! All Are Victims of Fraud, Both USC and Honest Immigrant Alike! The bad can and does make it more difficult for the good! Be careful who y

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Darkforce:
                    I do not believe in vindictiveness. We must all help each other and be nice to each other. What goes around comes around naturally. If you are nice then life will be nice to you back. It would be good and healthy for people to forgive and move on, but often the fraudster gets the police involved to create a false VAWA claim. People have to protect themselves. Nobody should be sent to jail by someone who defrauded them. That's ridiculous. People report fraud to protect themselves from being arrested for VAWA; not to be vindictive. If you defraud someone and try to get them arrested on false charges, you can not then complain that they are being vindictive. Fraud victims were not "blinded by love" but blinded by deceit. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I Wish I Had said This!!!!
                    USC and Legal, Honest Immigrant Alike Must Fight Against Those That Deceive and Disrupt A Place Of Desirability! All Are Victims of Fraud, Both USC and Honest Immigrant Alike! The bad can and does make it more difficult for the good! Be careful who y

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation